Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN (1425 Views)

Pearl Cardy Blasted For Showing Undies In Sheer Outfit [PICS] / Ini Edo VS Lupita Nyong'o: Who Rocked It Better? / Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Oscars Dress Stolen From Her Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
Lupita Nyongo wore a fabulous $150,000 dress to the Oscars (That's 30,348,273.00 Naira). The 31-year-old wore the custom Calvin Klein gown that featured 6,000 pearls to the 87th annual awards ceremony on Sunday.
It is understood the show-stopping outfit was stolen out of her room at The London hotel in West Hollywood.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2970553/Lupita-Nyong-o-s-150k-pearl-Oscar-dress-STOLEN-Hollywood-hotel-room.html#ixzz3SsCdLBrF

Some guys don hammer I swear!

Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by eluquenson(m): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2015
Nothing personal against Lupita. It is the height of vanity (and some might say arrogance and pride) to wear a dress that is so expensive and over the heads of so many people in the land of her ancestors. But then maybe it starts with the designers who had the bright idea of flaunting opulence.
Bet they'll have second thoughts next time.
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by icebebe(f): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
so 30m+ is gone,jus lik dt
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by sholay2011(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
eluquenson:
Nothing personal against Lupita. It is the height of vanity (and some might say arrogance and pride) to wear a dress that is so expensive and over the heads of so many people in the land of her ancestors. But then maybe it starts with the designers who had the bright idea of flaunting opulence.
Bet they'll have second thoughts next time.
Stop displaying your ignorance.

Stars (actors, musicians etc.) do NOT own the dresses they wear to major award shows like the Oscars. They help a designer showcase his or her work by choosing to wear his/her dress to an awards show that would be expectedly viewed by millions.

And after the show, the dress is RETURNED to the fashion house or designer rather. My point is even if the dress was for $1 million, Lupita didn't purchase it with her money (where she go get am sef) but rather showcased the work of a designer. Infact, designers attach security guards to such expensive dresses (and jewellery too) that watch over the celebrity over the course of the award show to prevent theft. So, it's heartbreaking that such dress has been stolen if the news is indeed true.

Abeg no castigate Lupita for wearing a $150,000 dress.

PS: I'm not even a fan of Lupita.

1 Like

Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by okooloyun1(m): 11:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
The dress looks good on her. #Team Black is beautiful#
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by eluquenson(m): 12:02am On Feb 27, 2015
sholay2011:

Stop displaying your ignorance.

Stars (actors, musicians etc.) do NOT own the dresses they wear to major award shows like the Oscars. They help a designer showcase his or her work by choosing to wear his/her dress to an awards show that would be expectedly viewed by millions.

And after the show, the dress is RETURNED to the fashion house or designer rather. My point is even if the dress was for $1 million, Lupita didn't purchase it with her money (where she go get am sef) but rather showcased the work of a designer. Infact, designers attach security guards to such expensive dresses (and jewellery too) that watch over the celebrity over the course of the award show to prevent theft. So, it's heartbreaking that such dress has been stolen if the news is indeed true.

Abeg no castigate Lupita for wearing a $150,000 dress.

PS: I'm not even a fan of Lupita.
Mr 2 know, I never say she bought & don't be too in a haste to spew stupidity here cos we all know the dress was still not hers.
Designers often make extravagant dresses for premier events. The dress doesn't belong to her and I'm certain it was insured. However avarice and greed don't know boundaries....more than likely it was a member of her entourage or a hotel employee that saw a crime of perceived opportunity. If that is the case, I can only hope that the police investigate and locate the criminals.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by sholay2011(m): 1:18am On Feb 27, 2015
eluquenson:
Mr 2 know, I never say she bought & don't be too in a haste to spew stupidity here cos we all know the dress was still not hers.
Designers often make extravagant dresses for premier events. The dress didn't belong to her and I'm certain it was insured. However avarice and greed don't know boundaries....more than likely it was a member of her entourage or a hotel employee that saw a crime of perceived opportunity. If that is the case, I can only hope that the police investigate and locate the criminals.

Peace.
You are just as silly as your post.

Peace. grin

1 Like

Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by Horllamideh(m): 3:28am On Feb 27, 2015
#BringBackLupita'sDress
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by NegeduGrace(f): 4:14am On Feb 27, 2015
Dis gal 2 black*in Airforce1 voice*cant she bleach?...d dress fyn sha..
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by eluquenson(m): 7:21am On Feb 27, 2015
sholay2011:

You are just as silly as your post.

Peace. grin
I hope you are not an accomplice of the tifs grin
ITK
Re: Lupita Nyong'o's $150k Pearl Oscars Dress STOLEN by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2015
sholay2011:

You are quite right, and that dress is a masterpiece of creativity, craftsmanship and of course elegance. After such dresses have been worn by the stars, their auction values are expected to quadruple.

I just hope that Lupita would not be held liable for the theft and I hope it was insured.

(1) (Reply)

Why Patience Jonathan Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Inaguration Ceremony / Photo Of Mugabe Sleeping At The Buhari’s Inauguration Goes Viral + 7 Other Times / IK Ogbonna Praises His Baby Mama And Shares More Photos Of The New Born Baby. Ac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.