Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? (3547 Views)

"The People That Killed Gen. Azazi Tried To Kill T.B Joshua' - Femi Fani Kayode / Why Do APC Members Get Angry When I Post Images Of Buhari / APC Nairalanders Campaigning For GEJ In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Whenever people want to support their argument that GEJ is a supporter of Boko Haram, they say Azazi said PDP = Boko Haram. It makes me believe that many people haven't read the full report. Yes there are Northern elements within the PDP who didn't like the emergence of Jonathan as the president (e.g. Atiku and Kaita), but that cannot be blamed on GEJ. The North is angry with Obasanjo because he sold their mandate by supporting GEJ in 2011 hoping that the foolish looking man will only do one term in office. When GEJ refused to declare for one term, Obasanjo tried to wash his hands off Jonathan via personal attacks on the presidency so he won't carry all the blame.

Jonathan tried to curb Boko Haram Using the same tactics used on the militants But it failed because all they wanted was him out of power by all means and didn't care about his programs. If you had followed the trend, you would have noticed that Boko Haram have never had a clear agenda.
If GEJ had used Force initially, people would have accused him of heavy handedness. The clever man took his time until he got the required national support to use force.
Even if Boko Haram Is defeated in Sambisa, insurgency will not end until Jonathan leaves office because the problem is political and not religious.

See Azazi's full statement below :

The National Security Adviser, Andrew Owoye Azazi has blamed the rise of insurgence by the fundamentalist sect, Boko Haram in the country on the internal wranglings of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and other political parties.

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He added that there is some level of political undertone to the problem.

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

“It takes very long for somebody to be a sniper,” Mr. Azazi said.

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by calaway: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
blind wretched Born to rule people

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by ozoigbondu: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
APC nairaland e-thug branch are fond of twisting words to suit their evil purposes but thank God people are starting to see through their lies and twisting of worfs

3 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by praxisnetworks: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
boko haram is a creation of the PDP!

Azazzi said "PDP is boko haram and boko haram is PDP". QED.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Bloodydemon: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019

6 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Trut(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
Another APC propaganda busted

1 Like

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by kennydee05(m): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Whenever people want to support their argument that GEJ is a supporter of Boko Haram, they say Azazi said PDP = Boko Haram. It makes me believe that many people haven't read the full report. Yes there are Northern elements within the PDP who didn't like the emergence of Jonathan as the president (e.g. Atiku and Kaita), but that cannot be blamed on GEJ. The North is angry with Obasanjo because he sold their mandate by supporting GEJ in 2011 hoping that the foolish looking man will only do one term in office. When GEJ refused to declare for one term, Obasanjo tried to wash his hands off Jonathan via personal attacks on the presidency so he won't carry all the blame.

Jonathan tried to curb Boko Haram Using the same tactics used on the militants But it failed because all they wanted was him out of power by all means and didn't care about his programs. If you had followed the trend, you would have noticed that Boko Haram have never had a clear agenda.
If GEJ had used Force initially, people would have accused him of heavy handedness. The clever man took his time until he got the required national support to use force.
Even if Boko Haram Is defeated in Sambisa, insurgency will not end until Jonathan leaves office because the problem is political and not religious.

The National Security Adviser, Andrew Owoye Azazi has blamed the rise of insurgence by the fundamentalist sect, Boko Haram in the country on the internal wranglings of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and other political parties.

The retired General made this known during the second day of the South-south economic summit where the collapse of the nation’s security challenge was deliberated on.

Tracing the rise of Boko Haram’s attack, the chief security adviser to the president stated that “the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning, from the on-set by saying Mr A can rule, Mr A cannot rule ……according to PDP’s convention, rules and regulation and not according to the constitution and that created the climate for what has manifest itself, this way.”

He also noted that the bombings, suicide attacks and jail breaks that have been raging the northern part of the country “could be traced to the politics of exclusion of the PDP in the region.”

Blaming the notion of anointing candidates and the ‘do or die’ attitude of the political party, Retired General Azazi asked why “is it possible that somebody was thinking that only Mr. A could win, and that if he could not win, there would be problems in this society?”

“Let’s examine all these issues to see whether the level of violence in the North East just escalated because Boko Haram suddenly became better trained, better equipped and better funded, or something else was responsible.”

He affirmed the level of sophistication of the group but also gave assurance that the government is aware of all their doings in a bid to addressing the issue. “I can assure you that Boko Haram can garner that level of sophistication over time, if it has not got it already. There are a lot we know that they are doing, and there are a lot that could be done to address the problem.”

