Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,720 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group (1120 Views)

PDP: Buhari Thinks Dasuki Wants To Be President / Jonathan Transition Team Trickish – Buhari Campaign Group / No Link Between Buhari, Boko Haram – Jonathan Campaign Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by 1LRNZH: 9:22am On Feb 22, 2015
Against the backdrop of the drama acted by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the course of quitting PDP, Malam Garba Shehu, the Director of Communications of the APC presidential campaign, in an encounter, enjoined other members to leave the PDP and openly shred their membership cards.

How do you describe the alleged moves by the ruling party, PDP, to disorganise the APC ahead of the postponed elections?
PDP leaders know they are losing this election, they have seen the handwriting on the wall.

How do you mean?
We are aware that they commissioned opinion polls conducted by some outfits domiciled in Israel, UK, US and even Nigeria and the verdict shows they are losing the election. So it is very clear that they just want to hold us down. They decided to employ all antics to hold and slow us down, so that they can do a catch up. Basically, that is their trick and Nigerians fully understand it and that is what is playing out presently.

We learnt that armed security agents besieged your residence recently as well as that of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. How do you take that?
Well, is it intended to distract and intimidate our party leaders. The PDP does not want anyone to discuss corruption, the economic degradation and the unspeakable foul play in the NNPC. Neither do they want anybody to discuss the insecurity in Nigeria. If you observe very well, anytime they talk about insecurity in Nigeria, they tend to generalise it as a global phenomenon. What they want is to take away our minds, from these critical issues, to inconsequential issues.

They have been on it since. They started with inconsequential age of Gen. Buhari, later they called him (Buhari) a religious bigot, they later turned into the inconsequential certificate issue; they also went too far to discuss the health of Gen. Buhari; now they are using armed security agents to intimidate our leaders. We know their tricks. It won’t change anything. Nigerians are simply sick and tired of this government. That is the truth.

They are tired of unemployment, their acclaimed fastest growing economy that has no effect on the lives of average Nigerians and in a tailspin. Nigerians are tired of a government that has made corruption a culture and a government that cannot protect lives and property.
We must continue to talk about them even when they surround our homes and roads with armed security agents.

There have been reactions on why former President Olusegun Obasanjo left the PDP, openly shredding his membership card. What, in your view, does this portend in the political landscape?
The departure of Obasanjo from the PDP, to us, is a welcome development and should be instructive enough to other card carrying members of the PDP to start shredding their own membership cards too! They are just wasting this great country’s time and theirs too! The truth is that the PDP has no solution to the problems facing us as a nation. In fact, they are wasting our time too! It took Obasanjo such a long time to realise this. But I am happy he has come to the point of realisation.

What is the implication of Obasanjo shredding his membership openly?
It means PDP is ruined. Being the god father of the party and he left the party, should there be any reason for any reasonable member of the party to remain there? What I expect is that other members of the party should start tearing their cards and getting out of the party. The roof is falling on the house and whoever wants to be saved should get out before the roof crashes on their heads.

Do you see this move by Obasanjo as a form of endorsement of the APC?
The APC is a movement. Whoever can read the hand writing on the wall, will realise that Nigerians have seized the opportunity. APC is out of pilot, Nigerians are driving it themselves. They see it as an instrument of change that they desire. Whether the PDP sees it or not is left to them. Change is imminent and APC is fully prepared to bring about the desired change the people are clamouring for.

Amid the claim of lopsided distribution of the permanent voter cards (PVC) by the PDP presidential campaign spokesman,Fani-Kayode, are you optimistic of the general elections holding on the rescheduled dates?
We in the APC campaign group don’t have time to discuss Fani-Kayode. We are particular about issues affecting Nigerians. APC didn’t appoint the INEC boss, or his commissioners. It is the PDP-led administration that appointed them. Why are they having problem with them? It is because they don’t want an election that is free, fair and credible?

Are they not putting themselves to ridicule by attacking INEC! As a government that appointed INEC in the first place, coming to take on them in the manner they are doing is laughable! It shows that they don’t even know what they are looking for and what they want for this country. Otherwise, why would they put a commission together and then you begin to fight it?

