Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients (23907 Views)

Ondo Trauma & Surgical Centre Built By Mimiko (Photos) / Nigerian Scientist Presents Ebola Vaccine Report In France / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by cisplatin: 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
And dis country is sickening. Very irritatin and depressin. My friend told me how a pregnant woman died on operatin table becos a common drug was not available. The relatives and public will of cos blame d doctors. The doctors blame d management. The management blame the govt. The govt does not care! Also we Nigerians need to change wen we r in nigeria. Am sure the op will still suffer wat naija docs suffer if she were in naija, both in terms of their attitude to issues and the corruption issues. We nigerians tend to behave better wen we leave the country. No wonder some say it is a failed nation. Cos we dont just lack infrstructures, we lack d positive mentalities needed to build a viable society. No patriotism. No sense of nationhood. Thats why everybody cares only 4 demselves and not d society, from d top politicians to d man on d street.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by ebosse(m): 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Softly, softly....we health workers are not all wicked.

You are actually right... The nicest uncle I have happens to be a doctor.

But the bad *heads* are not making it easy for you guys.. The ratio of bad/good doctors is 15:1 ... Isn't the doctor's no1 responsibility to save lives?? Abi no be some doctors dey carry leg go work for thick African rural communities for next to nothing .....

Fact, most doctors (15:1) don't actually care enough, they don't make the much needed efforts to save lives anymore...

Of course ,most of our hospitals are not equipped to handle some situations but the underperformance of most health workers (coupled with their rigid and rude manners towards their patients) has made it extremely hard for Nigerians not to believe the fault lies with the health workers.

FYI, I think health workers should be paid more than any other profession, but the rude, shocking & nonchalant attitude with which these so-called health workers practice these days I don't think they should get half of what they are currently getting.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by cisplatin: 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
Again many doctors are frustrated, dats a fact. The profession isnt wat they expected. The sleepless nyts, d lack of social lives, the pecuniary expectations, the internal issues within d profession such as the dehumanising treatments they get from their senior coleagues, harsh treatments and judgements sometimes from the majority of d public etc. The fact dat sometimes d patients dnt understand why she is left unattended to in her pains from eg a cut on the hand, only 4 d doc to focus on d speechless "painless" man with low sugar who has just be brought in. But the fact is dat no matter everythin, a doctor who truly has the right personality and attitude needed for d profession will mostly generate positive reactions from their contacts. So doctor need re orientation too. But d whole country needs it more
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by ebosse(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
@ bushdoc9919

The Doc told my Dad he had diabetes, we later got to find out he had cancer. If only the doc knew what he was doing my Dad would 'Probably' still be alive.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by naijafresh: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:
Shebi you folks talk about them mago mago that happens university admissions?
Do you folks think there is no magomago in medical school admissions?
Think again
The same man know man occurs there
Dunces wey no suppose do animal science are ending up in medical school because the list from the governor,president,commissioner,dean ,provost,Chairaman MAC and vice chancellor must be honored
And when they get in,they have to graduate
You fall suck,the mumu blockhead is treating you
Gone are the days when the brightest with the highest scores got in
It is now a matter of who you know
And we wonder why patients are dying of treatable ailments

What goes around comes around..
Nigerian doctors are a product of Nigerian society, you bribe your way in school, university, on the road, at the airport and everywhere you go and you expect Nigerian doctors to be different?

Nigerian doctors are living the same hustle that everyone else lives in Nigeria..
Swap doctor for banker, policeman, immigration officer, banker and you and the fundamentals are the same.. Poor pay, low morale, corruption, greed, selfishness, poor leadership etc

Change starts from the top and starts from within. No one person can change society.

People always complain when hospitals ask for money upfront. Are they a charity? When you rushed your collapsed relative to the hospital and you saw they couldn't treat her why did you stay? If you go to the bank and the building is on fire will you stay to collect your money because you have money there?
Moreover can you get anything for free in society? Even what is your right you have to pay for.. That's Nigeria for you.

