Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks (2952 Views)

Elvis Madu 'Eze Money' Gets Son A Matching BMW Jeep For His 1st Birthday / Movie Producer Elvis Chucks Robbed In Lagos Last Night / Elvis Chuks N2million Naira Wristwatch (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by GirlsClubNG: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2015
Multiple award winning Nollywood actor and director, Elvis Chucks needs little introduction. He is indeed a seasoned producer who knows his onion. He recently won City People Entertainment Award for Best Director and Best Movie Category at African Magic Viewers Choice Awards(AMVCA).

He started acting from a tender age of three with productions like Tales by Moonlight and others before he stopped to further his education. In this exclusive interview, he talks about his new movie Ransom and why he is still single.

Tell us about yourself and what you have been up to?

My name is Elvis Chucks. I am a multiple award winning film maker. Recently, I won Best Director City People Awards 2014 and Best Movie, African Magic Viewers Choice Awards. Last year, I premiered Caught in the Act starring Yvonne Okoro, Michael Godson, Bishop Imeh and Beverly Osu. I just finished shooting my new movie Ransom staring Blossom Chukwujekwu, Jackie Appiah, Xolie Shabalala, Elin Garshol and several others.
Ransom is a love story with a unique twist, which also explores and treats the topic of racism….
I decided to take on this big project because I wanted to speak to everybody regardless of color, ethnicity, country, tribe or race.

We have being seeing your face for more than a decade now, Share with us how it all began?

Honestly speaking let me say I have been blessed because l love what l do. I became an actor at age 3 with productions like Tales by moonlight and the others. After 2 years I had to stop because my parents felt l was too young and they wanted me to continue my education.
When I finished school, l was called to join Beyond our Dreams with the likes of Alex Osifo, Lai Ashadele, Late Sam Loko, Zack Orji and the rest of them. I also featured in one of the Super Story episodes.
After a while, I went back to school and became what l am today. I studied film and television production and major in Directing. During my days in school, the guy that directs for GodFather, Micheal Dube was my classmate while Clearance Peters was my junior in school.
While studying l modeled and acted in some American movies with the likes of John Harrison, Peter Fonda, Luke Perry, Barbra Streisand and the rest of them.
When I returned, I produced True Citizen starring Uti Nwachukwu, Alex Usifo, Brian Okwara, Kenneth Okolie among others.

My second movie, A Wish featured Award winning actress Funke Akindele, Bishop Imeh Umoh, Patience Ozokwo, Afeez Oyetoro, Hellen Paul and other artistes. The movie got me an AMVCA and 9 other Awards.

Since then we have been waxing stronger and trying to produce strong content interms of motion picture interpretations.

Why acting as a profession?

I grew up seeing myself as an actor. I started at a young age; left then the opportunity presented itself again and again. The moment I discovered l was a strong character I knew I had to try and understand my craft better. The rest they say is History.

What set you apart from other music producers?

Being an extremist. The will to do it and do it well. Paying attention to every little detail.
I try as much as l can to submit myself to interpretation and make a story come to life even beyond the imagination of myself and the viewers.

New talents, how do you discover them?

Some are my friends, while others were introduced to me. I just try to see if they got something raw to be discovered and l give them a trial.

How many are successful in Nollywood now?

I have been blessed by the talents l discovered. One of my discoveries, I.K Ogbonna was nominated for Best actor for Honeymoon Hotel which is the movie l produced last year with Hlomla Dandala, Joke Silver, Dianne Yekini and the rest of them.

read more here
http://citypeoplegroup.org/i/ive-never-been-turned-down-by-a-woman-multiple-award-winning-director-elvis_chucks/

Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by vjsmiles: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2015
COME AND MEET AMAKA..
SHE WILL TURN YOU UPSIDE DOWN angry

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2015
probably he hardly ask ladies out.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by iamSi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Then you must be on some Juju ...
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by okooloyun1(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
It depends on d type of women he has been asking out.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Mimienudles(f): 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
'A wish' I don't think I've seen that movie, I bet it'd be interesting
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
'A wish is a rubbish film, i started bt just av to remove it cos i ws nt seein any meaningful thing there, and i bought it cos of Patience Ozokwor bt its all rubbish.

No woman has ever turn you down...can you pls come my side so that i will break that your record...gonna give you real turning down & take you do yeye...shey na fine you fine reach abi na money you get reach...otoko!!!
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by geovanni24(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
He is single because it was rumoured some years back dat he was gay. Guess d rumour was true.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:
'A wish is a rubbish film, i started bt just av to remove it cos i ws nt seein any meaningful thing there, and i bought it cos of Patience Ozokwor bt its all rubbish.

No woman has ever turn you down...can you pls come my side so that i will break that your record...gonna give you real turning down & take you do yeye...shey na fine you fine reach abi na money you get reach...otoko!!!
Even if you use him do yeye that one nor mean say him nor go F ur kpomo
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
hensben:
Even if you use him do yeye that one nor mean say him nor go F ur kpomo
u get sense sef...how will he reach d kpomo side wen hes practically turn down..abi u dnt know d meaning of turn down.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:

wait wait wait...Na me u dey talk/type to the way u like huh
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by axortedbabe(f): 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
*Yawns*
who cares..only Gino truly cares not me..
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
hensben:
wait wait wait...Na me u dey talk/type to the way u like huh
who you be?
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:

be?
u don collect e-flogging before? Answer me with sincerity.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by armadeo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
I remember his movie African child or African orphan. Its the only one I have ever seen and it was bad enough for me never to forget his name.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
hensben:
u don collect e-flogging before? Answer me with sincerity.
shey na you wan start am, come try me na
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:

shey na you wan start am, come try me na
Nor take me serious oo grin....*kidding*
u go stubborn well well for real life cool
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
hensben:
Nor take me serious oo grin....*kidding*
u go stubborn well well for real life cool
i know you wer kidding...if nt na origin lash i for give u now cos i don high small...lol.
am a very cool person bt no find my trouble
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:

i know you wer kidding...if nt na origin lash i for give u now cos i don high small...lol.
am a very cool person bt no find my trouble
this type of lash go sweet well well grin tongue
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
hensben:
this type of lash go sweet well well grin tongue
nope i wont lash u.
Re: I’ve Never Been Turned Down By A Woman- Award Winning Director Elvis Chucks by hensben(m): 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Midehi:

nope i wont lash u.
baby lash me, pls embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Munachi Abii Is Fine. So So So Fine. God Did Work O. Fine Pics. / [music Download] Dare Art Alade #pray4me & #asikolaiye Ft Olamide / REVEALED: How Linda Ikeji Made Her Billions !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.