Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security (2153 Views)

‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by ediko5(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
Christians all over the world worships the Almighty God who is believed to be the creator and controller of the universe. Our God is a powerful God and has supreme powers to do wonders. This is preached by our church leaders like pastors, reverend, bishops, prophets etc.

But it always baffles my mind when I see the same men of God who preaches about the power of God and some who even perform signs and wonders using God’s name being guarded by humans with physical weapons like guns instead of them to seek for Almighty protection from Almighty God.

Some pastors employ heavily armed securities to protect them 24 hours round the clock including their household. Some even move with convoy of security guards all in the name of getting protection, yet they preach that God is powerful.

Here Are Two Good Reasons Why It’s Sinful For Servant of God To Be Guarded By Armed Security

It Shows That The God They Serve Is Powerless

The bible says in Deuteronomy 33:27; the eternal God is a dwelling place and underneath are the everlasting arms; and he drove out the enemy from before you, and said, “Destroy!”.

If God told us that we are underneath his everlasting arms and he will drive out our enemies and we truly believes this, then why would servants of God be guarded by physically armed securities?

If you portray yourself as a spiritually powerful servant of God, then why do you employ people with weapons to protect you?

Servants of God who employ armed security to protect them are people who do not believe that God has the supreme power to protect.

In Isaiah 54:17 and John 10:28-29 God has assured us with his protection but why would someone who preaches and perform wonders with the power of God entrust the protection of his life in the hands of humans?

The Men of God Are Not True (Fake) Servants of God

In Deuteronomy 28:1-7 God tells us that all his blessings shall come upon us and he will set us above all the nations of the earth only if we obey his voice and carefully carry out his commandments.

Philosophers say that “man Know Thyself”. Pastors who employ armed securities to guard then know that they are not real men of God and hence the power of God is not in them even though some of them perform miracle using God’s name.

If a servant of God truly knows that he obeys the commandments of the Lord, then why should he be afraid when he serves the Almighty and most powerful God?

Men of God who employ armed securities to protect them are the ones who do not obey God’s commandment and therefore they are FAKE men of God.

SOURCE : http://brainnewsng.com/a-must-read-reasons-why-it-is-sinful-for-pastors-to-be-guarded-by-armed-security/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by OgenemaroKessy(m): 11:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hi Dear.
Am not a Church kinda of Guy but it's unscripted to call somebody fake. Man of God or not. We only live by GRACE. Men of God are prone to mistakes like You and I. This is end time and Bible have many prophecies concerning now. So let God do his job, Ours is to serve him but He alone have the right to JUDGE. Peace.
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by lomprico(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
Op! E b like say e get d pastor whey u dey target. grin
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by vislabraye(m): 12:56am On Feb 25, 2015
Op, if you happen to be a miLlionaire, will you employ security guards ?
MOG are first of all Christians before anything else. It will be more apt to ask yourself if its wrong for chrisatians to have any form of security.

Think about it very well. Should a Christian have security guards for whatever reason ?

You have a point too looking at it from another perspective. I believe its the extravagance of these MOG that's mind boggling.

I don't think they need such security entourage. It has become showmanship rather than gospel-oriented.

Chris for instance has 6 body guards standing by his sides when he preaches. He doesn't need all these. Where is the modesty and moderation ?
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by ediko5(m): 1:23am On Feb 25, 2015
OgenemaroKessy:
Hi Dear.
Am not a Church kinda of Guy but it's unscripted to call somebody fake. Man of God or not. We only live by GRACE. Men of God are prone to mistakes like You and I. This is end time and Bible have many prophecies concerning now. So let God do his job, Ours is to serve him but He alone have the right to JUDGE. Peace.

Did you even read the post at all?
it is people like you that brings shame to Christianity.
I am not attacking any man of God here. But how does it sound when a man of God preaches to you not to be afraid of any body but he/she moves with armed security personnel.

