Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday (1517 Views)

Party Leaders Attend 2017 National Political Summit In Abuja (Photos) / Buhari Owes Jonathan, Obasanjo, IBB, Gowon, Shagari 10 months Allowances - SR / Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan attended Shehu Shagari’s birthday ceremony in Sokoto along with former Presidents and Heads of State.
Former President, Shehu Shagari turned 90 today, February 25, and held a party to mark the milestone in Sokoto State.
President Goodluck Jonathan attended the ceremony along with former Presidents and Heads of State.
The former leaders present at the ceremony include Ernest Shonekan, Ibrahim Babangida, Yakubu Gowon and Abdulsalam Abubakar.
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo was also present at the event.
Shagari was born February 25, 1925 and he served as President of Nigeria’s Second Republic from 1979 -1983

http://www..ng/2015/02/26/president-jonathanobasanjo-and-other-former-leaders-attend-shagaris-90-birthday-photos/

Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
more pictures

Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2015
all the past leaders came i wish buhari meet shagari again before comtesting but he didnt show up
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 8:59am On Feb 27, 2015
real nigerian leaders
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by Eluwilussit(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
God bless Shagari and give him many more years. Happy Birthday President Shehu Shagari.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eluwilussit:
God bless Shagari and give him many more years. Happy Birthday President Shehu Shagari.

yes the face of true elder state man

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by aayanwalejoe: 4:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=robosky02 post=31111429]

more pictures

So it's not only Obasanjo nd Buhari dat's Ex-president in Nigeria dat's alive?................why is it only Obasanjo that's threatning nd rubbishing GEJ goverment?.....me jst dey ask ni o
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
more pictures

Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
MOD can you do the needfull

let nigerians celebrate our heroes past
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=aayanwalejoe post=31141186][/quote]

ask him well
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
meanwhile obasanjo has given reason why he came late for the birthday:

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied media reports that he deliberately arrived late at the birthday celebration of former President Shehu Shagari, after the departure of other past leaders and President Goodluck Jonathan.

President Shagari’s 90th birthday was marked with an unusual fanfare Wednesday with President Jonathan and all former Nigerian leaders, except Muhammadu Buhari, in attendance.

Mr. Obasanjo arrived only after his colleagues had left after the cutting of the birthday cake, fuelling media speculation he deliberately delayed the trip to avoid a meeting with Mr. Jonathan, who has faced a barrage of criticisms from him ahead of elections in March.

But the former president denied snubbing the president and other past leaders, saying he had no cause to backtrack on what they all agreed to do together in Mr. Shagari’s honour.

Mr. Obasanjo said it was “unfortunate” he arrived President Shagari’s home Sokoto late, and blamed a traffic gridlock in Lagos for the delay.

“I have read with dismay the imputation of some section of the media to the unfortunate incident of my not being able to be with my colleagues at the birthday celebration of President Shehu Shagari on Monday 25 February,” Mr. Obasanjo said in a statement Friday.

“Leaving Abeokuta at 6:45am and hoping to fly out of Lagos airport at 8:30am, to Sokoto, we ran into a very bad traffic hold-up that made me get to Lagos airport at 10:45am.”

Mr. Obasanjo accused the media of failing to report his apologies to Mr. Shagari during the visit.
“I did not arrive at Shagari’s house until about mid-day by which time the team of my colleagues had left. It is a pity that the media did not report my profuse apologies to both Shagari and other colleagues when I spoke at Shagari’s house.
“I had no cause to dodge, avoid or snub my colleagues for what we all agreed to do together,” he said.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=219366
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Jonathan uniting the past and the future
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by Eluwilussit(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
robosky02:

yes the face of true elder state man

I love Shagari. He is such a gentleman. A true elder statesman. God bless Shagari.
Re: Jonathan,obasanjo And Other Former Leaders Attend Shagari’s 90 Birthday by robosky02(m): 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
the celebrant true elder.

the hero/leader nigerians will always remeber

first civilian president

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt In The Just Concluded INEC Election / Boko Haram: How Abuja Minister, Bala Mohammed, Sacked, Humiliated Idps To Please / Lagos Assembly Man, Sola Giwa Celebrates Birthday With Orphans, Sick Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.