Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

I Think Its Too Much-mou - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Think Its Too Much-mou (519 Views)

UEFA: Mou In, Guardiola Out, Pep Can Not Fit In, In Our Top Ten Best Coach Ever / The Mystery Of Mourinho's Lack Of Manager Of The Month Awards. IS FA Beefin MOU? / Dream Team What? : Don’t You Think Its Time NFF Rename This Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Its Too Much-mou by zomoears(m): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho insists that his players "are not getting the respect they deserve" from referees and has criticised Burnley's Ashley Barnes for a dangerous challenge, which saw Nemanja Matic sent off for his reaction.

After his side's 1-1 draw with the Clarets on Saturday, the Portuguese was incensed at what he felt were four major incidents which saw the visitors unpunished and his side hindered.

Matic was sent off for pushing Barnes after the two collided, with the Burnley player's studs ending up in the side of his opponent's leg.

Speaking to Sky Sports' 'Goals on Sunday', Mourinho claimed to be at a loss for words at the severity of Barnes's challenge.

"I know football is football but I think it's too much," he said of his argument that too many decisions go against his side. "I think my players don't deserve that. At Southampton, the penalty, against Tottenham with Jan Vertonghen, against Liverpool...

"I don't have the adjective for Barnes. This is a career-ending tackle. Matic is a lucky guy. I cannot find the word to describe what that player did. Football is about emotions and clearly Matic had a reason to lose his emotions.

"What are the consequences of the Matic push for the other player? Nothing. The consequence for Matic could be end of career. When probably they are going to give a three match suspension to Matic, you tell me how many matches Barnes deserves."

Mourinho has previously been sanctioned by the Football Association for speaking out about a "campaign" against his team but he is adamant that he has behaved objectively.

"It is what it is and I think, if you go over the line in your comments, it's understandable to be punished but, if you say what is obvious without attacking people, I think it shouldn't be a problem," he continued.

"So to say that, at half-time, Burnley should be playing with 10 men and Chelsea should have two penalties – and normally you win 3-0. The reality is that, in the end, you’re at 10 men and you’ve lost a point. I can't imagine that the four incidents were open to interpretation.

"The best players in the world, they can make mistakes. This gentleman is one of the top referees in this country, in European football, he can also make mistakes.

"You want consistency but in the right way. It's like the lawyer who lost 15 out of 15 cases - you don't want this lawyer.

"I'm always positive. I'm not attacking the honesty, the dignity of anyone. I'm not trying to – you love to say this sentence in this country – bringing the game into disrepute. That's what they always say when they punish me."
From the web

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/9170482?ICID=HP[email][/email]
Re: I Think Its Too Much-mou by seankafor(m): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
This is what is called a good coach. Backing his players despite any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: I Think Its Too Much-mou by zomoears(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
seankafor:
This is what is called a good coach. Backing his players despite any circumstance.

And his choice of words today was diplomatic. Chosing to put the FA n referees in d spotlight is a correct PR move.

Now let's see how d FA responds to this.
Re: I Think Its Too Much-mou by pabloaimar(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Barnes tackle on Matic is similar to that Ivanovic did to Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez earlier this season that spark a brawl between coaches Wenger & Mourinho, so why complaining if now u are at the received end? Live with it, that's what i have to say.
Re: I Think Its Too Much-mou by beinstein(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
pabloaimar:
Barnes tackle on Matic is similar to that Ivanovic did to Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez earlier this season that spark a brawl between coaches Wenger & Mourinho, so why complaining if now u are at the received end? Live with it, that's what i have to say.
but in your analysis you didn't talk about the tackle which earned Costa suspension , which in my opinion is similar to that of Barnes. meanwhile Aguero and Van Persie got away with far more reckless tackles. like Graham Poll said, maybe the referee was tired after he officiated schalk 04 vs real Madrid champions league clash .

(1) (Reply)

Clemens Westerhof : The Man For The Super Eagles Job. / How Do I Tell if a Football is original / Myusabuy4us Help You Shop Smart In U.S.A While Just Pay In Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.