All of you that complain are the same whether you're the rude banker, the graduate with a first class who can't speak English, the government worker who doesn't show up for work, the petrol attendant shortchanging customers or the businessman who doesn't pay tax.

Sorry but that's life, that's nigeria for you ..

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by naijafresh: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
armadeo:

Sorry for your loss, however I must ask what was your aunt doing in a hospital for 4 days on admission with no dr in sight. Who then treated her for the 4 days.

Good question, if you went to the airport to travel for an urgent meeting and you heard there was no plane or pilot in sight would you wait for 4 days?
You need to take responsibility for your own health and destiny.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
naijafresh:

What goes around comes around..
Nigerian doctors are a product of Nigerian society, you bribe your way in school, university, on the road, at the airport and everywhere you go and you expect Nigerian doctors to be different?

Nigerian doctors are living the same hustle that everyone else lives in Nigeria..
Swap doctor for banker, policeman, immigration officer, banker and you and the fundamentals are the same.. Poor pay, low morale, corruption, greed, selfishness, poor leadership etc

Change starts from the top and starts from within. No one person can change society.

People always complain when hospitals ask for money upfront. Are they a charity? When you rushed your collapsed relative to the hospital and you saw they couldn't treat her why did you stay? If you go to the bank and the building is on fire will you stay to collect your money because you have money there?
Moreover can you get anything for free in society? Even what is your right you have to pay for.. That's Nigeria for you.

All of you that complain are the same whether you're the rude banker, the graduate with a first class who can't speak English, the government worker who doesn't show up for work, the petrol attendant shortchanging customers or the businessman who doesn't pay tax.

Sorry but that's life, that's nigeria for you ..

Didn't you just confirm my conclusions?
Hahahahaha
People start off attacking my post only to agree with the post in the body of their posts
Na wa
Didn't I say these exact things in my own words?
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
But is the op lying?

Hahahahaha
Looks like the butchering doctors are getting the most offended
Do I care?
A disoriented patient went to a doctor in Nigeria after running their so called tests they decided the man had an enlarged prostate and scheduled him for surgery with a urologist
I said OMG shocked shocked shocked
Can't you people see patient is not well oriented?
Shouldn't you be looking somewhere upstairs not inside his blokoss
Is he complaining of problem with urination?
What man over 50 doesn't have some enlargement in his prostate?
What happened to the chief complaint?
These people prey on people's ignorance
The doctor told the family the toxins from his prostate could be causing the disorientation shocked shocked
what are they really saying?
I need my cut before the man dies
Biko pay the money let me yank off his prostate and you carry your patient elsewhere to die
Naija medicine na waya o
If you can afford it please take your loved one elsewhere
Nigerian doctors are dangerous,most of them
When you weed off the clueless,the heartless ,the clueless and heartless,only a handful is left
Once you can pay they keep you and find something to do

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
I went home sometime ago and my MIL brought me a bag of her medications
Chei
She had over 5 eye drops
All the names on the bottles scratched off by the wicked nigerian doctors
The meds on the sachets without a name just how to take it
Some of the tablets were already disintegrating ,tells you of their age,I threw them away and asked her to stop taking them.

No one had a clue what she was taking
Only the wicked doctors and their staff knew
But the patient is required to come monthly for check up to be billed and to refill their medications of God knows what
They hide what it is so patient doesn't go get it somewhere cheaper if someone smarter doesn't question their dubious ways because the meds are probably placebo

Placed a call to ask the doctor what my MIL was taking and what he was treating,the phone slammed in my face
They hate people calling them out on their fraudulent ways
Where are those butchers attacking me,do you swear that you and your colleagues don't treat your patients the way I just described ?
I know what goes on there very very well

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by SIRTee15: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
[quote babyosisi post=31549554]

Yes!

