Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,576 members, 7,837,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government (15148 Views)

Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths / "Stop Misreporting Buhari In Germany" - German Reporter Tells Nigerian Media / New Plan To Postpone Elections Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by chigoizie7(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rubbish, what if JEGA is not ready yet? Until he solves that card reader issue or discard it entirely, den he aint ready yet.
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by myouri(f): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
And what's their business if they shift/cancel the elections undecided..

True talk..INEC shouldn't shift it again oh else I move to North Korea! grin
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Rilwayne001: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
cheesy
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
if they like make them shift am
me and my family na buhari
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Thermythorpe(f): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
.m
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by micrep3030(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Laycan(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Charlesdonald:
The United Nations has urged the Nigerian government to ensure the sanctity of new dates for its general elections, amid increasing concerns the government may yet again move the crucial polls from March 28 and April 11.
The general elections were shifted from February 14 and 28 by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, over security fears.

Many Nigerians and the international community have urged the government to ensure the polls are not shifted the second time. The main opposition, All Progressives Congress, APC, says the government instigated the first shift to avoid the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan at the polls.

In a statement Friday, the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-moon, “strongly” urged the Nigerian government and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to respect the new dates and ensure there are no further shifts.
“Following the postponement of general elections in Nigeria to 28 March and 11 April, the Secretary-General strongly urges the Government and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to ensure these new dates are maintained, in accordance with the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution,” a statement by the world body said.
Mr. Ban’s statement came days after the head of INEC, Attahiru Jega, told Nigerian Senators he could not commit to the sanctity of the new dates for the elections, saying that was outside the powers of the electoral body.
Speaking Thursday, President Goodluck Jonathan said the elections will hold as scheduled by INEC.

The United Nations Secretary General, Mr. Ban, welcomed the president’s commitment to the new calendar.
He commended the progress made by INEC in the preparation for the elections, including the distribution of Permanent Voter Cards.

He urged all relevant national institutions to continue to work with INEC to ensure all voters can exercise their constitutional right to participate in the elections freely and without intimidation.

The Secretary-General expressed strong concern over reports of election-related violence.
He urged all political leaders to adhere to their commitments under the Abuja Accord, to refrain from inflammatory statements and to immediately condemn any statements from their supporters that amount to an incitement to violence or subversion of the electoral process.
The Secretary-General reiterated to Nigerians that the United Nations will be closely following developments and is offering its full support to Nigeria at this important moment.

Source:: www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177266-dont-shift-elections-again-un-tells-nigeria.html

Beg PDP
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by iphanyiuma(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
UN please mind your forking business and leave us alone...am just enjoying what jona is doing to buhari and his slaves..gringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Praktikals(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
GMB tenure MFD = 2015
GMB tenure EPIRY DATE= 2023

1 Like

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by farem: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
[b]U.N has joined APC or else they will not be talking from Lai Mohammed press release! [/b]Doyin Okupe
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by chigoizie7(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
I tot this election was shifted because INEC was not ready, and in the true sense of it, they were not ready, if that election was conducted, it would ve been the worst in history of Nigeria, cos INEC would be held responsible for the massive rigging.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Ilekeh(f): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=14pt]INEC CAN SHIFT ELECTION, IF PVC IS NOT DISTRIBUTED. NOTHING CONCERN AGBERO WITH OVERLOAD...[/size] grin
GEJ TILL 2019

Funny. You think UN is a biscuit factory abi?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Whobedatte(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire2:
The elections musnt be shifted because I firefire can't wait to vote for buhari.
sharrap! You mercenary!!!
Your passion isn't for a better Nigeria anyway BUT for your egocentric, importunte needs. Whoever takes you serious needs have his head examined
Mtcheew
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by dre11(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
He commended the progress made by INEC in the preparation for the elections, including the distribution of Permanent Voter Cards.
He urged all relevant national institutions to continue to work with INEC to ensure all voters can exercise their constitutional right to participate in the elections freely and without intimidation.

