Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election (1543 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting / Buhari, APC Boycott Election Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 12:05am On Feb 23, 2015
The Biafra Zionists Federation (BZF) on Sunday called on Ndigbo to boycott the general elections scheduled for March 28 and April 11, 2015.

BZF said its call became necessary in lieu of the refusal of a Federal High Court sitting in Enugu to grant bail to 11 pro-Biafra activists, who are standing trial for treason.

Speaking with journalists in Enugu, the National Chairman of BZF, Comrade Cyril Onyia said any harm done to the detained BZF members was harm on Ndigbo in general.

He, therefore, called on the entire people of South-East not to participate in the election as a show of solidarity to the detained activists.

“They have been in prison custody not because they are pursuing a selfish course but for the singular reason that they are demanding the liberation of Ndigbo.

“To this end, we urge all worthy Igbo sons and daughters not to participate in the forth-coming elections. This is the only honour they should do to these great patriots” Onyia said.

Faulting the reasons given by the court to deny the BZF detainees bail, Onyia noted: “it is indeed very surprising that the court refused them bail on the grounds that they may cause security breach within this period because the BZF does not believe in violence, neither does it associate with any violent group.

“We can never disrupt any election, even though we shall abstain from voting”.

“So, we are calling on the Federal Government to urgently intervene and see that these harmless freedom fighters are released.

“In our fight for freedom, we have never and will never take up arms against the State. Everything we are doing is within the ambit of all international laws and treaties”, Onyia said.

He called on the Amnesty International and the United Nations to urgently intervene into what he called ‘the use of Federal might and power against lawful Biafrans’.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/biafra-group-calls-ndigbo-boycott-election/
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by ellechrystal(f): 12:08am On Feb 23, 2015
Refusing to vote? This man can't decide for all d of them na..

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by sunkanmivaughan: 12:12am On Feb 23, 2015
If these goes through, the president' s support base for votes in the presidential election on 28 March is finished.
The presidency should quickly condemn this call sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 12:12am On Feb 23, 2015
ellechrystal:
Refusing to vote? This man can't decide for all d of them na..
if den like, make den no vote sef..GEJ will be experiencing the greatest defeat in the history of elections worldwide. This is because the igbo pple are the only hope he z got now to come 2nd in the forthcoming election.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 12:16am On Feb 23, 2015
sunkanmivaughan:
If these goes through, the president' s support base for votes in the presidential election on 28 March is finished.
The presidency should quickly condemn this call sharp sharp.
lool..the way things are going, it seems the president won't even come second in the forth-coming election. No go surprise if KOWA party presidential candidate flog GEJ for this election o.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by kestolove95(m): 12:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Gv igbo man money..he will vote against his father...stop wasting ur tym Mr Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by Samiceman: 12:24am On Feb 23, 2015
Hahaha confusion don enter them

Make them no vote sef... Na molue GEJ go use carry him load go Otueke

Sai Buhari/Osinbanjo

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 12:25am On Feb 23, 2015
kestolove95:
If igbo man money..he will vote against his father...stop wasting ur tym Mr Biafra
LWTMBD..

abeg no tear my belle with laff....

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by omenka(m): 1:07am On Feb 23, 2015
President Jonathan would wanna see this man hanged by the balls. grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by MayorofLagos(m): 1:27am On Feb 23, 2015
In case you are wondering who they are talking about....

Bunch of spineless failures, impotent warriors, midgets that failed in their attempt to take over a broadcasting station in their scheme to seize government in Iboland.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by khassy(m): 2:49am On Feb 23, 2015
pls what is this one saying
in other news
GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by Nobody: 2:51am On Feb 23, 2015
Nonsense

More like Buhari group!
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by Creamz(m): 3:03am On Feb 23, 2015
They just want to be heard like how Governor Fayose wants to be heard everyday in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by wemmieslim(f): 3:21am On Feb 23, 2015
Mtcheeeww!
The Igbo's that I know?
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 5:27am On Feb 23, 2015
MayorofLagos:
In case you are wondering who they are talking about....