“But, then I must also be quick to point out that today, even if all the leaders that we know in Boko Haram are arrested, I don’t think the problem would end, because there are tentacles. I don’t think that people would be satisfied, because the situations that created the problems are not just about the religion, poverty or the desire to rule Nigeria. I think it’s a combination of everything. Except you address all those things comprehensively, it would not work” he added.

On a final solution, the security adviser discourage just the use of force but called for a collective effort to address the economic problems of the north saying “it is not enough for us to have a problem in 2009 and you send soldiers to stop the situation, then tomorrow you drive everybody underground. You must look at what structures you need to put in place to address the problem holistically. There are economic problems in the North, which are not the exclusive prerogative of the Northerners. We must solve our problems as a country.”

He noted that the relationship between national security and development is inseparable, because “one cannot do without the other” the NSA said.
You should be able to explain these too:
The death of General Azazi and the cover page of a newspaper tagged below? And if not I will not take you serious anymore....
Your justification was a crap

9 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by tobechi20(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
praxisnetworks:
boko haram is a creation of the PDP!

Azazzi said "PDP is boko haram and boko haram is PDP". QED.

but d pdp members are now in apc
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
kennydee05:

You should be able to explain these too:
The death of General Azazi and the cover page of a newspaper tagged below? And if not I will not take you serious anymore....
Your justification was a crap

Jonathan was only trying to be diplomatic...how about GMB who said GEJ should stop killing his people. meanwhile this is the same person nominated to negotiate on behalf of Boko Haram.

Was it Jonathan That nominated GMB to negotiate for Boko Haram?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
Mods...this is not a campaign for GEJ but kindly consider this thread for FP. people need to know the truth.
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by najoke: 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
BlackPeni5:

[s]
Jonathan was only trying to be diplomatic...how about GMB who said GEJ should stop killing his people. meanwhile this is the same person nominated to negotiate on behalf of Boko Haram.

Was it Jonathan That nominated GMB to negotiate for Boko Haram?[/s]

GEJ=Diplomatic shocked
GMB=Terrorist undecided
BlackPeni5=MEGA HYPOCRITE

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by rusher14: 1:26am On Feb 26, 2015
The National Security Adviser, Gen. Owoye Azazi, on Friday in Asaba, Delta State, said the Peoples Democratic Party should be partly blamed for the increasing destruction visited on Nigerians by the Boko Haram sect.

The sect, which operates in the northern part of Nigeria, has claimed responsibility for some bombings in the North, including Nigeria’s seat of power, Abuja.

Azazi, at the second South-South Economic Summit, noted that the ruling party had not acted responsibly in taking the decisions that had security implications for the country.

He made the allegation just as two prominent Americans, Mike Mullen, the 17th Joint Chief of Staff and former Mayor of New York, Rudy Guilliani, who were invited as lead speakers at the event, were turned back by their embassy on their arrival in Lagos for onward journey to Asaba “for security reasons.”

Specifically, the NSA maintained that the rise in the activities of the sect just after the 2011 presidential elections was a pointer to his conclusion that the activities of the Islamic sect might be connected with politics.

The former army chief said the decision of the PDP to exclude certain persons from taking part in the election, contrary to the provisions of the constitution, had assisted in fuelling the sect’s activities.

Azazi emphasised that security issues were being politicised in the country, a development he noted had promoted insecurity in every part of the country.

While tracing the origin of the sect and the inability of successive leaders to halt its activities, Azazi said, “Some people were wearing white garments 22 years ago and calling themselves Republic of Afghanistan in the North and some people said they were only keeping to their religion and that there was nothing wrong.

“We try to play the ostrich and think things will blow over. I believe we should stop the politicisation of security issues in Nigeria.”

How come the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until the public declaration of the people that were going to contest election by the PDP? And I would also like to say this, though the PDP people will not agree with me, they would like to attack me, but I hope they do it in private.

“PDP got it wrong from the beginning by saying Mr. A can go and Mr. B cannot go and these decisions were made without looking at the constitution.”

Azazi submitted that there was a strong link between the resurgence of violence in the northern region and the last set of elections that were held in the country

He added, “I believe there is a strong element of politicisation of the crisis, where some people were assured that they would win 80 per cent and they did not win.

“Is it not amazing that after the elections the Boko Haram became better trained, better armed and better funded. But I can assure you that Boko Haram could not have that kind of sophistication without a backing.”

According to the army General, arresting the leaders of the sect would not completely erase the group because their activities had given birth to other branches of violence, which would continue to raise their heads.