Why did you put them there in the first instance? If you deliberately ruin INEC, you destroy its responsibility. How do you ensure the integrity and that of the election they will hold? We are only hopeful the election will hold on March 28. The government, as our presidential candidate said, has played its last card. Under the Constitution, they cannot stretch the election beyond that date. It must hold on that date, unless they want to overthrow the Constitution and institute a dictatorship.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/the-implication-of-obasanjos-departure-from-the-pdp-buhari-campaign-group/
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2015
Okay
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by shakol91(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2015
For those that are taking Fayose's statements serious. You need to listen to the program "meet your governor" which was anchored by Mrs Yemi Osuntokun on 18/2/2015 in EKTV studio. Fayose's quotes " the government has been spending a lot of money to buy diesel to power generator for streetlight ( street light that was built by another governor is difficult for him to power),we have spent a lot of money to buy alum for Dams to use cheesy the government is only capable to give 25k and 50k loans and you need to pay 2k and 4K back respectively every months cheesy (what kind of loan is this). The present government is working hard to pay the previous administration debt and I want Ekitis to know that the debt will be fully paid 2years after the completion of my tenure cheesy (day light robbery) I've rescued Ekiti from debt both in 2003 and I'm doing it now,if it were to be the time the bible was written,my name will be on a Chapter in the bible cheesycheesycheesy joke of the century. Now the government has no money and people should know if the government is broke,the state is broke cheesy meaning ? . Guys you need to see Fayose in this video, once I'm able to get the audio or video,I'll post the link here for you to download. It's a nice comedy show
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Caseless: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2015
If you think PDP has done so well in the last 16 years to remain the ruling party and also think GEJ has done well in the last 6 years to deserve another term in office, then may God tear your membership card like OBJ did to his card.

4 Likes

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DesChyko: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2015
A bird that flies off the ground and lands on a mound is still on the earth.
I don't do parties, what I do is brains and personality.
Between Buhari and Jonathan, we know who's got the bests of both.
And that man gets my vote.. Intelligence over Brute.. Ph.D over Nothing!

In other news,,
Question: Wey the certificate, Bros?

Answer: I hab not pound it. But the fiful said even if I hab nefa receit they will still bote por me so I vrought the receit.

Reaction 1: You for bring your hospital bill come. Chai, see bad market.

Reaction 2: O ma se oo.. I told Asiwaju oo gringringrin

1 Like

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Caseless: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:
you'll sure vote for GMB.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DesChyko: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2015
Caseless:
you'll sure vote for GMB.
Goodluck with thatgrin

1 Like

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DaBullIT(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2015
Eeyah, and I thought Jonathan still had a chance
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Caseless: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Goodluck GMB with thatgrin
grin
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by LRNZH(m): 9:50am On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Lol to a phantom PhD that te thesis can not be found anywhere in Uniport. GEJ's utterances and antecedents have been below par for a PhD holder.

Anyway since you claim to focus on personalities, below is a scorecard of GEJ:

LRNZH:

[b] We are not supposed to be broke to the point of devaluing the Naira immediately oil price went south.
Corruption and not Boko Haram is the problem.
The $1Billion borrowed to fight insecurity is nothing compared to what is being stolen annually in Nigeria. We estimate between 10 and 15 Billion US Dollars is stolen every year in Nigeria public sector.

Take a look at this statistics:

OBJ (2007 Ave.)
Reserves: $53 billion
National Debt: $17Billion (12% of GDP)
Oil Price: $64/barrel

Yar'adua (2009 Ave.)
Reserves: $42 billion
National Debt: $21Billion (11.6% of GDP)
Oil Price: $53/barrel

GEJ (2014 Ave.)
Reserves: $38 Billion
National Debt: $49Billion (18.5% of GDP)
Oil Price: $89/barrel

Oil Price Chart: www.nairaland.com/attachments/2006543_2015010806_09_56_jpeg2ff3fed32640f68a143f27ad54c27917

With the best oil price regime sustained over a long period, GEJ's govt cannot claim to have performed better that Yar'adua or OBJ. Nigeria may never get the sustained high oil price oppprtunity we got under GEJ.
But under GEJ, no improvement in Power, worsening Security, No Refineries, Oil bunkering of 400,000 barrels per day.

