Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State (1028 Views)

Mssn Rejoinder To Osun Hijab Issue / Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / Way Forward On Hijab Issue And Terrorism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Liadi2(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2015
Asalam Alaikum, am a corp member serving in in rivers state posted to onelga at omoku, My PPA was in aggah community secondary school, we Muslim are facing serious challenge here, firstly no mosque, the biggest part of it was dat de don't allow our hijab sister to use small hijab not to talk of big one de it was use by dere masquerade to.an extent dat de igwe told us dat if de attack d girl dat he won't do anything, so we re confuse and dis is also happening in some of d state local government not here only.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by olaideeeedris(m): 7:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Oya join the masquerade nw grin
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Trunaijian: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2015
My dear, the igwe has warned her you rightly. Given the present circumstance of the country's security challenges, there are a lot fractured perception especially in areas where Islam isn't predominant. So for her sake and her loved ones,let her heed the advice of the igwe and tie a scarf. It doesn't stop her from being a Muslim.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by umar745(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2015
You can offer your prayers as Zuhur IF there is no place for Jummat prayer. It is allowed.
If there are other muslims there get together find a secluded place and offer your prayers, if its just you pray in your room

And for the hijab sister she can cover her hair properly with a large scarf and wear gowns that are buttoned to the neck or aggressively seek redeployment.

Don't make yourself a walking target, else they'll hurt you and nothing will happen.
Just my 2 cent

1 Like

Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 22, 2015
Does Not wearing of Hijab make her a less moslem?

No,let her abide with the rules,its just a year,after that,she can use hijab as long as wedding gown..

Next!
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by lirusehn(m): 7:44am On Feb 22, 2015
senseless hypocryte. go back to your village if the order aint okay by yu or better still go to hell . we are washing you terrorists off our land.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by joseph1832(m): 7:57am On Feb 22, 2015
Liadi2:
Asalam Alaikum, am a corp member serving in in rivers state posted to onelga at omoku, My PPA was in aggah community secondary school, we Muslim are facing serious challenge here, firstly no mosque, the biggest part of it was dat de don't allow our hijab sister to use small hijab not to talk of big one de it was use by dere masquerade to.an extent dat de igwe told us dat if de attack d girl dat he won't do anything, so we re confuse and dis is also happening in some of d state local government not here only.
I wonder why you people like crying wolf when they deprive you of not wearing your hijab. I serve in the north, the core north to be precise, and I had some of the rights taken from me and others as well, hell you didn't see us open threads and complain about it did you?.

The NYSC is not a supporter of any religion. So my advice to you is to heed the advice of the igwe.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Akshow: 7:58am On Feb 22, 2015
even though i dont see any sense in their war against corpers wearing hijab, but then, when u are in Rome u behave like the Roman. using a small head tie instead of hijab won't kill u will it?

corp members posted to core northern villages too are warned against wearing trousers and skimpy clothes and to stay peacefully they abide. Do same pls

1 Like

Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by ProPastorChris(m): 8:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Liadi2:

Mr Muslim man, one question for you: Are you a Christian?
If no, please move this post to the Islam for Muslims section.
I wonder why some people are commenting herw while they cannot comment in your section except one accepts to be a muslim.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by englishmart(m): 8:27am On Feb 22, 2015
na make una see as e dey be.... Shey una kill our corpers some years back?

Just to leave hijab, una dey complain, you nova see anything
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by SalC: 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
Liadi2:
I know omoku though I don't know the said community, I think there's a small mosque in omoku but there's a bigger one at Obrikom about five mins drive from Omoku market. If you won't mind, you can sacrifice N200 to and fro to go for jumat service.

Again for the Hijab issue, yeah they might attack you especially if you wear long hijab. Infact there masquerade festival at Obrikom ended 2 days ago and if you had seen it, you will notice there is little or no difference between it and long hijab, that's why they don't like people wearing it.

Be careful some Omoku boys are rough and there's so much fight and uproar there these days, they may willingly attack you for such flimsy excuses and since the igwe already warned you, he won't do anything to them.

I suggest you use head scarf now for your safety. Though I know few people who still use the hijab but its somehow risky.

Hope this helps
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Anas09: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
But what if u striped with a bomb, then cover urself with hijab? Espercially now with jihad in ur mind. Pllllllls, rolling my eyes. How many christians have u ever heard complainning abt the things they are subjected to in the North. Get a life or pack ur ugly smelling self up north.
Re: Nysc Hijab Issue In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
Liadi2:
I cover this thread with the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!!!
Why do you pagans, delusionists, arnas like looking for the trouble of isaac's children(who are the real children and not BASTARDS)?? Firstly! You come to a christian section to post the rubbish bolded and start a paganish conversation (where you have your own paganish section). Next, you want to wear hijab in port-harcourt and yet people are stoned in kano for wearing common trouser and even boys who do stylish hair o. I know of a lady who was stoned in kano. In kano, you dare not walk without hijab (be you christian etc.) Common long skirt without veil sef fit land you inside........... This is my problem with you people, wanting to islamize anywhere. Lastly tell me, how many churches are in nassarawa g.r.a in kano?? How many churches are there in daura?? GOD punish you for your selfishness (just like saw piss be on him) Mtcheeeeew rubbish. This is a christian section, the insult you get is due to your selfishness and stupidity. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Islam: World's Fastest-Growing Religion (A Constructive Threat To Other Faiths) / Someone Help Interpret This Dream For Me / Disturbing Photos: The Wickedness Of ISIS Men Is Beyond This World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.