Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria (1725 Views)

The New Trend In Nigerian Banks / Do Not Fall For These Scam!!!! ( Screen Shots) / An Over-view Of E-commerce Website Design Trend In 2015 And 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 6:30am On Feb 27, 2015
God bless NL and God bless u guyz. The guy contacted me on bbm, This is his pin 2933340. He said he's sending £600, apple macbook and iphone 6 to me grin ode oloshi grin I was wondering what have I done to deserve all these,and he was like I just like you and want you to be my friend, that he's from Norwich and his name is Gibbs, I gave him fake names and address, I kno say na scam, that's y I didn't bother to give him my phone number. He sent a 'copy' of the reciept of what he's sending to me, I google search the company and I was like these guyz are mumu, even the the photoshop was childish, I zoomed it and twas full of flaws, the colour didn't match @ all, lots of copy and paste, I won't say the rest coz he might work on that, even the website na fake, no date nofin, not a real website but a blog, u can't even track your 'parcel'. Now I checked the bottom right corner of the reciept and saw something like 'the recievers would pay some amount to collect their goods' . Plz someone should learn from this my long epistle, the only time dhl asked me to pay was when my goods (9 tablet pcs) were seized by custom. Lots of scammers on NL, he must have gotten my pin here on NL. Maybe mod should move this topic to front page for others to learn.

Also, anoother scam going round is agro-allied loan scam. They will tell you to form a group of 10, asked you to buy form @p d rate of 2k naira or more (they collected 2k in my area) and asked you to bring passport photograph (4) open an account in bank, chose ur leaders (president, secretary and treasurer). Looks legit but its a pure scam. I was a victim, we went to the bank (BoA), they were laughing and made jest of us, and later told us that they (the bank) and Fed. Govt were unaware of those Agro-allied poeple, but those guyz disappeared with our cash. If you want any loan go to Bank of Agriculture nearest to you and ask for the normal procedure, don't buy any form from anybody. Imagine getting like 30k from each group, in my own case we were like 40 groups, only God knows how many states they've been to.I was a victim in osun state few years ago, and of recent I'v been receiving calls from different part of the country asking if they are legit, they are not legit plz, after selling huundreds of forms you won't see them again. A word is enough for the wise.

I hope my fellow NLers learn from these, plz kindly share it to loved ones too. I will be happy to see this on fp

Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by vjsmiles: 6:40am On Feb 27, 2015
MY OWN SCAM ATTEMPT GET GRADE... angry
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by phabuloz(m): 6:41am On Feb 27, 2015
You were lucky u didn't fall a victim sha......thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 6:45am On Feb 27, 2015
Kindly share your experience too...other might gain from it
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 6:46am On Feb 27, 2015
Kindly share your experience too...others might gain from it
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 6:48am On Feb 27, 2015
vjsmiles:
MY OWN SCAM ATTEMPT GET GRADE... angry

Abeg tell us o, coz as for me if anybody try nonesense with my 10 naira now, he oor she shoulb be expecting thunder o

1 Like

Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2015
Tnx boss, I appreciate.
Prevention is better dan cure.
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 6:57am On Feb 27, 2015
yomi007k:
Tnx boss, I appreciate.
Prevention is better dan cure.

Uwc sir
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by yuncka: 7:16am On Feb 27, 2015
Another advice, stop posting Ur details on Nairaland.
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 7:20am On Feb 27, 2015
This is the customer service he said I should call+2349050389538
Desperate guyz grin
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 7:22am On Feb 27, 2015
yuncka:
Another advice, stop posting Ur details on Nairaland.

That's true bro. I made that mistake when I was advertising something on NL back then
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by Faibuhari: 7:33am On Feb 27, 2015
I will share an Yvonne Nelson scam they played on my worker
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2015
Faibuhari:
I will share an Yvonne Nelson scam they played on my worker

Patiently waiting for you cool
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by Faibuhari: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2015
odave:

Patiently waiting for you cool
my worker saw on his FB page a question from *Yvonne Nelson* that goes thus: what is the name of the first movie I acted in? The boy answered and *Yvonne Nelson* now said he has won an Apple laptop and a BB Q10. To be continued if it hits FP
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Faibuhari:
my worker saw on his FB page a question from *Yvonne Nelson* that goes thus: what is the name of the first movie I acted in? The boy answered and *Yvonne Nelson* now said he has won an Apple laptop and a BB Q10. To be continued if it hits FP

Only if the mods think this might help someone...
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by MrIyke222(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
wot boders me is dat dis guys are 2 stupid not to knw dat d same time dey use try 2 scam or defraud some online is d same time dey cld use nd do somtin legitimate 4 demselves online.
Dey re 2 stupid nd fool of ode head nd it wil take anoda ode like dem 2 fall for dem.
‘anwa oleh oshii’
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by newdawn09(m): 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Mine SCAM story is that of of "goldwisenigeria". He has been advertising on NL for years that minimum deposit is N10k.Dont fall for ds hardened CRIMINAL called goldwise. He is owing me 400k since Dec. 12,2013. I have told u even if it is 20 years, i wl be here waiting 4u as i wont allow u to deceive innocent Nigerians.
Re: Beware Of These Scam Trend In Nigeria by odave: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
newdawn09:
Mine SCAM story is that of of "goldwisenigeria". He has been advertising on NL for years that minimum deposit is N10k.Dont fall for ds hardened CRIMINAL called goldwise. He is owing me 400k since Dec. 12,2013. I have told u even if it is 20 years, i wl be here waiting 4u as i wont allow u to deceive innocent Nigerians.

Bros, abeg tell me you are joking o, 400k? Omo ds life sha, kindly give me his link on NL

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Buy Kosso Wood / PVDF Coating Aluminum Composite Panel For Exterior Wall Cladding By Sinoceiling / Ankara Shoe And Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.