Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report (976 Views)

Men Tortured By Police For Demanding For Their Late Parents Entitlements. Photos / Family Members Meet A Robber At Home As They Come Home From Mosque In Abuja. Pic / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by brize(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
On sunday 22 feb. 2014 in Nkpor at about 9:30pm or thereabout i was in my room surfing my internet and reading serious topics and funny comments as usual in nairaland, then i heard a gun shot but i didnt mind cos for anybody living along old road nkpor Anambra state we call the evening gunshots along that road *OLD ROAD ANTHEM*. But not until i heard two more rounds hmmmm then i knew something was wrong....
#fast forward#
A guy who came to visit his mum was shot on the head and neck by a robber no a motorcycle who demanded for his phone but he refused and even dragged the phone with them...
*fast forward*
He was still alive breathing and managing to talk, now he was taken to a hospital by his siblings who were with his mother that night around 10pm, guess what!!!
The doctor refused to touch him until they bring a police report that same night. (what!! Are you kidding me?) a dying person who purpose to receive an emergency attention.
My question is, is the police report necessary before a patients that is shot with a bullet to be treated or can he be treated first and then wait for police report?
N:B. You don't know who is innocent or a suspect
Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by josnig1980(f): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2015
sorry about it
Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by derrick333(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
Rubbish,even if he was a member of d robbery gang?they shudv oblige,den on d process inform d police

1 Like

Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by brize(m): 3:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
derrick333:
Rubbish,even if he was a member of d robbery gang?they shudv oblige,den on d process inform d police

that's what am saying also, that's why i posted that
Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by brize(m): 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
Emergency is emergency and should be treated as such, i can remember the Indian film i watched where a real and wanted criminal came to the hospital to treat his wounds which he sustained from a fight with TOO FAN's father and the doctor suspecting him to be the one on a wanted list didnt hesitate to treat him rather he treated him cos he needed to be alive but he injected him with sleeping medicine and he slept off and the police arrested him...
Why always different in nigerians case?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nigerians re extremists! The sensible thing to do is to treat him and notify the police while at it..... Am I surprise undecided it's called d "Jonathan" syndrome angry

1 Like

Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by hedonistic: 12:59am On Feb 26, 2015
Adufetohposh:
Nigerians re extremists! The sensible thing to do is to treat him and notify the police while at it..... Am I surprise undecided it's called d "Jonathan" syndrome angry

Sharaaap there, with your mouth like parrot. What exactly do you mean by "Jonathan", and what does that have to do with the issue at hand?

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 26, 2015
hedonistic:

Sharaaap there, with your mouth like parrot. What exactly do you mean by "Jonathan", and what does that have to do with the issue at hand?

Thanks. The guy just want to politicise every issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap MTN Data for Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem, 1GB for N1,200

Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee)

Design a Simple Dynamic Website + Domain Name + Hosting in One Day for N30, 000 (Negotiable)

Call: 08107873795
Thanks and God bless
Re: Doctors Refuse To Treat A Patients Shot By A Robber,demanding For Doctors Report by Nobody: 2:45am On Feb 26, 2015
You folks think the average roadside clinic can handle a gun shot wound
They can't help him even if they wanted to,they don't have the necessary things needed to do that,neither do they have the expertise
Even here in the USA ,severe trauma and gun shot patients don't just end up at the nearest hospital and even when they do it's just for stabilization before ,they are often flown by mediflight to trauma centers equipped to handle such.
You folks are demanding too much from people who have no knowledge,no experience and no training in handling things like this.
A doctor on Nkpor probably just has his MBBS and nothing more
The police report is just a way to send them away yo go die elsewhere and not in their facility
The average nigerian so called hospital can't do much for you beyond malaria and appendicitis if you're lucky

Let us remember the plight of DJDOLA ,two months in a Lagos hospital and millions of naira and they couldn't give a definitive diagnosis and used our friend for experiment ,treating him for everything else and billing the patient.
That should be an eye opener

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Sells Son For N450,000 & You Won’t Believe The Reason The Buyer Bought It / Shocking! How Nigerians Are Used For Slavery And Prostitution In The UK.. / Burglar Gets Stuck In His Victim's Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.