Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me (767 Views)

The Girlfriend As The Wife, The Boyfriend As The Husband…maka Why? / Anti Spam Bot//auto Ban On Nairaland- More Harm Than Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2015
This is specially directed to Seun and all those in charge of this forum. @ this Point, I think nairaland has become some sort of dumping site for every and anything.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think most of the well known social network and forums have stayed relevant by just sticking to a. Certain trend with out room for modifications and people friendly environment.

1. My 1st and major concern is the front page. Jeez! Have you seen the kinda stuff that make front page these days? It's almost like a market place, the most flashing topic irrespective of how irrelevant makes front page. In my opinion, NL front page would make a whole lot of sense if only one topic( most sensible) per section was posted on the front page.
One of the major advantages of this would be the fact that people would be made to visit a section more than just scroll through the front page and out. Again, it reduces the number of junk front page liners.

2. The idea of likes and shares was a good one but I feel it would be better if one could access those liking pictures, post, e.t.c

3. Topics generally...... topics on NL should have a time limit after which they are automatically deleted. I don't understand why a topic from 2010 should still be online. This just increases the number of irrelevant stuff of the data base. Most times, information posted on NL is hot and juicy. Doesn't stay relevant for more than 3 moths. It's not just enough to close a thread, it should be completely removed.

4. Editing topics.... mehn! I guess this would be the most welcomed for me. I should be able to edit a topic I post. Sometimes as a topic progresses you realise the topic isn't passing the message you want and @ that point you just wish you could change it but he'll no. The yam, the knife, even the stove dey oga @ d top hand grin

5. Last seen online.... okay every monitoring spirit I cast &...... it is so not cool for me. So if i'm hiding from some1 nairaland just exposes my online activity. Abeg make una help me stay invisible.

6. Topic of the day.... this would make it more fun and interesting and please it should not always be romance. It may even be posted by seun himself or some1 else but it should be more educating than fun seeking. A topic relevant to everyone of different age and status. For example historic events, world discoveries. Things that make people learn and keep coming back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Omexonomy: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Nigerian women always giving advice even when not needed.
It is well.
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2015
Omexonomy:
It is well.
your point exactly Nigeria man always commenting even wen we don't wanna hear

1 Like

Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by yemicoal(m): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2015
undecided , I agree with the idea of seeing people who like pictures
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 23, 2015
I totally agree with all of them.
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2015
Omexonomy:
It is well.

seriously, you must not comment. It is not by force.
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Omexonomy: 10:20am On Feb 23, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:
your point exactly Nigeria man always commenting even wen we don't wanna hear
it is well
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:23am On Feb 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

I tire ooo
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Omexonomy: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

you again? You wey ogogoro and ganja better pass. How are you?
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Omexonomy: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

you again? You wey ogogoro and ganja better pass. How you de?
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Omexonomy: 10:25am On Feb 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

you again? You wey ogogoro and ganja better pass. How you dey?
Re: Ways To Maka Nairaland More Accommodating For Me by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2015
Well thought out points, especially 'Topic of the Day' ish... I would add editing of username...

(1) (Reply)

2015 Polls: 2 Police Officers And A Civillian Lose Lives. / This Picture Of Gaza Student After War Is Deep.. (picture) / 31 Famous Quotations You’ve Been Getting Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.