Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Faulty Ps3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Faulty Ps3 (1881 Views)

Faulty Psp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
My ps3 doesn't read cds again, what can i do or where can i take it to for repairs # thanks
Re: Faulty Ps3 by ikeno(m): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
The lens could be faulty or need to be service.
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
ikeno:
The lens could be faulty or need to be service.
Pls do you know where i can service it in lagos
Re: Faulty Ps3 by ikeno(m): 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sammyblake:
Pls do you know where i can service it in lagos
sorry am at at abuja.
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
ikeno:

sorry am at at abuja.
oh ok thanks anyway
Re: Faulty Ps3 by cao(f): 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
I've explained this before in another thread. It's either your BR lens is faulty or it's a software issue (i.e corrupt). I've got the same issue with my PS3 for over 6 months maybe even a year, it's still going strong. I'll just quote myself.

cao:

Not a clue, but the thing is if it's a software problem, then you would have wasted all your money for naught. If it's the corrupt boot file, then enter the safe mode and select Restore File System. Be sure you choose this option, it won't delete your saves, files, playlists etc. This link will show you how to enter safe mode.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

I just realised I never asked which model of PS3 you're using.

One of the other ways I use is to clean my BR lens with a BR lens cleaner. And another is to play a downloaded game (a demo also works), then inserting the BR into the PS3 and then pressing the PS button - the disc icon will then pop up in the necessary area (under video for films, under games for games). One other thing I've also found is, if I leave my disc in the PS3 and then it shuts down, I've to sort out the nonsense all over again.

If it's the hardware problem, I know I should have the link saved somewhere.

The last time I had this issue, I used my BR lens cleaner three times in a row before it started working again.
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
cao:
I've explained this before in another thread. It's either your BR lens is faulty or it's a software issue (i.e corrupt). I've got the same issue with my PS3 for over 6 months maybe even a year, it's still going strong. I'll just quote myself.

The last time I had this issue, I used my BR lens cleaner three times in a row before it started working again.
how much is a br lens cleaner cuz i don't have one, I've tried all the options on safe mode, it didn't work
Re: Faulty Ps3 by cao(f): 12:30am On Feb 23, 2015
Sammyblake:
how much is a br lens cleaner cuz i don't have one, I've tried all the options on safe mode, it didn't work
I've no idea on Naija prices, I got mine from eBay, I think I spent £7, although I've now seen the same thing for £2.99 - Maxell Pro Blu-Ray Cleaner. It was the one I kept seeing while I was searching for solutions at the time.

The thing is when this usually happens to me, it can either be sorted in 5 minutes or 2 hours...I can be one patient individual...
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 23, 2015
cao:

I've no idea on Naija prices, I got mine from eBay, I think I spent £7, although I've now seen the same thing for £2.99 - Maxell Pro Blu-Ray Cleaner. It was the one I kept seeing while I was searching for solutions at the time.

The thing is when this usually happens to me, it can either be sorted in 5 minutes or 2 hours...I can be one patient individual...
ok apart from the br lens cleaner, what others option do i have, i need this game working as soon as possible, it's hard to survive without playing games
Re: Faulty Ps3 by cao(f): 1:07am On Feb 23, 2015
Sammyblake:
ok apart from the br lens cleaner, what others option do i have, i need this game working as soon as possible, it's hard to survive without playing games

I mentioned another option earlier - play a downloaded game/demo and insert BR (you don't necessarily have to be in-game, the front end menu would do), then press the PS button...the disc icon should hopefully pop up. The thing is if it's a software issue, you could still have the problem after you've replaced the hardware. You could still keep trying the Restore File System option and this option, unless if it has given you the official error message, then just move onto a new BR lens.

In my case, I've taken to not switching off my PS3. Whenever I do switch it off, I make sure there's no disc in it, since whenever I turn it on with a disc left inside it makes the annoying ejecting noise, then I've to sort the whole thing out again. This wahala started one glorious day when they were sorting out the fusebox/electrics in my house, they kept randomly switching it on and off without telling me, apparently the PS3 didn't like it.
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 23, 2015
cao:

I mentioned another option earlier - play a downloaded game/demo and insert BR (you don't necessarily have to be in-game, the front end menu would do), then press the PS button...the disc icon should hopefully pop up. The thing is if it's a software issue, you could still have the problem after you've replaced the hardware. You could still keep trying the Restore File System option and this option, unless if it has given you the official error message, then just move onto a new BR lens.

In my case, I've taken to not switching off my PS3. Whenever I do switch it off, I make sure there's no disc in it, since whenever I turn it on with a disc left inside it makes the annoying ejecting noise, then I've to sort the whole thing out again. This wahala started one glorious day when they were sorting out the fusebox/electrics in my house, they kept randomly switching it on and off without telling me, apparently the PS3 didn't like it.
sorry bt how do I play downloaded games cuz according to what i heard, i was told that i would have to cheap the game to be able to play downloaded games
Re: Faulty Ps3 by cao(f): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Sammyblake:
sorry bt how do I play downloaded games cuz according to what i heard, i was told that i would have to cheap the game to be able to play downloaded games
I meant legal ones from PSN.
Re: Faulty Ps3 by Teeneyo(m): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
My ps3 got burnt due to power issues...any help on dat.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month Gamers / Fifa19 Pc Black Pitch Issues Anybody?? / Five Years of no glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.