Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

The Prophet Behind President Goodluck Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Prophet Behind President Goodluck Speaks (1666 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of The Strange Flag Behind President Buhari / Mamman Daura Behind President Buhari's Many Decisions / Picture: See The Face Of The Woman Behind President Buhari's Resigning Petition. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prophet Behind President Goodluck Speaks by highmood(m): 11:58am On Feb 27, 2015
Religion have been known to be a determinant of successes in Nigeria elections especially its presidential elections; another is ethnicity. Notwithstanding calls by many individuals, groups, politicians and political parties that voters should shun the aforementioned determinants but rather cast their votes based on qualification, ability, performance and track records, many still see these determinants playing out even if not as much as it use to.
One among other clerics who believes that religion and even ethnicity will still be playing a role until sometime in the future when electorates becomes more informed is a calm "no noise making" spiritual father of the president, His Eminence, Bishop Sampson Benjamin Mustapha; the Bishop and General Overseer of Resurrection Praise Ministry, Satellite town lagos. He is a man who without fear or sentiments have been praying and clamoring for the support of President Goodluck Jonathan even before the 2011 election.
It is doubtful to believe that the northern born religious leader do not hide his support for the president(a christian) except if you are or have been worshipping in its church of over 8000 members. The Bishop and United Nations ambassador believes that with the activities of the ISIS, Al quaeda, Al shabab, in other part of world including the threat by the Boko Haram elements and thier supporters to Islamize the country, there is a need for a God fearing, understanding and a detribalize individual to remain in the hem of affairs. He was speaking to a great number of worshippers during a Sunday service, he said.." the picture and challenges of Nigerians after President Shehu Shagari administration till 2007 is still clear to me and I must honestly tell you, President Goodluck Jonathan have done well irrespective of the challenges. I am from the north and have no hatred for Muslims at all as some of you may have been aware that, some of my kinsmen are Muslims. But then, some people like the extremist, thier sympathizers and sponsors need to understand that Nigeria is a secular state, and individuals right and freedom of worship must be respected".
The Bishop continued by citing cases of turkey, Lebanon etc who were once Christian countries saying that".. if the Christians in Nigeria thinks the activities of the sect does not matter, then they should be ready not to hand over Christianity to thier future generations".
The Bishop who in September 2014 visited Chibok and some other communities affected by the activities of the sect to pray and sympathize with the people commended the military's effort in fighting this Islamic sect.
Bishop Sampson Benjamin who some thinks is a party affiliate debunked the thought of being partisan but rather he stated categorically that he is out to defend the cross and would never be alive to see Nigeria go the way of turkey. But would continue to pray for a Nation where the Muslims and Christians worship where and when they want without intimidation or fear.
On whether people should support president Goodluck, he said Nigerians for now have no better choice. He boldly said that president Goodluck Jonathan is a God sent. He painted a picture of how the president rose to be in his present position and said, it is not ordinary.".. there is a power behind his position".
The Bishop and UN ambassador told the worshippers that president Goodluck Jonathan though not perfect has surpassed his predecessors in terms of achievement but he needs more time to build on the good foundation he has laid. He said ".. Mind you, Rome was not built in a day. It took America more than 400 years to be where they are today. I must agree, there are challenges and difficult in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, but we must not relent in praying for our country and leaders as they are humans like us and needs grace. We have not gotten to our destination yet, but if the president would continue on his developmental strides and try as much as possible to identify some wrong people in his cabinet, he would be placing Nigeria more on a greater position in the world". The Bishop also told the congregation to circumspectly identify federal, state and local government projects so as to give credits to those that merits it.
It is saddening to Bishop Sampson Benjamin Mustapha that some people are meant to rule while others are not. He said " some region should not be sidelined in the scheme of things in this country else they would feel cheated". The Bishop continued by saying that the resources of the south-south have been used to develop many cities like Lagos, Abuja and even the entire country and for that reasons and many more, Nigerians should give the president who is from a "minority" ethnic group the support he needs in the name of equity and justice.
The bishop advised the worshippers to go out and make sure they get thier PVCs as this year's election would be very difficult to be rigged whether by the ruling party or the opposition but that the votes of Nigerians is now been treasured by politicians than in the past due to the honest electoral reform by the president.
He also advised the INEC to make sure all registered voters get thier card even if it will take the commission to go closer to the people.
He advised youths not to be clouded with sentiments but eschew violence and see themselves as the future this great country Nigeria is looking forward to. He advices youths that if they are involved in violence and unfortunately get killed, Nigeria will never wait for them to wake but rather continue to move forward. He told youths they should learn from the past to be able to make sound decision.

Chidi Chukwuma writes from Lagos chidi_chuks@yahoo.com
Re: The Prophet Behind President Goodluck Speaks by rusher14: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
How much??
Re: The Prophet Behind President Goodluck Speaks by EngrRolly(m): 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
It is pathetic and highly perturbin that the ill-gotten monies n loots our politician shower on the cardinals n ecclesiastic fathers of the various religions practised in the Nigeria has had an adverse effect on the bodies
Hitherto, religious bodies n their hierachy didn't particularly av a nexus wit the politics played in Nigeria except for intercessions rendered on Her behalf,
Presently what we av in all the nooks n crannies of the aforementioned bodies is the same CORRUPTION that has crippled the nations economy eating through the cavities of our religious bodies as even donations made by our sai leaders have erupted disparity amongst these ''religious families''

I will reserve my comments for nw but I will be back if I fall on any con's

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! President Jonathan In Early Lead. / Diezani Sighted At Abdusalam's Residence! / Hilarious.. See What Someone Said About This Lagos Election(Picz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.