Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View (733 Views)

We Will Announce Lagos Council Election Date Soon - LASIEC Boss / Judges’ Trial Shifted As Aggrieved Litigants Flood DSS With Petitions / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by Slizbeat(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2015
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders and fellow well meaning Nigerians.

The scramble for the top job in Nigeria today is getting more tough by the day with just the ordinary Citizens bearing the burden of the situation.

Election scheduled to hold on the 14th of February was because of some hiccups accruing to INEC, was shifted to the 28th of March. This hiccup they say and we all know is the disenfranchisement of Voters. I again foresee another shift in the election date because of this same setbacks.

This is what I and many others experienced yesterday while trying to get our PVC. On the INEC's website, it was boldly stated that PVC Collection continues and those who haven't collected yet should go to their wards and collect it there. my ward is Ejigbo high school, that's because I stay at oke afa area of oshodi-isolo, then my polling unit is at okeafa high school with the code 011.

At 9a.m, I left my residence,headed down to Ejigbo high school with the assurance and conviction that I will get my PVC since inec has spelt it out online. I got there but couldn't find any official. I asked and I was told that they no longer bring the PVCs down to Ejigbo. I was now redirected to the Local government at Bolade oshodi. With my mind as good and patient at it was, not minding the cost of the fare and time I would use in doing other things, I had to move immediately down to bolade.

I got to bolade, got to the INEC office, submitted my card so they could give me the PVC. They accepted it, went into their office to get it while I waited outside. While I was there, a lady came with a complain about her elder sister who is a medical doctor and couldn't make it that day because of work trying to get her PVC and was told INEC did not issue it. The official who responded to her said, "Madam, I wouldn't want to be sincere with you because if i do, you may not like it. From this temporary card you gave me, I can tell you that she(referring to the lady's sister) will not get any PVC because her fingerprint was not captured and saved". The lady asked how he knew it was captured and saved, he said "Look at the little dots by the sides of your passport photograph, you will see it's not shaded, it's white indicating a non captured fingerprint" and by so, makes it invalid and will not be issued. I at this point now asked him, "Whose fault is it?" and he couldn't answer directly. All he said was that, "It's not Inec's fault, it's the system used", stating that no other registration would have taken place after the lady in question was registered if the data wasn't saved.

I actually thought for a while, what kind of system will lose a captured data and inec made no room for such accidents. The lady after this quickly left because she too has work to attend to. Now, that is just one disenfranchised voter out of so many untold.

On my own part, when the official came out, he said, "Mr. Nwankwo, am sorry your card is not ready, check back in two weeks time" and a lady waiting for hers was told same thing and she began to complain bitterly of how she had been there 4 times before yesterday's experience. I just had it in mind that I am personally not going to vote again, am tired of it. if issues were not resolved, then I support another election postponement.

Twist of the story, A reliable source from the office told me that the cards are ready and inside the office there but they want to frustrate people so they wouldn't get it before the election date. Another source said, "Oga you are Igbo, from your name I can tell.........as for your card, don't bother about it because they won't give it to you"

After all this, I kept to myself and decided to paste it here so we could all reason together and call the appropriate authority to beware of what's ongoing.

thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by Kennywills7(m): 8:39am On Feb 27, 2015
more reasons y somebody has to go on a terminal leave

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by Victorygold(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2015
you are on ur own.
all i know is gmb come may 29.
say baba
say apc

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2015
Elections can be shifted for years......still GEJ all the way... buhari might die waiting

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2015
Happy Terminal Leave To Oga JEGA in advance.. . I wish u after election..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Election Date May Further Be Shifted- An Honest Point Of View by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 27, 2015
Same issue of finger print happened to me last year which made one of their staff advise me to register again. Even the one I did register was poorly done and my face (pic) is not showing at all. INEC miss it this time around. Guess they have sanctioned two of such staff that tend to disenfranchise non-indigenes in Lagos? I pray good Nigerians will see this thread and report that LGA for proper investigation. God bless. #Team NeverAgain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap MTN Data for Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem, 1GB for N1,200 (Credit you within 5 minutes/ 24hours service available)

Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee)

Design a Simple Dynamic Website + Domain Name + Hosting in One Day for N30, 000 (Negotiable)

Call: 08107873795
Thanks and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Pics Of A Referee Issueing A Red Card To GEJ / Do You Always Drop The Pink Copy Of The Deposit Slip In The Bank??? / 5 Behind-the-scenes Moves That Helped Nigeria Turn The Tide Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.