Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? (620 Views)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by DaZion(m): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
I do always ask myself as a lover of christ that would a christian be faithful and loyal to God without committing a sin(lying) in this world...
Many of christian nowadays do commit sin like lying..

So brethren, can a christian be faithful to God without committing a sin(Lying)?
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by Beamborla(f): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
No!
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by torchwave: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
The problem lies in your definition of faithfulness. It is in contrast with God's.

Faithfulness does not imply a state of perfection. Such a state of existence in this flesh is utterly impossible. As long as we still dwell in a corruptible flesh, we'll always have problems with the flesh.

Abraham was counted faithful, yet it is no news that he lied on two occasions to save his skin. Peter denied Christ three times in one night. David, in addition to commiting adultery with Bathsheba, plotted the death of Bathsheba's husband...yet they were counted faithful.

Faithfulness means continuing in your walk with God even if you fall along the way. It means not letting your human nature keep you from following God everyday. Sin we must but continuing in that sin is what makes the difference in our faithfulness to God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by Vision4God: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Very possible. Seek ye first d kingdom of God & his righteousnesd
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by DanceVille: 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by jdilight(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
DaZion:
I do always ask myself as a lover of christ that would a christian be faithful and loyal to God without committing a sin(lying) in this world...
Many of christian nowadays do commit sin like lying..

So brethren, can a christian be faithful to God without committing a sin(Lying)?

Yes.

Ecc 10:15 explains the problem of many Christians. They know there is a city, but don't know how to get there.

Living right is very simple and easy, if you know how.
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Yes
Re: Can A Christian Be Faithful To God Without Committing Sin (lying) In This World? by An2elect2(f): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2015
2Timothy 2:13: "If we are faithless he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself."

This verse always give me great comfort when i stray.

The reason we continue on the path of righteousness and holiness is because God is faithful!

"we" will all be lost if our standing right with God depends on how faithful we are!

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Prayer And Worship / The Church Is The Woman / In The Church: Caption This Picture Of Gov Isiaku Dickson Of Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.