Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan (2047 Views)

Photos From The Première Of Kunle Afolayan's 'the CEO' In Lagos / "The CEO": Kunle Afolayan Wraps Up The Production In Nairobi Kenya (photos) / Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by iwaeda: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Film-maker and producer, Kunle Afolayan has revealed that his movie ‘October 1st’ has grossed over N100million in Nigeria alone. The eccentric actor who is popular for movies like ‘Phone Swap’ and ‘Figurine’ also disclosed he has been able to avoid scandals so as not to destroy his relationship with investors. Kunle who made the disclosure while speaking with the NET also revealed he is working on a TV series and a new movie which will start shooting in April. Read excerpts of the interview below.. 30 Days in Atlanta recently broke Ije’s long-standing highest-earning box office record and October 1 follows closely behind at number four. Do you see your movie overtaking 30 Days in Atlanta in the near future? For me, it’s really not about just one platform. The Nigerian cinema box office is one platform, but there are so many other platforms around the world. There are some films that will do well in this territory but would not do well in other territories. I make films that will do well in any and every territory. Because of the genre and length of my films, most times, they don’t get high slots in cinemas as compared to other films that aren’t that lengthy. And most times, my films are rated 18 and above, which makes them unsuitable for viewing by minors and that also reduces the potential of your box office returns. But like I said, I make films for the international audience. What we have made from October 1 in Nigeria so far is more than N100m, but it is not just from cinema box office. We did private screenings, and we’ve done screenings on other platforms. There is really no competition. 30 Days in Atlanta is a highly commercial film and I’m glad that it has done so well in the cinemas as this will give a lot of people encouragement to do similar projects. How have you been able to keep yourself from scandals and controversies in your remarkable career? Scandals are a part of what we do as thespians, especially when one is just starting. Quite a number of negative things have been reported about me too in the past. For you to report anything about anybody you need to have your facts right, and I have been pretty transparent in all I do of late. I’m not saying I’m a saint, but I’m saying that in the past couple of years it’s been all about my works which everyone can see.

Brands will run away from anybody with a lot of scandals to their name, but every project that I have done, even from Irapada, have always had brand involvement. So, I think it’s because I’m plain and I just do my thing. Of course, there are still many bad belle people out there. But these days, you can’t hoard news because of the advent of social media, which makes it impossible for you to bribe one person not to release information about you. I won’t say I’ve been perfect, but I’ll just say that I believe more people love me than those who hate me. I understand October 1 was placed on DSTV box office immediately after its release. How well has it done there since? I don’t have the figures yet, but someone told me recently that it has done better than all the films they have ever put on box office – both local and foreign. In terms of figures, I don’t know how much that has translated to, but that’s what I’ve been told. Can you please tell us about the project you’re working on presently? I’ve never really mentioned these details to anybody before now. The script of the film was originally set in Seychelles, but I decided to adapt it to Nigeria. It was my brief, but was written by Tunde Babalola. It’s going to be a Pan-African film as we’re having cast from Kenya, Ghana, and South Africa. We’re also having people from China and India as well, and it is going to be shot here. The film is based on a beach resort, so we’re trying to get a resort we can partner with on this project and of course; they’re going to get good mileage. We hope to shoot in April; we’ve started pre-production already, and it’s going to be released this year. I have another big project I’m working on presently too in partnership with the Law School, Lagos. We’re going to be shooting a series using real Nigerian cases, and I am so excited about this project too. It’s going to be major, and I don’t think it’s something anybody has ever seen before in terms of producing a TV series. Those are the two major projects we’re working on right now. Do you have titles for the projects at the moment? Yes, I do. The working title for the film is The CEO, and for now, the series is titled Eko Law.

http://www.radar.ng/gist/ive-made-n100million-from-october-1st-in-nigeria-alone-kunle-afolayan/

Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by iwaeda: 12:01am On Feb 23, 2015
Someone go tell me Money no dey Niaja;I beg Kunle make I send me your account; I be your lost bro..........
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by kelvine(m): 12:10am On Feb 23, 2015
Just wondering how much this humungous camera would cost. Can someone help ? I am happy for him.
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by bauer00: 12:18am On Feb 23, 2015
I Thank God for him o o o ...my success story also must be told by God's grace i
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by shogz89: 1:20am On Feb 23, 2015
I just love when people have zeal and determination to succed
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by shegsrules(m): 1:50am On Feb 23, 2015
Wonderful director
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 23, 2015
Him dey shout now ...when kidnappers go kidnap am he go begin cry

nice one .
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by iwaeda: 8:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Alexpissu:
Him dey shout now ...when kidnappers go kidnap am he go begin cry

nice one .
Why your mind is on that; one is free to celebrate success; you need to ask how much it cost to shoot the film first.
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by iwaeda: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2015
I want to enjoy Kunle to learn from his dad to save for the raining days and lot to maryy many women oh
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
iwaeda:

Why your mind is on that; one is free to celebrate success; you need to ask how much it cost to shoot the film first.

I don’t insult people, I just compliment them negatively.Hmmm, with a username like "iweada" am not surprised if you don't see the humor in my post .
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by kelvine(m): 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Someone please post the link, I want to download and watch later. After all the producer has made his money.
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by homesteady(m): 6:19am On Mar 08, 2015
kelvine:
Someone please post the link, I want to download and watch later. After all the producer has made his money.

undecided undecided
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by homesteady(m): 6:21am On Mar 08, 2015
he talked about the CEO movie project yesterday!
I'm can't just wait for the release!
Re: I’ve Made N100million From “october 1st” In Nigeria Alone – Kunle Afolayan by 5p1naz(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Currently working on my movie. .. joining you soon... profile...

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming MARVEL Movies To Watch Out For. / Download New Tvseries: American Vandal Season 01 Episode 01 To Episode 08 / My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.