Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi (1261 Views)

How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes / Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging / 8 Things I Wish I’d Known When I Started As A Web Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi by ShehuAba(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2015
The second edition of the Naija Inspirational Hub monthly interview series is here.

Our guest for this month is Muhammed Abdullahi Tosin, who is the brain behind Naija Writers’ Coach. He is an award-winning essayist who has won for himself nothing less than 11 essay contests. He has many authored e-books to his name, such as Your Right to Write, Vertical Writing and many more. A social entrepreneur, who is the curator of online courses such as Pen Money Masterclass, and Affiliate Goldmine.

In this interview with Naija Inspirational Hub, he told us about his growing up days, how he ventured into blogging. He also explained how a blog can be monetized especially in Nigeria, what he thinks of blogging in Nigeria compared to other places. And many more encouraging and inciting revelations.

So sit down, relax and enjoy…

Excerpts:

N.I.H: Can we meet you sir?

Abdullahi: I’m Muhammed Abdullahi Tosin. I’m a writer, difference maker and entrepreneur. I help creative entrepreneurs like writers, bloggers and artists live their dreams without going hungry.

N.I.H: Can you briefly tell us about your growing up days. What was the experience like?

Abdullahi: I was born in Kano State and remained there for about a decade. Growing up was fun. I still remember some awesome Hausa foods like talia, wanke, masa and fura that my elder siblings and their teachers would use to bribe me whenever I manufacture a reason to cry. It was equally challenging, due to the unsettled terrain of religious and ethnic crises that rocked Kano State and some other Northern states then.

N.I.H: Can you lead us through your journey to the Nigerian blogosphere?

Abdullahi: I started blogging in 2011 without understanding what blogging meant. I just wanted a place online I could post anything I wrote. The blog soon died. My current blog started in mid-2012 as my response to the challenge of repeatedly being asked for writing advice and contest updates.

N.I.H: Blogging and studying. How are you able to combine the duo effectively?

Abdullahi: Well, to confess, being able to juggle many important and demanding things is just utopia. Sometimes, one will suffer. What I’ve tried to do is to make sure no one aspect of my life or commitments taste a complete neglect at any particular time. I try to plan well, ignore distractions that come like opportunities and focus on my WHY. Remembering why I do the things I do keeps me going in tough times.

N.I.H: Naija Writers’ Coach has been waxing stronger and stronger four years down the line. What is the secret behind this?

Abdullahi: There’s no secret. I simply focus on creating value for people and making a difference. I summon the courage to create awesome contents, wear the generosity to share them and it’s been paying off.

N.I.H: You are a Nigerian student cum entrepreneur. In your own view what is the greatest challenge facing student entrepreneurs in Nigeria?

Abdullahi: I think that’s juggling both schooling and business together.

N.I.H: You coach people to write, what has been the experience so far?

Abdullahi: It’s been fulfilling and challenging. Fulfilling because, my little efforts do make impacts. And challenging because I have to update my own knowledge constantly and showing up always.

N.I.H: There is a wide-spread notion, that a blog is a “money-bag”. How true is this assertion?

Abdullahi: It’s a fact, provided the blogger knows how to properly monetize his blog. Sadly, 99% of bloggers don’t.

N.I.H: You have won for yourself, nothing less than 11 essay contests. Can you lead us through your essay contests experience, and what other aspiring writers can learn from you?

Abdullahi: I approach essay contests as an opportunity to practice my craft and write regularly. Winning has never been my sole goal. That way, when I lose, I don’t really lose but I learn. And when I win, I get motivated to do even more.

Read the Full Interview here:

http://naijainspirationalhub.com/how-i-started-blogging-muhammed-tosin-abdullahi/
Re: How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi by ShehuAba(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2015
This is an eye opening interview.

Lessons that can be learnt from professional and to be bloggers are enormous.

Nairaland webmasters, where are you guys?

What do you have to say about this interview

CC

adewasco2k , Slyr0x

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Started Blogging- Muhammed Tosin Abdullahi by ShehuAba(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Web Designer Or Web Developer In Anambra Mainly Onitsha, Nkpor Or Awka / Naa Thurnder Go Fire Paypal(after All The Money Wey Person Done Spend) / Guys Are You Favourite Way To Waste Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.