I have answered the only intelligent question posed
No single hospital anywhere in the USA will turn a patient who shows up at the emergency room away
[/quote]

Abeg, softly, softly
American healthcare system is not eldorado as u are trying to paint it.
Americans are also complaining about their healthcare system
americans who live close to Canadian border now cross over to canada to assess healthcare services like drugs, investigations, basic surgical procedures etc because its much more cheaper and same quality.
Most dentist who live near the Mexican border are moving their facilities to mexico to avoid bureaucracy associated with the burdensome and expensive healthcare industry.
I read an article where a lady accused the medical staffs in a us hospital of worsening her child's condition when on admission. The hospital ignored her complaints and even threatened her. She took her child and left for mexico without proper discharge. The issue was national news in the u.s that time. Most comments I read online supported the woman's action. They described medical staffs as heartless and wicked people. Some even said she will get a better treatment in mexico. I think the child had cancer.
A friend of mine who lives in Carolina complained to me how she paid more for an investigation via her health insurance. She said she would have paid just a third of the amount if she had no insurance and had paid directly from her pocket.
Small wonder most Americans now prefer to have no form of health insurance. At least nobody will scam them of their hard earned money.
And I hope u know most Americans belief health workers like u are the biggest beneficiary of their health insurance premium.
Thus a growing resentment against doctors and other health care workers.
I don't need to tell u about Medicare and Medicaid that's on the verge of collapse once China stop lending u guys money.
Just pray Hilary Clinton wins the next presidential election, or else the republicans will come with their voucher card health care payment that will definitely be rationed.
Then we
will see how nice and happy american doctors will be to treat people for free.
And if I may ask u
Why are american doctors and nurses against obamacare?
A noble idea that intends to give a universal healthcare coverage to all Americans simply wants to go down the drain because of the greed and selfishness of some few.
A few ingrates that babyosis represents.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by naijafresh: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Didn't you just confirm my conclusions?
Hahahahaha
People start off attacking my post only to agree with the post in the body of their posts
Na wa
Didn't I say these exact things in my own words?

Your OP contains certain truths but is flawed by generalisation and perhaps poor attention to the root of the problem in the narrative so came across as biased and sentimental rather than constructive.

Nigerian doctors are first and foremost Nigerian so they will give you Nigerian style treatment just like the appalling tretament you get from a Nigerian banker in a Nigerian bank and the list is endless.

I attempted to address this by constructively addressing certain points you made. I do not state there is no problem but rather the problem is multifactorial.

When all the basic problems of funding, regulation, leadership and training are addressed as is the case to a degree in western hospitals, Nigerian doctors are much better at their jobs. They however may lapse because certain attitudes are hard to get rid of and that's when you hear about them in the news.
There are more Nigerian doctors outside than within Nigeria. Many of them have previously worked in Nigeria. They must be getting something right if they are able to get jobs abroad.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
Comparing any country's healthcare to Nigeria's is funny
People are now going from Nigeria to nearby Ghana for care FYI
When I was in the university, Ghanaian and Cameroonian doctors were trained in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by naijafresh: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
SIRTee15:

