Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari (977 Views)

Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Checkout This New Picture Of Mohammadu Buhari's Economy I Saw On Facebook! / I Will Use 1983 Magic: Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by 9jagistonline(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, assured Nigerians of succour from the effects of the ill-management of the nation’s economy by the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government, saying that he still had the 1983 magic to transform the nation's economy.
In a statement signed by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation (APCPCO), Mallam Garba Shehu, the APC observed the panicky and uncoordinated management of the national economy by President Jonathan and his economic team.
According to the statement: “For our presidential candidate, General Buhari, it is a walk back through history. Recall that the Nigerian economy at this time shares characteristics with the Nigerian economy of 1983 when he took charge of the reign of government on a rescue mission. The Naira was weak, crude oil prices were plummeting – coupled with a heavy debt profile. Hopefully, APC will turn the nation’s economy around.
“Our party’s economic policies are consciously conceived to be people-centred. For the first time in over three decades, Nigeria will experience a truly pro-people Federal Government. This is our commitment to the mass of our people, help is on the way, they should not despair," the statement noted.
The statement also restated Buhari's commitment to end profligacy, mismanagement of the nation's revenue, which is dwindling by the day, and block leakages with a view to saving needed funds to drive an APC-led government's economic and infrastructure development.
The statement further noted that "it is crystal clear that our revenues are dwindling by the day and if we must survive, we cannot continue on this path of near absence of accountability, mismanagement, outright waste and jamboree that has characterised the management of public resources under the Jonathan-led PDP government. General Buhari by his antecedents will run a lean government that will free resources to be deployed to his envisaged government's interventions in critical infrastructure and economic development.
"It is apparent that the Federal Government has suddenly found itself in a bind with plummeting crude oil prices in the international market, but typical of a team that lacks capacity for anticipatory actions, the Federal Government has been running from pillar to post in a vain bid to stabilise the economy. Unfortunately, all conceived palliatives applied to save the nation’s declining economic indicators have merely scrapped the surface of the problems leaving the mass of Nigerians desperate, confused and hungrier."
Shehu said the nation’s debt profile under the current Federal Government grew exponentially even while the country recorded the highest revenue accrued from impressive crude oil prices over a five-year period before the downward spiral of international oil prices.
"With external debt standing at more than $10 billion and our internal debts at more than $50 billion, it is without doubt that President Jonathan is driving Nigeria into economic wilderness. This should be a cause for concern for all well meaning Nigerians, more so when the Federal Government responses to these rising economic challenges have, at best, been casual.
“Emblematic of this casual, non profound approach to the management of the national economy is the Central Bank of Nigeria’s devaluation of the national currency in November 2014 while retaining the Retail Dutch Auction System (RDAS). Dramatically, just under three months after that devaluation, the CBN, obviously buffeted by unanticipated dynamics in the foreign exchange market, announced the closure of the RDAS and the Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). This shows clearly an uncoordinated template in the management of the national economy,” Shehu said.
He added that the mismanagement of the economy by the Federal Government was turning Nigerians into economic derelicts, a people incapable of living up to required standards of existence, ''but help is on the way.''
“Though we are conscious of the dire economic strait the Federal Government has pushed Nigerians into, we can assure the mass of Nigerian people that help is on the way. We know that an APC controlled Federal Government will obviously inherit a huge debt profile and an empty treasury from this PDP Federal Government. We are confident of turning the situation around", he maintained.

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by centmichael101(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari u need change!!

2 Likes

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by clevvermind(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2015
all the innocent people this man has killed is really haunting him. that was why he always speaks rubbish and even forget the name of his running mate and what INEC stands for. smh.
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by madridguy(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by Sierraloaded: 7:32am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 23, 2015
Abeg turn our rivers into wine 1st make boys drink forget sorrows

2 Likes

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by clevvermind(m): 7:39am On Feb 23, 2015
it is only fools that can be deceived by this terrorist and a killer and i don't want to be one of those fools. be wise.
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by Truckpusher(m): 7:50am On Feb 23, 2015
Chai! Buhari,under your draconian laws Nigeria attracted the worst sanctions ever and you didn't pay the price but innocent Nigerians did pay that price.

Buhari should do us a favor and shut the hell up .He's going nowhere.
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by dein77(m): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari, we are smarter now.

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by jayte054: 7:56am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari, I'm praying for u, that the almighty God/Allah touches your heart to know that we don't want to do recycling oooooooo!!!!! Chei!
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by Ngasky(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Lets keep politics aside. Can Anybody (saTANs included) tell us the direction of our economy?
Even to the common man without any knowledge of economy on the street knows things are going bad without any hope in sight.
To the economic intellectuals even the (un)Ngozi's [(un)blessing's] paper economics is in tatters. She claims that the economy is improving on paper and the same paper shows that;
*Naira is taking a plunge ($1>210 naira).
*Dwindling foreign reserve.
*Increase in both foreign & local debt.
*Lack of investors.
*Increase in personal expenses (inflation).
*Unemployment figure increasing in geometric progression.
Pls. Can any proff. of Economics tell me any one from above that means moving forward as a nation?. I am craving to learn macro Economics.