Again, who is fooling who? GEJ has the worst stewardship of the past 3 PDP Presidents.
[/b]

References-
Reserves: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2007-2012-movement-in-foreign-reserves-account/138991/
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/external-reserves-shed-11-45b-one-year/

World Debts: http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock?page=8

Oil Price: http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Historical_Oil_Prices_Table.asp
Chart- http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil.aspx?timeframe=10y

Did you read 400,000 barrels of crude oil is stolen daily by oil bunkerers? Tompolo is supposed to be protecting Nigeria from these bunkerers. Tompolo has bought private jet, warships while Asari's building a university in Benin Republic.
400,000 barrels per day at 80 per barrel is about $10 Billion stolen annually.

This is the real issue. Is this the personality you want us to vote for?

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DesChyko: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2015
LRNZH:

Lol to a phantom PhD that te thesis can not be found anywhere in Uniport. GEJ's utterances and antecedents have been below par for a PhD holder.

Anyway since you claim to focus on personalities, below is a scorecard of GEJ:

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

Dude.. What's up with this 'copy and paste' information APC distributed to you fanatics to use in filling up the screens of the likes of me? Come on, you sound intelligent. Give me something substantial from your memory, not something stashed up since time immemorial for 'copy and paste' purposes. You seem to have been looking for an avenue to use Ctrl V on this site? No?

1 Like

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2015
There's something you Buhari apologists are failing to understand. Jonathan would still be your president till 2019. If you guys don't like it then you can go and die!!!

If una like make una draw any graph, make una talk say na Jonathan time oil prices high ooo, anything una wan talk make una talk. Infact, if una even show me video where Jonathan dip e hand dey thief money from the national coffers, i go still vote for am and e go still win.

We must retire Buhari, Tinubu, Obasanjo and Babangida from Nigeria politics. Una never see anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by LRNZH(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Dude.. What's up with this 'copy and paste' information APC distributed to you fanatics to use in filling up the screens of the likes of me? Come on, you sound intelligent. Give me something substantial from your memory, not something stashed up since time immemorial for 'copy and paste' purposes. You seem to have been looking for an avenue to use Ctrl V on this site? No?

Dude. It is my analysis through and through hence I haev posted links to my reference material. Where is it that I cannot use the materials I have put together freely again or what law stipulates that it is an offence?

I suspect the gravity of the facts in that short GEJ failure sheet troubles you greatly hence the irrelevant retort.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2015

The APC is a movement. Whoever can read the hand writing on the wall, will realise that Nigerians have seized the opportunity. APC is out of pilot, Nigerians are driving it themselves. They see it as an instrument of change that they desire. Whether the PDP sees it or not is left to them. Change is imminent and APC is fully prepared to bring about the desired change the people are clamouring for.

This essentially is the force behind APC........the desire to change course from this present PDP rudderless governance....that after 5 years have nothing to campaign with but that of calumny...character assassination.....mudslinging and hate propangda.

Thank goodness Nigerians are wiser now...courtesy of realtime information that the Internet offers.

PDP will be used as the scapegoat...that Nigerians with their PVC can change any governemnt they don't like.

They've postponed the election....but they have not kill our desire to get rid of PDP

3 Likes

Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DesChyko: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2015
LRNZH:

Dude. It is my analysis through and through hence I haev posted links to my reference material. Where is it that I cannot use the materials I have put together freely again or what law stipulates that it is an offence?

I suspect the gravity of the facts in that short GEJ failure sheet troubles you greatly hence the irrelevant retort.

Not surprising you missed the headword of my post, resorting to defence instead, typical of the lot. Give me something here and now, I beg of you, not some pre-programmed offence tactics.
The only thing that really troubles me is 'some' Nigerians willingness to plunge us back into darkness. Well, as long as it doesn't affect my daily bread, it's essentially their cup of tea.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by LRNZH(m): 10:28am On Feb 22, 2015
DesChyko:

Not surprising you missed the headword of my post, resorting to defence instead, typical of the lot. Give me something here and now, I beg of you, not some pre-programmed offence tactics.
The only thing that really troubles me is 'some' Nigerians willingness to plunge us back into darkness. Well, as long as it doesn't affect my daily bread, it's essentially their cup of tea.