Abeg, softly, softly
American healthcare system is not eldorado as u are trying to paint it.
Americans are also complaining about their healthcare system
americans who live close to Canadian border now cross over to canada to assess healthcare services like drugs, investigations, basic surgical procedures etc because its much more cheaper and same quality.
Most dentist who live near the Mexican border are moving their facilities to mexico to avoid bureaucracy associated with the burdensome and expensive healthcare industry.
I read an article where a lady accused the medical staffs in a us hospital of worsening her child's condition when on admission. The hospital ignored her complaints and even threatened her. She took her child and left for mexico without proper discharge. The issue was national news in the u.s that time. Most comments I read online supported the woman's action. They described medical staffs as heartless and wicked people. Some even said she will get a better treatment in mexico. I think the child had cancer.
A friend of mine who lives in Carolina complained to me how she paid more for an investigation via her health insurance. She said she would have paid just a third of the amount if she had no insurance and had paid directly from her pocket.
Small wonder most Americans now prefer to have no form of health insurance. At least nobody will scam them of their hard earned money.
And I hope u know most Americans belief health workers like u are the biggest beneficiary of their health insurance premium.
Thus a growing resentment against doctors and other health care workers.
I don't need to tell u about Medicare and Medicaid that's on the verge of collapse once China stop lending u guys money.
Just pray Hilary Clinton wins the next presidential election, or else the republicans will come with their voucher card health care payment that will definitely be rationed.
Then we
will see how nice and happy american doctors will be to treat people for free.
And if I may ask u
Why are american doctors and nurses against obamacare?
A noble idea that intends to give a universal healthcare coverage to all Americans simply wants to go down the drain because of the greed and selfishness of some few.
A few ingrates that babyosis represents.

No system is perfect
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
A relative of mine nearly died at one Nigerian FMC but for my mom
Woman is a diabetic
Rushed to the hospital for an emergency and they proceeded to put dextrose saline down her vein but mom arrived just in time to tell them patient was diabetic.
That is how nigerian doctors kill patients
I have warned everyone I know unless you cannot eat or have low blood pressure you don't need that stupid drip they hang and pour in
It has killed many people before their time

They have pumped people with HBP and failed kidneys with saline in drips and killed them
Countless people
People who walked in with both feet ,killed out of incompetence and malpractice

Where did we get that nigerian idea that every patients on admission must have a drip?
Not to administer IV drugs o,not as a surgical prep,not a patient in shock
But as a cure
Only in Nigeria
Walk in as a patient into any nigerian hospital next thing someone is looking for your vein,not to draw blood for test but to put in a drip
It is the first thing they whip out and the patient thinks it is the cure
Those drips can kill and they have killed many
If a patient can eat and drink he needs no drips( as they call it)
But they won't tell Nigerians that part it will spoil business

Walk in to an American hospital for treatment ,first thing they do after history are your vital signs ,then a finger stick and they ask for a urine sample.
But in Nigeria they don't do that
It's almost a thing to boast about that the patient has taken 4 bottles of drips

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by omonnakoda: 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
cisplatin:
Some of the OP's comments r true, bt nt to d extent she exaggerates them. She also reasons wt a lot of prejudice, which hs affected d credibility of her assertions. She needs to improve on her critical reasoning skills and on skills about constructive criticisms, so dat she can pass her points across intelligently. Cos despite that she has made some points, her comments and responses appear highly sentimental and not based on facts. A foreigner readin dis would think either we dont get sick in naija, or dat we r all dead already.
In short she no get sense

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by omonnakoda: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/07/30/doctors-death-part-one.aspx

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
Another relative was sick and had surgery
I called home,mom how is he doing?
Response was that the surgical scar was healing
Mom that is not my question,what was the diagnosis what surgery was it?
Patient doesn't know
Family doesn't know
Doctor wouldn't tell
All they knew was that surgery was done in his belly and patient had been discharged and is feeling better
How does a doctor treat a patient without the patient knowing what is being treated?
Later I found out they took out a tumor and sent it for histopathology
By the time the result came back months later patient had deteriorated badly and was at the verge of death
Only in Nigeria
Nobody cares
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
T
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by omonnakoda: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
EVERY HOUR IN THE YOUESSAY 25 PEOPLE ARE KILLED BY A DOCTOR ERROR
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
omonnakoda:
Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/07/30/doctors-death-part-one.aspx

Did you bother to read the article before rushing in to quote it Hahahahaha

12,000 -- unnecessary surgery
7,000 -- medication errors in hospitals
20,000 -- other errors in hospitals
80,000 -- infections in hospitals
106,000 -- non-error, negative effects of drugs

186K have nothing to do with the doctors
Tell me what percentage is left

A least they keep records,where is yours?
No documentations
No autopsies
No causes of death
Blame it on the enemies
We don't even know how many people live in the people-forsaken space

