Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag (1237 Views)

Check Out My Full Bun On My Real Hair / The Business Face Of The Nigerian Beauty Industry / No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, True Nigerian Beauty In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag by loveroflife: 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
If NIGERIANS in Diaspora can do this while abroad.
Why are our Nigerians women still thriving for unrealistic standards of beauty

No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, True Nigerian Beauty in the UK Lands Cover of Boots Mag
Out of a whopping 8,500 entries, a Nigerian woman in the UK, Ijeoma “Ijay” Kalu won the opportunity to be the cover star of the March 2015 edition of Boots Health & Beauty.

Ijeoma Kalu

After choosing 17 women for the final casting of the issue to celebrate real women, Ijay emerged a finalist, and eventually, the winner!

See the heartwarming video where Boots called Ijeoma to tell her she won.

Here’s the cover!
http:///cGissm

Ijeoma Kalu Boots Health and BeautyHealth Beauty March April 2015 copy

Source: Boots Facebook Page

Re: No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag by delishpot: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
She try. But wetin that get to do with our women at home? Do they photoshop their real selves? Who told you our women at hone strive for unrealistic standard of beauty? That girl in that photo isnt natural. she has makeup and then she has her kinky hair straightened(No hating o) since you want to talk about natural abd our beautiful sisters at home.

The average naija girl wears less lipstick Than that.
You guys dont get tired sha, every small thing una go run come naija come use am insult our women.
Last time I checked it was boys in naija and abroad that were complaining about our girls not looking like the women you see in oyinbo land and bollywood movies. It was guys demanding unrealistic beauty from our women. Expecting fig 8 from a 9 month pregnant wife.
Re: No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag by loveroflife: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
I can cross this post on the blogs some days ago. I was taken aback. No hair extension that sweeps her buttom., no false lashes, no contouring and highlighting etc. Yes she has makeup, but makeup can be used to enhance one's natural beauty.
More an more I am seeing our women copying what they see in the States or on celebrities. I just think we need to come back to our roots. In this particular post it seems she made it on a front cover without all the shakara
Re: No Photoshop Here! Stunning Smile, Real Hair, Nigerian Beauty In The UK Mag by loveroflife: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
surely we need to educate our men and women to not succumb to the pressure of society and peers?

(1) (Reply)

Is This The New Fashion Trend For Women? / Let Us Fix A Nail: Post Pictures Of Your Nails / Virginal Tightening Liquid & Botcho Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.