I am responding to you out of the default benefit of doubt that you are reasonable. Nothing changes the relevance of the issues raised in that material.
By your posturing, I should remind you of why GEJ is a poor economic manger and leader....
What is the Naira exchange rate today? Our national debt of $70Billion and still growing doesn't worry you?

That militants like Tompolo, Asari, Ateke, Boyloaf etc are the richest Niger Deltans today from unprecedented bunkering while the average SS person is still wallowing in poverty should shame you already. Did you notice that refineries promised since January 2012 are a pipe dream and will remain so under GEJ? Lool do you even have electric power as we speak?

Please stop deflecting us from the issues at hand because I won't issue you any subsequent response if you remain in this mode.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by AmucheJane(f): 10:35am On Feb 22, 2015
1LRNZH:
Against the backdrop of the drama acted by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the course of quitting PDP, Malam Garba Shehu, the Director of Communications of the APC presidential campaign, in an encounter, enjoined other members to leave the PDP and openly shred their membership cards.

How do you describe the alleged moves by the ruling party, PDP, to disorganise the APC ahead of the postponed elections?
PDP leaders know they are losing this election, they have seen the handwriting on the wall.

How do you mean?
We are aware that they commissioned opinion polls conducted by some outfits domiciled in Israel, UK, US and even Nigeria and the verdict shows they are losing the election. So it is very clear that they just want to hold us down. They decided to employ all antics to hold and slow us down, so that they can do a catch up. Basically, that is their trick and Nigerians fully understand it and that is what is playing out presently.

We learnt that armed security agents besieged your residence recently as well as that of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. How do you take that?
Well, is it intended to distract and intimidate our party leaders. The PDP does not want anyone to discuss corruption, the economic degradation and the unspeakable foul play in the NNPC. Neither do they want anybody to discuss the insecurity in Nigeria. If you observe very well, anytime they talk about insecurity in Nigeria, they tend to generalise it as a global phenomenon. What they want is to take away our minds, from these critical issues, to inconsequential issues.

They have been on it since. They started with inconsequential age of Gen. Buhari, later they called him (Buhari) a religious bigot, they later turned into the inconsequential certificate issue; they also went too far to discuss the health of Gen. Buhari; now they are using armed security agents to intimidate our leaders. We know their tricks. It won’t change anything. Nigerians are simply sick and tired of this government. That is the truth.

They are tired of unemployment, their acclaimed fastest growing economy that has no effect on the lives of average Nigerians and in a tailspin. Nigerians are tired of a government that has made corruption a culture and a government that cannot protect lives and property.
We must continue to talk about them even when they surround our homes and roads with armed security agents.

There have been reactions on why former President Olusegun Obasanjo left the PDP, openly shredding his membership card. What, in your view, does this portend in the political landscape?
The departure of Obasanjo from the PDP, to us, is a welcome development and should be instructive enough to other card carrying members of the PDP to start shredding their own membership cards too! They are just wasting this great country’s time and theirs too! The truth is that the PDP has no solution to the problems facing us as a nation. In fact, they are wasting our time too! It took Obasanjo such a long time to realise this. But I am happy he has come to the point of realisation.

What is the implication of Obasanjo shredding his membership openly?
It means PDP is ruined. Being the god father of the party and he left the party, should there be any reason for any reasonable member of the party to remain there? What I expect is that other members of the party should start tearing their cards and getting out of the party. The roof is falling on the house and whoever wants to be saved should get out before the roof crashes on their heads.

Do you see this move by Obasanjo as a form of endorsement of the APC?

Amid the claim of lopsided distribution of the permanent voter cards (PVC) by the PDP presidential campaign spokesman,Fani-Kayode, are you optimistic of the general elections holding on the rescheduled dates?
We in the APC campaign group don’t have time to discuss Fani-Kayode. We are particular about issues affecting Nigerians. APC didn’t appoint the INEC boss, or his commissioners. It is the PDP-led administration that appointed them. Why are they having problem with them? It is because they don’t want an election that is free, fair and credible?

Are they not putting themselves to ridicule by attacking INEC! As a government that appointed INEC in the first place, coming to take on them in the manner they are doing is laughable! It shows that they don’t even know what they are looking for and what they want for this country. Otherwise, why would they put a commission together and then you begin to fight it?