1 Like

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by starpon1: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2015
abegi spare us dat nonses word of yours. you can go and do dat in hell when you die, not in nigeria again. Stupid terrorist! It's only a fool dat will vote an animal lyk Buhari.
Sai GEJ
Sai SAMBO
Sai OBIANO
buhari SAI fidfi!!
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by Adindupeter: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2015
He declared 150 cows as an asset by 2011 yet he declared same figure this year. What does that speak of him?. Charity begins at home!!! Fix your brokenness first before fixing that of a country.. You owe your family change. Till you do that we'll never take you serious!!!!
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by jdilight(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2015
9jagistonline:
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari, on Sunday, assured Nigerians of succour from the effects of the ill-management of the nation’s economy by the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government, saying that he still had the 1983 magic to transform the nation's economy.
In a statement signed by the Director of Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation (APCPCO), Mallam Garba Shehu, the APC observed the panicky and uncoordinated management of the national economy by President Jonathan and his economic team.
According to the statement: “For our presidential candidate, General Buhari, it is a walk back through history. Recall that the Nigerian economy at this time shares characteristics with the Nigerian economy of 1983 when he took charge of the reign of government on a rescue mission. The Naira was weak, crude oil prices were plummeting – coupled with a heavy debt profile. Hopefully, APC will turn the nation’s economy around.
“Our party’s economic policies are consciously conceived to be people-centred. For the first time in over three decades, Nigeria will experience a truly pro-people Federal Government. This is our commitment to the mass of our people, help is on the way, they should not despair," the statement noted.
The statement also restated Buhari's commitment to end profligacy, mismanagement of the nation's revenue, which is dwindling by the day, and block leakages with a view to saving needed funds to drive an APC-led government's economic and infrastructure development.
The statement further noted that "it is crystal clear that our revenues are dwindling by the day and if we must survive, we cannot continue on this path of near absence of accountability, mismanagement, outright waste and jamboree that has characterised the management of public resources under the Jonathan-led PDP government. General Buhari by his antecedents will run a lean government that will free resources to be deployed to his envisaged government's interventions in critical infrastructure and economic development.
"It is apparent that the Federal Government has suddenly found itself in a bind with plummeting crude oil prices in the international market, but typical of a team that lacks capacity for anticipatory actions, the Federal Government has been running from pillar to post in a vain bid to stabilise the economy. Unfortunately, all conceived palliatives applied to save the nation’s declining economic indicators have merely scrapped the surface of the problems leaving the mass of Nigerians desperate, confused and hungrier."
Shehu said the nation’s debt profile under the current Federal Government grew exponentially even while the country recorded the highest revenue accrued from impressive crude oil prices over a five-year period before the downward spiral of international oil prices.
"With external debt standing at more than $10 billion and our internal debts at more than $50 billion, it is without doubt that President Jonathan is driving Nigeria into economic wilderness. This should be a cause for concern for all well meaning Nigerians, more so when the Federal Government responses to these rising economic challenges have, at best, been casual.
“Emblematic of this casual, non profound approach to the management of the national economy is the Central Bank of Nigeria’s devaluation of the national currency in November 2014 while retaining the Retail Dutch Auction System (RDAS). Dramatically, just under three months after that devaluation, the CBN, obviously buffeted by unanticipated dynamics in the foreign exchange market, announced the closure of the RDAS and the Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). This shows clearly an uncoordinated template in the management of the national economy,” Shehu said.
He added that the mismanagement of the economy by the Federal Government was turning Nigerians into economic derelicts, a people incapable of living up to required standards of existence, ''but help is on the way.''
“Though we are conscious of the dire economic strait the Federal Government has pushed Nigerians into, we can assure the mass of Nigerian people that help is on the way. We know that an APC controlled Federal Government will obviously inherit a huge debt profile and an empty treasury from this PDP Federal Government. We are confident of turning the situation around", he maintained.

I thought the slagon was "change"? I saw "transform" our economy.

First, if there was any positive impact of 1983 government, it died in 1985 after he left government. That is not really a change but a costmetic delusion. We don't need it again.

We know we are down, that is while we are digging to lay a new foundation our children will build on.

We change we once prayed for came by Gej, he didn't stop at the change. He is taking it to transformation.

We don't want a 1983 magic stick in 2015. It will take us back to darkness.
Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by egift(m): 8:43am On Feb 23, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-6JJ6e1BuZII/VK96MpFhIkI/AAAAAAABT0A/ez07Dn7IOm4/s1600/NIGERIA%2B1.jpg[/img]

The Man of the Moment. This was Buhari in Bayelsa State. Change is here. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by anonimi: 8:49am On Feb 23, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by aminashy: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2015
See dead man walking talking trash,he thinks this is 1983 dillusional I must say.

1 Like

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by nellyjohn: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Hmmm Buhari we don't need you to take us backward. Time has gone when u keep deceiving people wit the term corruption when u urself is so corrupt.
Anyway, GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Declining Economy: I Still Have 1983 Magic —buhari by opiaoku: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam

Gej till 2019

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do Or How Will You Feel If You Got This Alert From Your Bank(pix) / Tinubu Vs AIT: Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing / Buhari In Deal With West To Legalise Same Sex Marriage, To Repeal Anti- Gay Law,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.