Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Open If You Care About Others. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Open If You Care About Others. (512 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open If You Care About Others. by Abosi31(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
Do you know the person in the photo below? No you don't. If you do, do you know any other thing about him other than him being dead?
His name is Augustine Baker, he worked as a volunteer in an orphanage in Freetown, Sierra Leone.

Not just any kind of orphanage. This one, St. George Foundation Orphanage specialized in taking care of children who were orphaned by the deadly Ebola Virus.

According to BBC, Augustine Baker walked into villages where the epidemic thrived, to find orphans, and arranged for them to be brought back to the orphanage, so they will be taken care of.

Augustine Baker died yesterday of the same disease he protected children from. The reason why you have not heard of him is because only about four websites carried the news. I guess escapedmydiary is the fifth.

We love and respect you, Augustine- where ever you are, and even if you lie unsung in your grave, know that we heard of your selfless work. You are one of those my father told me about when he said, "The real heroes are not the ones you see on TV. They are just there, right beside you, waiting for recognition."

Culled from www.escapedmydiary..com

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Creative Event Planners / Good News You Can Feature In My Magazine / Event Planner And Coordinators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.