Bunch of spineless failures, impotent warriors, midgets that failed in their attempt to take over a broadcasting station in their scheme to seize government in Iboland.
yEeeeepaaa! Na dis pple you wan make I release?

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by jorlons(m): 5:33am On Feb 23, 2015
ok
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by clevvermind(m): 5:35am On Feb 23, 2015
the igbos should not listen to this nonsense. they should come out and vote massively for Jonathan.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by ckmayoca: 5:42am On Feb 23, 2015
kestolove95:
Gv igbo man money..he will vote against his father...stop wasting ur tym Mr Biafra

Correct shot! But give yoruba person 24 cups of rice he will surely deny his helper and vote his enemy.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 5:43am On Feb 23, 2015
clevvermind:
the igbos should not listen to this nonsense. they should come out and vote massively for Jonathan.
Mr clevvermind, fear don dey grab you? I think say una say jona get hope pass den igbo for naija. Una neva see anything. You guyz (TANoids) will die 500 times b4 elections , after which you ll be dying finallygrin grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by stinggy(m): 5:43am On Feb 23, 2015
Good news not every Igbo believes in this silly biafra/Biafra thing, at least the ones I know don't believe in it.

But for some frustrated oldies living in self-imposed delusion.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by ckmayoca: 5:45am On Feb 23, 2015
clevvermind:

How maany igbo have the time to listen to ppl like these who are fighting for their own selfis interest? For trying to pay for bail shows they are weak. I even thought they are strong enough to die for the course. We igbos are gonna vote certainly.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by richybanky(m): 5:47am On Feb 23, 2015
ckmayoca:

Correct shot! But give yoruba person 24 cups of rice he will surely deny his helper and vote his enemy.
grin grin dats d gullible yoruba's
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by clevvermind(m): 6:39am On Feb 23, 2015
midolian:
Mr clevvermind, fear don dey grab you? I think say una say jona get hope pass den igbo for naija. Una neva see anything. You guyz (TANoids) will die 500 times b4 elections , after which you ll be dying finallygrin grin
grin u nor well. buhari will develop heart attack when Jonathan will be sworn in again. that will be buhari and his supporters' end. grin
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by clevvermind(m): 6:42am On Feb 23, 2015
ckmayoca:

How maany igbo have the time to listen to ppl like these who are fighting for their own selfis interest? For trying to pay for bail shows they are weak. I even thought they are strong enough to die for the course. We igbos are gonna vote certainly.
yea. nothing can stop the igbos from voting in this election.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 6:52am On Feb 23, 2015
clevvermind:
grin u nor well. buhari will develop heart attack when Jonathan will be sworn in again. that will be buhari and his supporters' end. grin
lol..time will soon tell na.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by size38: 7:01am On Feb 23, 2015
This will be a welcome development. The Igbos are not nigerians. They are Biafrans. So they shouldn't be voting in any Nigerian election.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by drtwist(m): 7:01am On Feb 23, 2015
Lol do u y I want to Vote 4 GEJ? because the other region want to vote him out because he love the Igbos. And I respect the Igbos because dey don't depend on any presidency to survive unlike these North cow and some west Thug
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by Vicotex(m): 7:01am On Feb 23, 2015
ckmayoca:

I still rep Igbo/Biafra tho, what they just spew is a complete garbage
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by midolian(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2015
drtwist:
Lol do u y I want to Vote 4 GEJ? because the other region want to vote him out because he love the Igbos. And I respect the Igbos because dey don't depend on any presidency to survive unlike these North cow and some west Thug
SMH for ur mentality. Your way of reasoning is so pathetic.
Re: Biafra Group Calls On Ndigbo To Boycott Election by kestolove95(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2015
ckmayoca:

ahahaahahaha....stomach infrastructure tins

(1) (Reply)

Good Signs For Nigeria: Dollar Drops To N196 / PDP Chairman, Adamu Muazu Must Be Sacked / Why The Marriage Between Bola Tinubu & GMB Is Falling Apart -Musa Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.