Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! (532 Views)

Help!! We're At The Verge Of Being Thrown Out. / ... / Since We're Males, Does That Mean We're Given A Free Pass To Cheat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! by opustjk: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
My cousin BELEMA..or "Belems"( please don't call her that,she hates it) is getting married in about a month.Her fiance's name is Tony.

Anyway, Belema and Tony recently found out that the're both AS(GENO TYPE).

Now, I know what you're thinking (Opus Don come again oh! How can they want to get married and not know their GENO TYPES?I mean..Who does that right??)

Well, here's the scenario.
Tony and Belema have been dating for about a year now.Like all relationships,they've had their fair share of drama(nothing serious) they love each other and sh#t happens!!

Tony is an only child,and for all intents and purposes thought he was AA for as long as he could remember(if the test results from a neighbourhood clinic is anything to go by)

And to be honest,you'd be amazed the number of people out there Who don't know their GENO-TYPE(don't get me started on that)
Anyway,armed with this info,Tony looks Belema(the love of his life)in the eye and tells her he is AA.

Well,fastforward to about a year later,Tony engages Belema.
Then came the Introduction(which was a little tedious)
Then they set a date for the wedding.After that they ran through crazy wedding arrangements;catering,wedding dress(Belema insisted on a BIG reception venue........women eh??)

After that came marriage counseling and "mandatory"medical screening.
Well,test results came out and BAM!!Tony's AS!!

I asked my heart broken cousin what she was going to do about it,she said,
"I don't care, Opus!!!Tony is the love of my life!"

At that point,there was a blackout.The living room was instantly cast into darkness
"Up NEPA!!"came the annoying voice of my neighbour from outside the window (the idiot celebrated everything;Christmas,easter,Valentine's day and blackouts....I mean who does that?)

"We're getting married,"Belema went on.she seemed oblivious to the darkness around us.
"Jesus is in control" she concluded.

"hmmm!"I said thoughtfully.

"So......Belema,what are you going to do?"I asked again as the lights came back on.

"Up NEPA!!!"the lunatic went again.Seriously??

"Tony wants to go ahead."she Said finally after a long silence.

"....with God all things are possible"she concluded with an awkward smile.

Long story short,they've decided to STILL get married.

According to articles I've read on the subject there's a 25% probability of "birthing" a child with SS GENO-TYPE when an AS couple gets married.

I've heard of procedures(expensive procedures)to prevent AS couples from having SS infants.
I must tell you sha,that there are few things more traumatic and heartbreaking than taking care of an SS person.

It's painful to watch.

But aside from all this,I believe in the power of the almighty. I also believe in love.

But if I were in their shoes,I probably WOULDNT go ahead with the wedding.

But that's just me.

What do you think?

Life's a choice my friend
Choose wisely
Enough said

i blog at www.opustjkwrites..com
Re: Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! by tommysparks: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
If they have up to 10million and a donor they can opt for bone marrow transplant to fix it UBTH does the procedure. But if they got no such cash and no compatible donor, then they better look for some other mates.
Re: Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! by Dyt(f): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Should We Get Maried??we're Both AS(GENO-TYPE)!! by yhusiee(f): 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2015
As a kid, I knw ma genotype, blood group, n even rhesus. I remember I repeated ds tests severally n d results all turned out d same. When I ws abt 2 enta Uni, I ran d test again, n guess wt; d result ws different. I eventually discovered drz a mistake wt d uni result. My point is ds: der myt b sm mix up smwhr. Dey shld run d tests in, @ least, half a dozen different places 2 b sure. If they really r nt compatible in dt aspect, dey jst hv 2 break up. I knww it willl b heart breaking bu its a far much beta hrtbrk dan watchin ur kids suffer n probably die a painful death.
By d way, @OP, ds post reads lyk an extract frm a novel.

(1) (Reply)

Mums Skip The Serious Attitude For Once And Have Fun With Your Kids. / When African Parents Buy You Oversize Shoes / Family Of Seven Burnt To Death As Fire Engulf Building: Details+photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.