Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji (1181 Views)

Prince Ademola Adeniji-Adele Burial In Pictures / Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by john124(m): 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
Yoruba will destroy their destiny by voting for Buhari – Adeniji
February 25, 2015

Engr. Jide Adeniji is the Chairman, Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) and Secretary of President Goodluck Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organization in the South West. He is also the Osun State Coordinator of the campaign organization. In this interview

Engr. Jide Adeniji

with CORRESPONDENT, GBENGA FATUROTI, he speaks on the state of roads across the country and why Nigerians should return President Jonathan to office for another term in the forthcoming presidential election, among others. Excerpts:

What are the achievements of President Goodluck Jonathan in Osun State especially in terms of road that would make the people cast their votes for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in next month’s Presidential Election?

When Mr. President came to Osun state, he said the people should hold me responsible for any road that is not motorable as Chairman of Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA). The problem we have having in Osun is that we have very limited federal roads, we have Ibadan-Ife-Ilesa federal road, we have Gbongan-Osogbo- Ela-Odo Federal Road, There is Lameco-Ogbomoso via Ilobu Federal Road, For Osogbo-Ilesa Federal Road, the Federal Ministry of Works have awarded contract on that, there cannot be two existing contract on a particular road, so, the government is reconstructing the road and when it is finish, it will be handed over to FERMA for maintenance. You cannot be developing road and be maintaining at the same time, it is after the commissioning that the road is handed over to FERMA. Then concerning Lameco-Ilobu-Ogbomoso, the rehabilitation had been awarded by the Federal Ministry of Works, I personally went to Federal Ministry of Works for them to terminate the contract because the contract has been awarded for almost five years. No physical work is been done and graciously the Minister approved and terminated the contract. What I did first was to divide the road to about five or six segments, we did only one segment of it which cost about N41m, the remaining six segments is what we are working on in the FERMA Headquarters which will be awarded very soon. There is no doubt about this that I am a bonafide Osun man, there is no way that I will be in the helms of affair of FERMA and will leave my state without touching it. The Ikirun road is an interstate road which supposed to be a federal road but it is a state road, we need the National Assembly Act to transfer it to federal which we have not even started at all. Then concerning Gbongan-Ela-Odo, it has been handed over to Osun State even though the state government is signing the contract on behalf of the federal, when the road is completed, we are going to vet whatever the state has spent on it and we are going to pay back but because the state cannot wait for our own time to start the construction of dualizing the road, the then Governor of the state, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola wrote the federal on the road which granted temporary ownership of the road to the state, we told him to design it, construct it and let vet it so that the federal government can repay and when the present governor came he inherited the road and I think work is going on there, when it is finish, they will give us the bill and we pay them back. Then Ibadan-Ife, we have awarded the contract to Samchase Nigeria Limited, the contract for the overlay and proper rehabilitation is about N810m, the work is still ongoing whatever certificate they bring we pay even though we still have some little ones we have to settle and we are going to settle them as soon as possible. There are also some areas we do palliative measure even this Gbongan road during yuletide, I will just tell the governor that we want to do some temporary work if I see that the people doing the construction cannot do palliative at the same time, I direct FERMA staff to go and do direct labour and put palliative measures so that peoples vehicle will not get damaged.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/yoruba-will-destroy-destiny-voting-buhari
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by john124(m): 7:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
What is the state of roads in the country?

We have 35,000 km road networks before Jonathan administration came to power but when he came, he has constructed additional 25,000km road networks. As at today we have 35,120km road networks under the purview of FERMA for maintenance. A lot of people believe that maintenance is patching roads, maintenance is more than that. Maintenance is keeping the state of road infrastructure in a sustained functionality that is at every point in time the state of road infrastructure must be functional and how do we make it functional, the placement must be properly done apart from that there must be road marking, people do not know the meaning of road marking when you divide the road unless you want to overtake, the line must not be in between your two tyres. Road education is what the agency and FRSC are trying to cooperate on. Apart from that, there must be street lighting if the money is there at every point, the road must be luminous so that armed robbers cannot hide in a dark place. By the special grace of God, from the 21% of usable road I met when took over FERMA, we are now at 83.5% usable road all over the country. I think there is an improvement. There is nothing you can do to satisfy people 100%.

There is no doubt that PDP is having internal wranglings, which is likely to make victory difficult for the party in the forthcoming general elections, what is the leadership of the party doing to address this?