“Today, if you arrest all the leaders of Boko Haram, I don’t think the problem would end, because the situation that created the sect has not been tackled e.g. poverty and the desire (of some people) to rule Nigeria. These issues cannot be isolated unless they are handled comprehensively.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/nsa-blames-pdp-for-boko-haram-crisis/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/boko-haram-azazi-was-right/
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Truckpusher(m): 1:35am On Feb 26, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Don't waste your time on these amala and ewedu dumbshiits.

Their destiny is in the hands of the north they dare not question it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by aminashy: 1:54am On Feb 26, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Obaiyski(m): 7:09am On Feb 26, 2015
Mods abeg FP... No wonder this election is different as if it's do or die affair
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:55am On Feb 26, 2015
tobechi20:

but d pdp members are now in apc
Say what you know. Which of those PDP members is in APC? Lawal Kaita who said Nigeria would be made ungovernable should Jonathan wins is still in the BoT of PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2015
The bottom line is, those "northerners" are in PDP. Simple!
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The bottom line is, those "northerners" are in PDP. Simple!

True that some of them are in PDP. Some of them have also decamped to APC.

My point is, if we know that the North (Both PDP and APC) formed Boko Haram to disrupt Jonathan's government, then why are was still accusing Jonathan of sponsoring the terrorist organisation.

Just doesn't make any sense.
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2015
Trut:
Another APC propaganda busted
shut up he said pdp are d founders of boko haram.simple.hw abt a bastard bursting ur sister

1 Like

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by omenka(m): 8:28am On Feb 26, 2015
BlackPeni5:

Diplomatic my rump! cheesycheesy. Shekau and the rest of them are his siblings, end of story! cheesy

By the way, it is a norm around the world for rebel groups and terrorists/enemies of states to nominate men of integrity to negotiate on their behalf when they want to talk to the government. They know these men would be honest with them and honest with the government about their demands. Buhari is one of such few men we have in this country and that explains why he was reportedly chosen; and don't forget, he declined the gesture.

Now, have you forgotten the Niger Delta militants chose Wole Soyinka when they wanted to talk to the government?? Does that make Soyinka their sponsor?? Capital NO!! They did because he's a man of integrity and they believe they can trust him to be honest with them and the government. smiley

Lastly, I think your siggy sums up the crap you posted up there. You have no fvcking idea! grin
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 26, 2015
najoke:

GEJ=Diplomatic shocked
GMB=Terrorist undecided
BlackPeni5=MEGA HYPOCRITE
and ur father? A bastid
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by dridowu: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2015
"PDP is boko haram, boko haram is PDP"..................................Andrew Azazi (PDP Appointee)
"Boko Haram are fighting for justice".................................Bamangar Tukur (Immediate Past National Chairman Of PDP)
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by najoke: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2015
chigo93:
and ur father? A bastid
I don't know you and you dont know me and you feel abusing my dad will move me.....try harder foo.l
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by egift(m): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2015

Something that happened recently, the OP now wants to re-write history to hide PDP's engineering work in Boko Haram. It will not work. Below is the video too:

PDP = Boko Haram - QED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HfkH82TaEk

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by egift(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2015
All the PDP spin doctors, when you are done, you can read the report as well.

Azazi blames Boko Haram attacks on PDP
http://www.channelstv.com/2012/04/27/azazi-blames-boko-haram-attacks-on-pdp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by anigbajumo(m): 9:03am On Feb 26, 2015
Sai Buhari sai Baba

2 Likes

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2015
BlackPeni5:

True that some of them are in PDP. Some of them have also decamped to APC.

My point is, if we know that the North (Both PDP and APC) formed Boko Haram to disrupt Jonathan's government, then why are was still accusing Jonathan of sponsoring the terrorist organisation.

Just doesn't make any sense.
Mention the ones that decamped to APC that were against Jonathan in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mention the ones that decamped to APC that were against Jonathan in 2011.

Atiku Abubakar.
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by mikolo80: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2015
BlackPeni5:

why don't you look for the video that we all watched and heard and try saying this nonsense with a straight face.What he said verbatim is pdp is boko haram and boko haram is pdp . My dad said he was finished from that moment on(didi not know they were going to kill the mumu)
Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by egift(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=BlackPeni5 post=31097972][/quote]

Have you watched this video?

Re: Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? by BlackPeni5: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

Have you watched this video?

“the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until when there was a declaration by the current president that he was going to contest.”

Even GEJ himself stated that elements of Boko Haram are in his government. Like I said earlier, Boko Haram is a political formation of the North. Even the PDP Northerners will prefer Buhari than Jonathan because it is all about returning power to the North.

(1) (Reply)

How FG Cheated Lagos State On Dedicated 230MW IPP Deal / In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. / My 11 Personal Facts About Fulanis!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.