Why did you put them there in the first instance? If you deliberately ruin INEC, you destroy its responsibility. How do you ensure the integrity and that of the election they will hold? We are only hopeful the election will hold on March 28. The government, as our presidential candidate said, has played its last card. Under the Constitution, they cannot stretch the election beyond that date. It must hold on that date, unless they want to overthrow the Constitution and institute a dictatorship.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/the-implication-of-obasanjos-departure-from-the-pdp-buhari-campaign-group/
It will surprise you people when Jonathan will win, some of you people will die of heart attack. Nonsense writeup, mcheeeeeeeeeeew. GEJ till 2019.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by san316(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2015
As OBJ leaves PDP, GEJ will contunu begging him to save him from defeat.

GEJ, fool at over 50
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by DesChyko: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2015
LRNZH:

1. What is the Naira exchange rate today?
What is your opinion on why it is high today? I'm interested in knowing because I'ld love to assess your knowledge on devaluation and principles behind the strengthening and weakening currencies.

2. Our national debt of $70Billion and still growing doesn't worry you?
Let it make it clear that I don't believe anyone is proud of the nation's debt. I am quite surprised at your references. I believe the Ministry of Finance would know better about the state of the country's finances, but no, you choose to believe the data of people against the government which is over $20 million below the figure you quoted last time it was assessed. The 53% salary increase of civil servants under GEJ's watch, where were you expecting the money to be realised from if you understand the implication? Former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan once said: “Information and knowledge are central to democracy – and they are the conditions for development.”
3. That militants like Tompolo, Asari, Ateke, Boyloaf etc are the richest Niger Deltans today from unprecedented bunkering..
So is every high profile politician from incessant looting of the nation's treasury and even the average man from black-deals. I'm not party to any of their criminal deals, but filtering the thieves hiding under the APC umbrella from those behind your enemy (President Jonathan) is a deeply biased myopic conceited disgusting modus operandi which hardly puts your opinion in very bad light, hardly a scenario to draw premiss from.

while the average SS person is still wallowing in poverty should shame you already.

Shame Me?? In spite of the economic hardships that started from time immemorial, the country is facing, I still try to rise and stand on my feet and you think I should be ashamed? Sort your priotities man, you and other shallow-thinking individuals. The question is 'What are you doing to better Nigeria today in your position other than sit behind keypads to point accusing fingers'?

Did you notice that refineries promised since January 2012 are a pipe dream and will remain so under GEJ?
So was the Boko Haram menace a pipedream until the past few weeks. Only the patient reap goods. It will remain so if only you and other impatient 'Sow-today-reap-tomorrow' Nigerians succeed in ousting him and installing 'Jesus' as president. It is crazy that you, representing the lot would complain about this, when the attempt to completely remove fuel subsidies would have brought us some distance by now. But No! Nigerians rebuffed the idea which would have made our country a perfect playground for investors in refineries. We've had four successive governments before now. But it's cute if the only president who actually wished to take the opinions of the people into consideration takes the entire blame.

Lool do you even have electric power as we speak?
Had electric power supply all through the night till the early hours of the morning. And I confidently say (Check my posts from months ago) that the condition of power supply has considerably improved as I can now count on power supply everyday except when something goes wrong with our power lines. I won't say it's the best yet, but it's better than nothing.

Please stop deflecting us from the issues at hand because I won't issue you any subsequent response if you remain in this mode.
Your response is insignificant. Waking up to reality is. No amount of hate can blind a progressive from seeing the changes in our country. I won't defend any politician, they are typical thieves, the whole lot. And the real enemy is the foundation of the civilian government, which until it is reformed, even Saint Buhari would crumble under pressure.

Meanwhile, I look forward to your take on the two questions I put forward first. I need to be familiar with your thoughts' plane.
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by egift(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: THE IMPLICATION Of Obasanjo’s Departure From The PDP – Buhari Campaign Group by Jibabs2(m): 11:21am On Feb 22, 2015
[quote
author=Caseless post=30967215]If you think PDP has done so well in
the last 16 years to remain the ruling party and also think GEJ has done
well in the last 6 years to deserve another term in office, then may
God tear your membership card like OBJ did to his card.
[/quote] A........men

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Elders Fraudulent Endorsement / Results From My Unit....nnpc Quarters, Kaduna / Buhari's Victory - Implication On Ghana's Psyche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.