Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists (1076 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill In Self-defence - Miyetti Allah / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Idokojimmy: 7:55am On Feb 23, 2015
My men’ll kill in self defence, Mbu insists

FEBRUARY 23, 2015 BY OLALEKAN ADETAYO
Leave a Comment

Joseph Mbu

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2, Lagos, Mr. Joseph Mbu, has said that there is no big deal in the number of people policemen under his command can kill in self-defence.

He said since policemen were also human beings, they should be ready to take revenge on any violent group(s) that might attack them or other innocent citizens.

Mbu spoke with some journalists in Olorunsogo, Ogun State, during the inauguration of the Olorunsogo II Power Station by President Goodluck Jonathan.

The journalists had approached the AIG, who led policemen to provide security for the President at the event, to clarify the controversial statement credited to him that 20 civilians would be hacked down for every policeman killed.

“If one of my men is killed, I shall kill 20 of them, but don’t shoot first. If they shoot you, shoot back in self-defence. Anybody who fires you, fire him back in self-defence,” Mbu had been quoted in the media to have told his men at the Ogun State Police Command Headquarters, Eleweran, Abeokuta, during a recent visit.

Mbu on Friday said the media account was mischievous and contrary to what he said in Abeokuta.

He also said that he contemplated arresting the journalists who wrote the reports to show proof that he indeed said what was reported.

Curiously, however, Mbu restated the media account he had tried to debunk.

He said, “I still stand by what I said. And what I said is very clear: that if any violent group attacks my policemen, my policemen should attack them violently.

“If any violent group attacks a law-abiding citizen in a bid to cause injury or cause harm, the police should repel and save that law-abiding citizen because we have the powers to do so.

“If hoodlums or touts decide to be lawless; carrying knives, carrying illegal firearms and shooting at my policemen, if they shoot at my policemen and they are a hundred or 200, my policemen will not be looking at them. They will reply back in self-defence.

“The number I kill is immaterial because a policeman is also a human being.”

When asked if his strategy of fire-for-fire is the best way to handle the situation, Mbu answered, “Which other way do you think you can handle it? You will shoot at the police. Is it not when the person is alive that he is coming to give evidence? How will somebody who is violently attacking others be stopped; how are you going to stop him? Are you going to use your hands? You must repel him using a stronger force.”

Punch Newspaper
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Idokojimmy: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2015
This man is talking tough. But only trouble makers should have cause to question this. If u r a law abiding citizen, am sure his so called men would have no business doing anything funny

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-menll-kill-in-self-defence-mbu-insists/

2 Likes

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by madridguy(m): 8:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Ok
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by AmakaDNB(f): 8:01am On Feb 23, 2015
Hmm. The UNTAMED!
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Faibuhari: 8:03am On Feb 23, 2015
MBU, Fayose and Obanikoro will tame the beast of Tinubu in SW. I respect these trio

5 Likes

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by KellyNicole(f): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2015
when wl dey stop collecting 50naira?

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by shininglite(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by clevvermind(m): 8:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Mbu, you are wrong. is that the way to go?

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 23, 2015
Hmm self defense wink
Is it the Nigerian police or... with which weapons and combat tactics will they defend when all they know is to collect #20 from there poor fellow Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Baawaa(m): 8:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Mbu,you are a slave."Omo Eru".It is only a slave they give this kind of task.

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 23, 2015
lamako:
Hmm self defense wink
Is it the Nigerian police or... with which weapons and combat tactics will they defend when all they know is to collect #20 from there poor fellow Nigerians.
not all police just that the bad ones are more
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by bonechamberlain(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2015
this man is beginning to talk too much... when in rivers, where there was a tough battle between him and amechi, he was not a press man. now i wonder what suddenly changed him. he is now talking everyday.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by kheart(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Mtchewww I don't and will never like police officer even if na My brother. Majority of this guys in black uniform re cursed
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by opiaoku: 9:33am On Feb 23, 2015
Mbu the gallant cop

Tinubu is a bastard
Fashola is a hooligan
Gej till 2019
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by GODDYGEE91(m): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2015
De best way 2 defend is to attack. Mbu am with u.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by nwafuluozoh: 9:37am On Feb 23, 2015
APC abi you dey hear? To be fore warned is to be fore armed.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by signz: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2015
I see this man joining politics immediately after he retires.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 23, 2015
A word is enough for the wise, comport yourself and be a good citizen, don't engage in election violence else you shall face the wrath.

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by asadike(f): 10:26am On Feb 23, 2015
Mbu is so right and on point. How much are police men paid, if they don't do d policing,who will? They have families and loved ones too just like you and me and have a right to defend their lives. Mbu, go on jare, na u fit lagos state

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by iresearcher(m): 11:16am On Feb 23, 2015
opiaoku:
Mbu the gallant cop

Tinubu is a bastard
Fashola is a hooligan
Gej till 2019

This is why PDP is dying. You people cannot stop cursing people.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by opiaoku: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2015
iresearcher:

This is why PDP is dying. You people cannot stop cursing people.

Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by onos1979(f): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2015
opiaoku:

Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
one day you Will become a leader, and you be called all the names you're calling this people.
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by opiaoku: 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
onos1979:
one day you Will become a leader, and you be called all the names you're calling this people.

Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget

Gej till 2019
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by GeneralBosco: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
[s]
opiaoku:

Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget

Gej till 2019
[/s]
Jonathan is a dunce
Sambo is a short fool
GEJ Till May, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by opiaoku: 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
GeneralBosco:

Jonathan is a dunce
Sambo is a short fool
GEJ Till May, 2015

Nope
Buhari is a certified terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget grin

Gej till Buhari dies of high bp
Gej till 2019
Re: My Men’ll Kill In Self Defence, Mbu Insists by GeneralBosco: 3:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
[s]
opiaoku:

Nope
Buhari is a certified terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget grin

Gej till Buhari dies of high bp
Gej till 2019
[/s]
FALSE
GEJ IS A DUNCE
SAMBO IS A CRETIN
FAYOSE IS A BIG FOOL
OKUPE IS A FAT FOOL
ABATI IS A MISFIT
FFK IS A PROSTITUTE
METUH IS A DRUNK PIG
OBANIKORO IS A CRIMINAL
BODE GEORGE IS AN OLD HAG
BLOODYKILLER IS A FOOLISH GOAT
OTU NNE

GEJ TILL MAY, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Shootout Happened Few Minutes Ago At Bogobiri / Buhari Scared Of Debate With Jonathan –presidency. / Where Is Barcanista?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.