Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness (511 Views)

Passengers Board Flights In Darkness At Murtala Mohammed Airport / Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by bigabbey: 2:52am On Feb 25, 2015
I thought it was only in my area in lagos that we are experiencing power failure until i travelled around the country and saw that it is all over the country. so i wonder what is the purpose of privatisation when there is no difference between nepa and the private company. the only thing they are good at is crazy bills. when are we going to get it right?
Re: Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by EngrRolly(m): 3:23am On Feb 25, 2015
Firstly,I want to imply that in Nigeria, privatizin National ownings DOES NOT recuperate the disease in dat sector as corruption still STRONGLY pervade itslf,this is even prior to the bid to privatize and truout the contracts lifespan- to ur question 'wen ar we going to get it ryt' - I tink u shd better ask the gods of which I believe u worship one cos wen I look at Nigeria,I see a gory site

1 Like

Re: Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 25, 2015
EngrRolly:
Firstly,I want to imply that in Nigeria, privatizin National ownings DOES NOT recuperate the disease in dat sector as corruption still STRONGLY pervade itslf,this is even prior to the bid to privatize and truout the contracts lifespan- to ur question 'wen ar we going to get it ryt' - I tink u shd better ask the gods of which I believe u worship one cos wen I look at Nigeria,I see a gory site
CORRUPTION!!!! I wonder wat this country vwill be like if corruption eventually walk out through the "front door". The main problem of this coyntry is nothing but corruption. The country culd not increase mega watt generation and individuals contributed billions that could be channelled to boost power generation to support the open bank where the money comes from.
Re: Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by nickusoro(m): 6:23am On Feb 25, 2015
PHCN privatization??
A clear illustration of "from the frying pan to the fire".

#QuoteMeIfYouWanna
Re: Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by cocoduck: 6:37am On Feb 25, 2015
this privatization of PHCN should have happened 20years ago. By now we should have been enjoying constant electricity Privatization does not automatically solve the problem It only opens the market for whoever is interested in the business. I have never seen any big business that requires millions of dollars to start, grow to maximum size or efficiency within 2 years, it is not possible on planet earth! The power sector needs at least 3more years of investment of resources and energy to start bearing even small friuts. privatization is just the foundation not the building it self

1 Like

Re: Two Years After Privatisation Of Phcn Nigerians Are Still In Darkness by bigabbey: 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hów is the power situation in your area has it imprroved?Or you are doing your biz on generator.your best option is solar if you have the money.

(1) (Reply)

New Version Of 'ultimate Search / Empowering The Youth Against Killing The Youth By Julius Diamond / Ebonyi Assembly Moves To Impeach Elechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.