When the bible has said that we should not be afraid because God is with us always.
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by Femmymata2(m): 2:36am On Feb 25, 2015
Maybe they (m.o.g) don't trust God to protect them. Look at what happened to paul,stephen,john the baptist e.t.c some where killed,locked in jail, tortured e.t.c jesus also had disciples who were armed to protect him. Look at coptic christians that were beheaded,christians slaughtered or bombed by boko haram,isis,alqueda got no protection from God. A m.o.g that trust God with his safety does so at his own peril missing out on all the billions,jet,mansion he has accrued from gullible people
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by Wisdytech(m): 8:08am On Feb 25, 2015
Satanic pastors everywhere! Hmmmmmmm

Pls dont call them MEN OF GOD, But God of man. Kikikikikikikikikiki
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by OgenemaroKessy(m): 8:46am On Feb 25, 2015
ediko5:

Did you even read the post at all?
it is people like you that brings shame to Christianity.
I am not attacking any man of God here. But how does it sound when a man of God preaches to you not to be afraid of any body but he/she moves with armed security personnel.

When the bible has said that we should not be afraid because God is with us always.

Good morning Dear.
Did I just see SHAME in Your post?
My Dear in what aspect?
christendom is full of hypocrisy, You that call yourself a Christ - like person, calling people you called pastors or Man of God fake. Both of us who Shame fit?
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by ediko5(m): 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2015
OgenemaroKessy:

Good morning Dear.
Did I just see SHAME in Your post?
My Dear in what aspect?
christendom is full of hypocrisy, You that call yourself a Christ - like person, calling people you called pastors or Man of God fake. Both of us who Shame fit?

a real mam of GOD shouldn't entrust the protection of her life to a human.
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by OgenemaroKessy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
ediko5:

a real mam of GOD shouldn't entrust the protection of her life to a human.
I agree with You but I leave it to God to give the verdict. Tnx
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by jerflakes(m): 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
ediko5:

Christians all over the world worships the Almighty God who is believed to be the creator and controller of the universe. Our God is a powerful God and has supreme powers to do wonders. This is preached by our church leaders like pastors, reverend, bishops, prophets etc.

But it always baffles my mind when I see the same men of God who preaches about the power of God and some who even perform signs and wonders using God’s name being guarded by humans with physical weapons like guns instead of them to seek for Almighty protection from Almighty God.

Some pastors employ heavily armed securities to protect them 24 hours round the clock including their household. Some even move with convoy of security guards all in the name of getting protection, yet they preach that God is powerful.

Here Are Two Good Reasons Why It’s Sinful For Servant of God To Be Guarded By Armed Security

It Shows That The God They Serve Is Powerless

The bible says in Deuteronomy 33:27; the eternal God is a dwelling place and underneath are the everlasting arms; and he drove out the enemy from before you, and said, “Destroy!”.

If God told us that we are underneath his everlasting arms and he will drive out our enemies and we truly believes this, then why would servants of God be guarded by physically armed securities?

If you portray yourself as a spiritually powerful servant of God, then why do you employ people with weapons to protect you?

Servants of God who employ armed security to protect them are people who do not believe that God has the supreme power to protect.

In Isaiah 54:17 and John 10:28-29 God has assured us with his protection but why would someone who preaches and perform wonders with the power of God entrust the protection of his life in the hands of humans?

The Men of God Are Not True (Fake) Servants of God

In Deuteronomy 28:1-7 God tells us that all his blessings shall come upon us and he will set us above all the nations of the earth only if we obey his voice and carefully carry out his commandments.

Philosophers say that “man Know Thyself”. Pastors who employ armed securities to guard then know that they are not real men of God and hence the power of God is not in them even though some of them perform miracle using God’s name.

If a servant of God truly knows that he obeys the commandments of the Lord, then why should he be afraid when he serves the Almighty and most powerful God?

Men of God who employ armed securities to protect them are the ones who do not obey God’s commandment and therefore they are FAKE men of God.

SOURCE : http://brainnewsng.com/a-must-read-reasons-why-it-is-sinful-for-pastors-to-be-guarded-by-armed-security/

You dont know what a sin is.

Leave it to God.

Gaddamit, even the 4kin pope moves with armed security in a gaddam bulletproof car.
Re: Reasons Why It Is Sinful For Pastors To Be Guarded By Armed Security by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
na wa oo ... its simply just to keep them from being mobbed by the crowd ...Everybody wants to touch them , so they need security men...not necessarily for protection... u get?

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Mummy Sitting On A Bench.throw Back Pix / Angels / Dr. Paul Enenche Of Dunamis Releases Prophecies For 2018 (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.