Go check the infant and maternal death rates and life expectancy
That is the true test of a country

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
omonnakoda:
EVERY HOUR IN THE YOUESSAY 25 PEOPLE ARE KILLED BY A DOCTOR ERROR

And yet Nigerians are rushing there when sick
Hahahahahahaha
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by armadeo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
9jatatafo:

Imagine the doctor tell my wife say diabetes dey communicable, say my wife fit contract the condition from me through sex!!!! I fear the man. He just like money too much. Later I meet and tell am say I go report am to NMA. I bow for am ooo. FBS that time na 1k 4 times a week. The metformin he dey administer, he nor gree tell me the name.

Guy you have been consulting a herbalist. grin grin

Or some dude called Joe.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by omonnakoda: 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Did you bother to read the article before rushing in to quote it

No documentations
No autopsies
We don't even know how many people live in the people forsaken space
186K have nothing to do with doctors? Who is responsible for prescribing drugs and curbing infection. You seem filled wit self loathing
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by ceyrahtlk(f): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Yes!

I have answered the only intelligent question posed
No single hospital anywhere in the USA will turn a patient who shows up at the emergency room away

Hmmm. Babyosisi, in the name of arguments, let's not put each other down. It is uncalled for.
You sincerely mean all the other questions I asked aren't 'intelligent'? I thought there are 3 levels of delay to seeking health care and that the patient factor is of utmost importance. Don't you think the chances of survival will increase if patients sought health care early?
However, concerning the 'only' intelligent question you claimed to have answered, I came in contact with CHARITY CARE which caters for the uninsured in the USA, the fact remains that somebody ALWAYS pays. Is this the case in Nigeria? Read it up here:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_care
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by SIRTee15: 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
naijafresh:

No system is perfect

I'm not sure she shares this same sentiment with u.
As far she's concerned
The demon eats and dine with Nigerian doctors, while american healthcare workers are next to God.
I wish I can browse and dig out that article I wrote about.
Come and see as Americans were hurling insults at people the op wants us to worship.
They said all they care about is payment and how much of it they can get off u irrespective of treatment outcome.
What shocked me was that they supported the idea of the woman getting a better and cheaper treatment for her daughter in mexico.
They assured her of getting her money's worth in mexico than us.

Comparing a health system of a developing country to that of a developed country is simply illogical.
The challenges are different and approach at finding solution is also not the same.
The problem of Nigerian healthcare system is not incompetence of the healthcare workers.
The same doctors and nurses leave the shores of this country and practice efficiently elsewhere.
The bane of the problem lies in lack of organisation and accountability.
And the above two permeates all sectors in this country.

That's why immigration can organise interview for candidates in a stadium of all places and yet nobody was held responsible for the aftermath chaos.
When people are not held accountable for their actions, abuse is inevitable.
And that's the greed, corruption, nepotism, non challance u see everywhere.

If you've been to a hospital where things work.
Its not because there are better doctors or nurses.
Its because there's a head who doesn't tolerates rubbish. He makes sure people are held accountable for their actions.
I have worked in one of such hospitals before.
As a doctor, u dare not say because u re not on call u won't attend to an emergency.
That's suicidal.
Patients are not kept waiting in casualty overnight. Once they are stabilized , they are moved to the wards where the management team takes over.
U don't push emergency surgeries to the next day.
O&G Consultants on call sleep overnight.

I worked there for 3 years and we only recorded a case of maternal mortality. The confidence women had in our O&G docs was very high.
A consultant had been sacked before for being slothful in his duty.