PDP is a mega party, we have different kinds of characters in the party and the beauty of democracy is ability to solve problems whenever it comes. There is no problem in PDP that is not surmountable and there is nobody except God that cannot commit error one way or the other during selection of candidates but to the best of our ability we are trying to manage such problem. But I want to assure you there is no problem that PDP has today that is not getting attention and we are going to solve our problems.

As coordinator of President Jonathan’s Presidential Campaign in Osun State, how do you plan to work with other parties to achieve violence free election in the state?

You see the way Nigerians play politics is very funny. Politics by definition is war without bloodshed but politics in Nigeria is war with bloodshed. When you are playing politics it is war and it is not supposed to be with bloodshed, it is war of words. In Osun State, the state is known for gentility, we are not violent at all but the modern politics now is trying to create kind of war among ourselves. We don’t like to kill ourselves in Osun state before, now it is happening but with what the two presidential candidates did in Abuja, signing of peace accord, I think we should also emulate them and stop harassing ourselves. We should not go to the extent of terminating our lives if what you want to do when you come to government is to do good to people, if the people say they don’t want you that they want another person that is better, why can’t you wait for another time but today a lot of people have nothing to offer they still want to be in government. In PDP, we believe that there should be no violence and by the special grace of God, there will be no violence. We had series of meetings with opinion leaders and some interest groups telling them that our elections in Osun must be violent free. The people that are using another people to cause violence, their children are abroad. I cannot tell my children to be carrying weapons, I won’t do it but probably because of poverty, when they give little money and tell them to cause violence they go ahead. As far as PDP is concerned, we are not going to be violent and I believe in Osun State APC will not also be violent.

What is the level of acceptance of PDP in the entire southwest of the country for the forthcoming elections?

I love to be part of southwest. In south west, there is no political party that is not welcomed. South west only have interest in some individuals who can perform and deliver. In south west alone if you are very credible and you go to any
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/yoruba-will-destroy-destiny-voting-buhari-adeniji/
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by fiverrwin(f): 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2015
Another man afraid of lossing his job.
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by Lec25(m): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2015
Oga, i hear you
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by bewla(m): 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
share your salary in to six donate five and tell us how he be
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by goodgood2(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
Nigerians should be wise and continue with this gentleman, called Jonathan.

If Buhari, by some means, wins the election but prematurely leaves power due to "you know", A.bokis won't take it funny; they would feel "cheated" and attack Southerners, especially Yorubas, and put the unity of the country in jeopardy. In summary, Gej till 2019
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by egift(m): 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
So their Destiny is now to follow a drunkard to the Zoo, instead of being 2nd in command and major stake holder in a Buhari's Presidency?

Being silly should have limitation.

It is Buhari all the way joor!
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by spinna: 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
When i saw Benin-Ore...Lagos -Ibadan...Ibadan-Oyo & more...

When i saw the trains ...

when I saw the positive economic rankings

when i (and the world) saw the election that was so good..

when I saw the army cleaned.

smiley

I said ... This guy dey try o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvrhwDBefo
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by reborn1: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
john124:
Yoruba will destroy their destiny by voting for Buhari – Adeniji
February 25, 2015

Engr. Jide Adeniji is the Chairman, Federal Road Maintenance Agency (FERMA) and Secretary of President Goodluck Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organization in the South West. He is also the Osun State Coordinator of the campaign organization. In this interview

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/02/yoruba-will-destroy-destiny-voting-buhari

No wonder.
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
egift:
So their Destiny is now to follow a drunkard to the Zoo, instead of being 2nd in command and major stake holder in a Buhari's Presidency?

Being silly should have limitation.

It is Buhari all the way joor!
So its now based on Sentiments and not who will transform Nigeria,keep dreaming!
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by emperorchedda(m): 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
^^^ if the way mr clueless is ruling is the transform you mean then I'd rather give another a chance and hope he doesn't condone the amount of corruption we've seen in recent times
Re: Yoruba Will Destroy Their Destiny By Voting For Buhari – Adeniji by masseratti: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
See this loriburuku, Oga ferma,dp you know how many lives where list under your watch? With Oyo Ogbomosho road? With tankers falling everyday killing people? We are already relegated in scheme of things so what difference will it make

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers Propose Bill to Give Speaker,Deputy Life Pension,Lavish Benefits / #funnypic# Christiano Ronaldo Wants His Fans To Vote For APC. / Election Results Release By INEC Coalition Officer In Each States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.