Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! (1069 Views)

Nigerian Conjoined Twins Celebrate Xmas With Family After Surgery In The US.PICS / Conjoined Twins Delivered In Jos Die (graphic Pictures) / Conjoined Twins Born In Ganjuwa, Bauchi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by gbolakpine(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
Joy and Gladness as Conjoined twins who were connected at the chest and abdomen have been separated after an operation that has never before been successfully attempted.

The twins, Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith Mata were born in Texas last April and were welcomed by parents Elysse and John Eric.

The parents were before the birth of the girls, told that their twin girls would be conjoined and when they were born it was found their shared the same chest wall, lungs, pericardial sac (the lining of the heart), diaphragm, liver, intestines, colon and pelvis.

A team of more than 26 clinicians, including 12 surgeons, six anesthesiologists and eight surgical nurses who assembled at the Texas Children's Hospital operated to separate the 10-month-olds.

The 26-hour surgery was the first time twins conjoined at the chest and abdomen in this way had been separated successfully.

http://www.kongegist.com/2015/02/first-time-in-history-conjoined-twins.html

Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by Efisko1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
grin
wow,,,,
uyibo winch no be joke nw,,,,
Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by TrishaP(f): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
O MY GOD! but how were they born joined that way.
Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by happykidArotiba(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
*breaths down*

I swear I thought it was in Nigeria, I wanted to award it the biggest lie ever told by a Nigerian! grin. but thank God,
btw, this is a gr8 news, first tym? I tot we had it happening in the days of William dickey and maybe Ben Carson?
Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by happykidArotiba(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
The whites are geniuses!
Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by michaelmo11(m): 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
Wow that is good, i hope there wouldn't be any complications afterwards in the lives of the girls.
Re: First Time In History, Conjoined Twins Were Successfully Separated! by Yustash001(m): 2:56pm On Feb 24, 2015
Wow....this oyinbo people too much...

(1) (Reply)

BITTERS - It’s Natures Pure Miracle! / The Top Signs That You Need An Eye Exam / 3 Common Causes Of Weak Breasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.