I know the op is a staunch GEJ supporter.
If only he can provide us with this kind of no nonsense leadership we all crave for.
Maybe then people will sit up and take their duty seriously.
In this country, i know every maternal mortality case should be reported to the presidency.
If the presidency decides to take action on this cases and enacts strict disciplinary measures
Then maybe every doctor all over the country will try their very best not to incur the wrath of the president.
But as I wrote earlier, when people are not held accountable for their action, abuse is inevitable.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by SIRTee15: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Did you bother to read the article before rushing in to quote it Hahahahaha

No documentations
No autopsies
No causes of death
Blame it on the enemies
We don't even know how many people live in the people-forsaken space

Go check the infant and maternal death rates and life expectancy
That is the true test of a country

I hope u know what nosocomial infection is all about.
Because if u do, u won't exonerate healthcare workers
BTW its now called healthcare workers associated infections. HAI.
read about it.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by allycat: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
I to interesting when I read comments of Nigerian-American medical personnel castigating their home based collegues. Let them come home and do the miracles. The Lakeshore Cancer Centre that treated DJ Fola that people have been cursing out doesn't have a single home based consultant. The two Nigerians are both American based while the other 8 are all foreigners based in the US. But now they are practicing in Nigeria and they have become useless Nigerrian doctors according to Nairalanders. I presently am working with a doctor that came for sabbatical from the UK and has been here for a year. When he sees patients privately he charges 3 x what the regular Nigierian collegue charges, for the same procedures done with the same equipment we use. And Nigerians are willing to pay because he is from the UK. He is already fustrated and getting ready to go back to the UK. He cannot understand how we function at all. He was supposed to spend two years but is going back after one year. Please all you perfect oversea doctors come back home and practice I am sure you can find perfect nurses and laboratory and othe support staff like yourselves to come and set up state of the heart hospitals which will handle all emergencies without first asking for money or police reports and transform our health sector.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by allycat: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sorry it is interesting not I to interesting.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
SIRTee15:

I hope u know what nosocomial infection is all about.
Because if u do, u won't exonerate healthcare workers
BTW its now called healthcare workers associated infections. HAI.
read about it.

Tisha no tish me nansense
If 5 per thousand die of nosocomial infection in the USA with all the aseptic ways
Probably 700 out of 1k will die of same in Nigeria with the non existent hygiene
A country where cholera,dysentery and typhoid are endemic
Diseases a medic in the USA may never treat in the course of their entire career
Has anyone seen a doctor or nurse in Nigeria wash their hands from patient to patient
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by SIRTee15: 6:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Tisha no tish me nansense
If 5 per thousand die of nosocomial infection in the USA with all the aseptic ways
Probably 700 out of 1k will die of same in Nigeria with the non existent hygiene
A country where cholera,dysentery and typhoid are endemic
Diseases a medic in the USA may never treat in the course of their entire career
Has anyone seen a doctor or nurse in Nigeria wash their hands from patient to patient

Really
So doctors in the u.s don't get to treat MRSA, VRE, ESBL producing organisms, CDI, VAP.....
No wonder nosocomial infections kill 90,000 americans yearly......
U see urself now
Go and read about nosocomial infections, u no gree.
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
SIRTee15:

Really
So doctors in the u.s don't get to treat MRSA, VRE, ESBL producing organisms, CDI, VAP.....
No wonder nosocomial infections kill 90,000 americans yearly......
U see urself now
Go and read about nosocomial infections, u no gree.

The difference is that is that here it has a name and is treated (your own words o)
In your country even the doctor will tell you to contact your pastor or babalawo for help grin grin grin
Or ask you to go to Ghana
Huge difference between night and day
Re: The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.IMRT.IN

Infant mortality rate in Nigeria worse that Rwanda,Afghanistan,Niger republic,guinea,Kenya,Liberia,Mozambique,Senegal,Pakistan,Togo,Sudan,Tanzania,Ghana,equatorial guinea

That means you have more chances of not surviving as a baby in Nigeria than in any of those countries
Giant of Africa my nyash

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A New Mysterious Illness Hits India, Hundreds Of People Land In Hospital / How To Distinguish Natural Honey And Artificial Honey / UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.