Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda (941 Views)

Vote Of No Confidence: Governor Yahaya Bello Reacts, Blasts APC Chairman / Ekweremadu Blasts APC: 'APC Yet To Fulfill A Single Campaign Promise' / Obama Accused Of Aiding Boko Haram In Order To Help Buhari Win Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
By Gabriel Ewepu
ABUJA-President Goodluck Jonathan, took a swipe at the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying elections are not won on the altar of propaganda.

Speaking during the presidential dinner and public lecture organised in his honour by the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, Alumni Association in Abuja, Jonathan said if not for the level playing ground he brought into the political system the opposition would not be heard today.

The President said the opposition movement owe their existence and activities to him, because it was his

Buhari and Jonathan
Buhari and Jonathan
desire and wish that political parties should have the strength to assert themselves the confidence and seek for space, and saying that the determination and assurance was that if they do well, they will achieve their goal.
He was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, who noted that people currently speak carelessly as a result of the freedom which came with the deepening of democracy following his liberality he gave to all political actors.

He said: “And that is why today, at times, people wonder or bother about the opposition activities and movements. We created it. We simply thought that except the political space is expanded, we are not heading for democracy.

“That except you allow people to strongly and firmly assert their democratic rights, participate in democratic process and indeed, enjoy it with confidence, that one day, we will pay for it.

“I want to assure us tonight that the opposition movement as it were today, owe their existence and indeed, their activities to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

“When the opposition try to make so much noise, one thing we know is that you cannot win election in Nigeria through propaganda.”

Sen. Anyim recalled his sojourn in the present democratic dispensation, saying he had encountered three presidents namely; former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and President Jonathan, stating that Jonathan is a rare breed.

He particularly said his tenure as Senate President during the Obasanjo’s administration, was characterised by a struggle to guarantee the independence of the legislature.

In the Yar’Adua’s administration, Anyim also recalled how he contested for the office of the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, but having traversed the length and breadth of the country, was asked to accept what the party termed as ‘consensus candidate.’

He however said under the Jonathan administration where he has been privileged to serve as the SGF, he has been playing a role in the democratisation of the nation’s polity. He added that the dividends of democracy were not certainly some of the things people focus on, saying that the dividends of democracy were in two parts, fundamentals to democracy and the incidentals to democracy.

Anyim added that if there is anything he had admired much under the present administration; it is the fact of the ability of the president to guarantee the basic fundamentals to democracy.

In his remarks, National President, UNIPORT Alumni Association, Engr. Samson Ngerebara, said the gathering transcended walking down memory lane, saying it was a special presidential dinner in honour of one of its own and its grand patron.

Ngerebara also said the event was to celebrate the achievements and honour the legacy of President Jonathan. Chronicling the achievements of the Jonathan’s administration in the areas of education, agriculture, transportation, aviation and other sectors, Ngerebara said Nigerians cannot afford to change the leadership of President Jonathan.

“We therefore join the majority of Nigerians to support and also solicit support for you in the upcoming elections,” Ngerebara added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-blasts-apc-says-you-dont-win-elections-on-propaganda/#sthash.MoRrasVw.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by deskossy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Jonathan never underestimate d power of propaganda. Josef goebels used it to great effect in nazi Germany .Apc is taking to another level and it seems to be working.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by dre11(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan, took a swipe at the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying elections are not won on the altar of propaganda.

I don't want to believe the President said this because we do know who is using propaganda on the other.....

With all his documentary on AIT and NTA telling lies and twisting stories about the GMB military regime

Or the lies and propaganda his media team.kept dishing out to Nigeria about the state of GMB

Or the lies they keep giving us about the state of the economy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by Truth24(m): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
God bless Jonathan
#Gej4Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by GeneralBosco: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
Look at this fool...millions of so-called educated adults around this country till today believe that Buhari sponsors Bokoharam. This is what PDP propaganda which was started by Reuben Abati has done to some gullible Nigerians.

The four idiots (FFK, Bastard Okupe, Abati, Omockery) you employed have been constantly dishing out propaganda upon propaganda against Buhari to gullible Nigerians and you never issued them warning right??

What do you have to say about the public embarrassment FFK gave to this country at UK yesterday all in a bid to embarrass Buhari?

I wonder how we got stuck with this dummy.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
dre11:

I don't want to believe the President said this because we do know who is using propaganda on the other.....

With all his documentary on AIT and NTA telling lies and twisting stories about the GMB military regime

Or the lies and propaganda his media team.kept dishing out to Nigeria about the state of GMB

Or the lies they keep giving us about the state of the economy

APC have no clear policy on how they will solve naija problems!

Lai Mohamed keeps telling us they will talk to Boko Haram but Buhari ruled that out yesterday.

APC have no clear policy all they have is propaganda.
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by vislabraye(m): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
deskossy:
Jonathan never underestimate d power of propaganda. Josef goebels used it to great effect in nazi Germany .Apc is taking to another level and it seems to be working.

I think he's beginning to realize it and that has made him to sit up.
I wonder how Amaechi will look when APC looses grin
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by GeneralBosco: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
vislabraye:

I think he's beginning to realize it and that has made him to sit up.
I wonder how Amaechi will look when APC looses grin
Channel your "wonder" to a more interesting personality, Fasoye. grin
Have you ever wondered what'll happen to that cretin if Buhari wins?
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by dre11(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
mikeansy:

APC have no clear policy on how they will solve naija problems!

Lai Mohamed keeps telling us they will talk to Boko Haram but Buhari ruled that out yesterday.

APC have no clear policy all they have is propaganda.

I hope you have taken a look at their blueprint for the nation

Let me tell you...... Once you block holes for corruption, you have systematically solve half of Nigeria problem and a president that keeps swimming in corruption and says stealing is no corrupt can salvage the nation talk less of moving it forward.

Like I say, PDP is the author of propaganda in this dispensation
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Correction jona, election is not won based on lies undecided
Re: Jonathan Blasts APC, Says You Don’t Win Elections On Propaganda by themilanway(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
One of the 48 powers of law says"Never underestimate your enemy".

GEJ,his ill advicers and his followers underestimated GMB

They underestimated the influence and power of Amechi.

They underestimated APC as a party

They thought it was business as usual

I have asked myself over and over again,what if Amechi and Tambuwal were still on the side of GEJ,how would have GMB faired?

The tone of the president depicts that of a regret.

It depicts anger and frustration

It depicts a failed opportunity

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Residents March In Support Of Nigerian Soldiers(photos) / ‘the Real Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’ Documentary Aired By AIT (VIDEO) / Is This Text Message From INEC Authentic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.