This is an international organization commending our INEC official for a job Weldon and encourages them to be better

But, our parties especially PDP will always say negative things about them instead of commending them and their supporters always follow suit
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by sparkleRed(f): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
johncreek:
Let them shift it.
Oga Jona will learn a bitter lesson.
Na pple lyk u first rant pass d first tym oo, wetn u do den lol

Anyways Jona must nt shift d date
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by dre11(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
I hope he won't be tempted to shift the date

U can never trust him
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by jerflakes(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:
undecided

I HOPE THE COWARD IN CHIEF OF ARMED FORCES HEARS THIS WARNING. IF HE HAS DONE GREAT AS ADVERTISED BY HIS CO-Satanists, HE HAS NO REASONS TO FEAR ELECTIONS. HE AND HIS GOONS SHALL BE ALIVE TO WITNESS THE SWEARING IN OF GMB.

BUHARI WILL RESCUE US FROM THE THIEVING ELITES

quote me and die of stray bullets undecided

I've quoted you.

I don't see no stray bullets. cry

I trusted you and you lied to me.

Burn in hell.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Soreza(m): 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
And what is their fucking concern
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Rostel2: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Technically,elections can still be shifted there's nothing anyone can do about it aside bluff and then keep mum afterwards because it is constitutional. only May 29 Is sacrosanct. UN should mind their own business.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by DesChyko: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
Orisirisi.. Our soldiers and citizens are being decimated by the Boko Haram issues and someone somewhere is more concerned with elections.

If the situation doesn't END COMPLETELY before then, I will remain at home, election dates shifted or not! angry
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
And who are they?

As the match want to start hope u all have the authentic tips for today?

See how to predict and win using my formate. It worked for me and a lot of people. I hope and believe it will work for u. Visit the link on my signature sharp sharp
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by halimaabi: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
GEJ TILL 2020
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Cryin 4 d bereaved
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by M4gunners: 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ban ki moon and his team has lost it.Did he listing to Shekau treat at all? He should concentrate on the displaced people around the world not nigeria election mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by brightology3: 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:
undecided

I HOPE THE COWARD IN CHIEF OF ARMED FORCES HEARS THIS WARNING. IF HE HAS DONE GREAT AS ADVERTISED BY HIS CO-Satanists, HE HAS NO REASONS TO FEAR ELECTIONS. HE AND HIS GOONS SHALL BE ALIVE TO WITNESS THE SWEARING IN OF GMB.

BUHARI WILL RESCUE US FROM THE THIEVING ELITES

quote me and die of stray bullets undecided
foolish cow lyk u n ur fada
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by WOCKHARDI(m): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
chamboy:
March 28 is Fixed
End of Clueless Government in Nigeria

Sai Buhari

Nothing is ever fixed !
The situation and the circumstances on ground by then will determine what happens.
Change change change, my friend, that date can also change.
Clueless opposition.
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Ivanspring(f): 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
Firefire2:
The elections musnt be shifted because I firefire can't wait to vote for buhari.

Firefire wanna be.
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by ndcide(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
What if we postpone the election so what?

it seems this people don't know that the earlier date was a disaster about to happen . though I have my PVC and ready to vote GEJ. my cousin don't have his. Yet he voted in 2011. funny enough he is one of the buhari faithful.

with Cross river state PVC initially in Kebbi state, with INEC staff being sacked for denying non indigenes of Lagos State there PVC and 400000 PVCs for Lagos state yet to reach Lagos?

There must be something sinister going on here. I refuse to agree that the UN is saying this. If so then it is most unfortunate as their Objectivity have been crushed by the alarm of APC.

UN can go to hell

We shall conduct our election and GEJ will win.
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by kokoA(m): 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
M4gunners:
Ban ki moon and his team has lost it.Did he listing to Shekau treat at all? He should concentrate on the displaced people around the world not nigeria election mtcheew.
You mean a sovereign nation should postponed her general election because of one terrorist's threat?! shocked are you for real? When did we sink to this level? Smh.. Elections must hold March 28th and April 11th. No terrorist can stop us! Countries like Afganistan, Iraq, Somalia, etc hold elections during war not to talk of us battling some ragtag militias occupying few local government areas..
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by canalily(m): 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
auntymi:
Kk
u eehcheesy see how u were just strongling 4 4ront pagegrin y u no respond to my shoutoutundecided ?
Re: Don’t Shift Elections Again, UN Tells Nigerian Government by Firefire2: 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ivanspring:

Firefire wanna be.
Shut that shît hole u call mouth if you don't want me to deal with u this afternoon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun / Air-Force Commandos Demonstrate Operation Thunder Bolt (Video) / Court Gives Abaribe, Others Feb 28 To Account For Kanu’s Whereabouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.