Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Nigerians And Line Jumping - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians And Line Jumping (841 Views)

Nigerians And Kenyans Attack One Another On Twitter (hilarious!) / Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Woman Commits Suicide By Jumping Into A Pond With 1000 Crocodiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Line Jumping by laglad: 8:06pm On Jan 07, 2009
What's the deal with us nigerians and the inability to line up at restaurants, embassies etc.? I was in dolphin buying shawarma and this woman jumps in front of me as I am lining up. Let me add that she looked like a professional educated worker. I politely ask her,"Are you jumping in front of me?" She replied, "Yes I am, it's a free country." Free country? Free country? Is that a serious reply? I let her jump in front of me but I was seriously mystified by why a civilised woman would behave like this.
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by Raymond88(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
You should have tickled her ass and punched her in the face. . . with pinkies up of course, for good manners!  smiley
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by mohawkchic(f): 6:22am On Jan 08, 2009
~Its not Just a Nigerian Thing,I've observed People doing the Jump-the-Queue thingy Or Leave-The-Queue-&-Come-Back especially in the supermarket angry You'd prolly been stood there for ages,then some so & so thinks "Why Not"!! Winds me up big time!! The only exception i'll allow to jump me is a Pensioner!! grin I Do have a Nana

~Me think its only polite to acknowledge someone was there before you !! Piss-Takers if you ask me!!They certainly are not Blind to the fact But would want to take the piss anyways!!

~Same goes for the peeps who have a habit of suddenly recalling they have to go grab something real quick before their turn . . grin . . .it wouldnt hurt to at least let the person know you want to keep your place at the queue!! I just hate it when peeps go off the line without a word & expect to come back to "their" spot angry *Sighs . .Got that off me chest cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 08, 2009
I think the poster is more concerned about people who don't line up and try to "jump" to the front of the line.
If people are already in line and the leave, its still okay.
It's only Nigerians that think they are more important than everyone else that actually do this.
The most stupid excuse is " I am late", "I have an appointment". . . as if everyone else online does not have anything better to do with their time as well.

It infuriates me when i'm in line and the line takes about 2hrs to move a step forward because people keep "entering" from the front.
It is this same attitude that Nigerian drivers have that results in cars using "side walks" as the highway during "hold ups"
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by mohawkchic(f): 7:06am On Jan 08, 2009
A-town:

I think the poster is more concerned about people who don't line up and try to "jump" to the front of the line.[/b]If people are already in line and the leave, its still okay.
It's only Nigerians that think they are more important than everyone else that actually do this.
The most stupid excuse is [b]" I am late", "I have an appointment".
. . as if everyone else online does not have anything better to do with their time as well.

It infuriates me when i'm in line and the line takes about 2hrs to move a step forward because people keep "entering" from the front.
It is this same attitude that Nigerian drivers have that results in cars using "side walks" as the highway during "hold ups"

~I get that! grin -Felt like having a good ole rant on the whole "On/off/Jump Queue thing" !!

~Stupid Excuses Indeed!!
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by jaybee3(m): 7:19am On Jan 08, 2009
The most annoying one for me happens right at the MMA airport (immigration fools checking passport when coming into the country) where queue jumping is so flipping rampant.
Re: Nigerians And Line Jumping by laglad: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2009
It points to a deeper problem; that we are not a patient bunch. This wasn't even an ambiguous line - u know, the ones where ppl are crowding behind. This was straight up walk in front because the country is free.

Another problem is on the side of the service ppl who shld call them out for jumping ahead. They just ignore the situation and pretend its not their business.

(1) (Reply)

Busybein Where Art Thou? / Elegant Brand Watches & Handbags / Woman Gives N3m Lottery Cash To Beggar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.