Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA (57939 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by mpowa(m): 11:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
aminashy:
APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile and a cocain sniffer

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him.

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

As in, you be ROBOT? nothing else to post? now tell me, how much are you paid per post?
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Spirit1(m): 11:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Actually that photo has more meaning than just a map. Shows the light pollution in the 36 state. Poor power supply wide across the whole nation. Everyone thinks it's a beautiful photo. embarassed

It shows the true population density of Nigeria and a reflection of true economic activity. It has nothing to do with electricity.

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by AkinEgba: 12:11am On Feb 28, 2015
Horlufemi:

South-south is mainly gas flares. look at it properly. you can see some on the ocean. Southwest has the highest usage of electricity. think about it.

The map does not say so. Look at SE and SW. There are no gas flaring in both. Now compare.

Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Blackkie: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2015
All the action at night is at the south only!
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by orble: 12:28am On Feb 28, 2015
Thump up to Akwa Ibom, no wonder Gov Akpabio is so celebrated!
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by hermesprogidy(m): 12:38am On Feb 28, 2015
mehn this is embarrassing, am sure those NASA guys will be laughing their heads off. those of you commending this monumental display of failure, pls check NASA photos of China, Thailand, south Africa, Egypt, Brazil (just to mention a few) from space at night, and see what real power is. am very sure some of the lights in the ss are gas flares. this picture is a show of shame, stop celebrating mediocrity.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by GamaG(m): 12:46am On Feb 28, 2015
mehn checkout ss n se
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by supernigga(m): 1:05am On Feb 28, 2015
ujoinme:
Notice how the Night lights corresponds to economic activity in Nigeria.

Picture courtesy of http://www.blue-marble.de/nightlights/2012?ll=7.457222,6.461111
see d diff we r gettin ther sha

Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Forwetinnah: 1:08am On Feb 28, 2015
See how dry the North is...no activity happening apart from BH terror undecided
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by AreaFada2: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
Did you look well those clusters of lights are not coming from South West. Clear your eye well!~

I think some people need to eat more carrots to see properly. I can see Light in Lagos & Ibadan, Ogbomosho.

Or is Geography teaching so bad in 9ja these days?

Others are clearly SS & SE.

It's either Northern population is not as much as hyped, or despite 40 years of Northern, they couldn't even give their people light.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by AreaFada2: 1:13am On Feb 28, 2015
biafranqueen:
Did you look well those clusters of lights are not coming from South West. Clear your eye well!~

I think some people need to eat more carrots to see properly. I can see Light in Lagos & Ibadan, and some light in Abeokuta, Ondo Town, Ado, Akure. But not clusters, just centred in urban areas.

Or is Geography teaching so bad in 9ja these days?

Others are clearly SS & SE.

It's either Northern population is not as much as hyped, or despite 40 years of Northern hegemony, they couldn't even give their people light.

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by VellyG(m): 1:17am On Feb 28, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Most parts of the country have no light at night.

Obviously PHCN has been transformed by GEJ well well......hang on! grin

All those admiring the beauty....look.....this is not a success....but a picture of how failure looks like.Bright lights should be shining everywhere!

We need a national conference on power supply.

6000MW is not an occasion for celebration....we should be at 80000MW.

(Cue people telling me about how baaad things were before...and how wonderful things are..).
Use your brain for once. There are a lot of gas flares in that region of the country ( PH, bayelsa, warri, akwaibom ) that's what that light indicates in the satellite image. This craze about blaming every little thing on GEJ is driving u guys nut.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by VellyG(m): 1:25am On Feb 28, 2015
AkinEgba:

The map does not say so. Look at SE and SW. There are no gas flaring in both. Now compare.
who told u there are no gas flare in SE. There is gas flare at omoku an oil rich town having a close border with Ohaji in Imo state.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by InvertedHammer: 1:30am On Feb 28, 2015
/
So you are telling me that the interstate and international boundaries are very distinct at night from up there as depicted in this picture?

I don't believe it.

\
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:34am On Feb 28, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
So you are telling me that the interstate and international boundaries are very distinct at night from up there as depicted in this picture?

I don't believe it.
\

For all night shots of the world computer generated country boundaries are usually added but more importantly coastlines etc.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 28, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
South-west really value electricity than others.
My 24hours running generator is what is seen from space
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by enato(m): 1:40am On Feb 28, 2015
aminashy:

The Schizophrenic sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram

And how does this relate to the topic..... abeg carry your party and politcs go another side :|
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by InvertedHammer: 1:45am On Feb 28, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

For all night shots of the world computer generated country boundaries are usually added but more importantly coastlines etc.
/
Roger that.

Thanks
\
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by adorable29(f): 3:48am On Feb 28, 2015
Is Benin city on this map? It should be very dark I suppose. Cos in Benin, we get light an average of 2hours every 2 to 3 days (if lucky). Sometimes, it goes for a week without a flash. Smh at BEDC!
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by adorable29(f): 3:58am On Feb 28, 2015
Spirit1:

It shows the true population density of Nigeria and a reflection of true economic activity. It has nothing to do with electricity.

If its about population, the north is more populated now! We talking pictures here o. I mean snap shots. How can NASA differentiate from space between those pple that are going about their economic business and those that are not?

Again it is taken at NIGHT. Are you saying all this lights are depicting witches and vampires?
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 28, 2015
VellyG:

Use your brain for once. There are a lot of gas flares in that region of the country ( PH, bayelsa, warri, akwaibom ) that's what that light indicates in the satellite image. This craze about blaming every little thing on GEJ is driving u guys nut.

Light falls under the FG's diktat.....so of course GEJ has to take responsibility.

If you think that it is OK that we consume half of our needs every day....then something is wrong with your thought processes.

Sorry...but PDP needs to improve.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Nobody: 5:20am On Feb 28, 2015
leofab:
keep quiet; where you expecting him to plant light in bushes? Southern nigeria is has a more nucleated settlement compared to north that why you have it that way.

And there are hundreds of rural areas without light...that is a fact.

It should have been brighter.

I want my govt to do better. Is it too much to ask? Does it mean I automatically want APC in charge?

Govts should anticipate our needs yesterday.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by kuuljay(m): 5:29am On Feb 28, 2015
E be like say na Benin get light pass,
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Reference(m): 5:53am On Feb 28, 2015
ujoinme:
Notice how the Night lights corresponds to economic activity in Nigeria.

Picture courtesy of http://www.blue-marble.de/nightlights/2012?ll=7.457222,6.461111

Yeah, gas flaring all through the Niger.Delta if that's what you call economic activity. Pity.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 28, 2015
'From a distance... God is watching us ' music by Bette Midler
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2015
Reference:

Yeah, gas flaring all through the Niger.Delta if that's what you call economic activity. Pity.
lol
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Day169: 6:34am On Feb 28, 2015
aminashy:

Apc is boko haram

.. A Classic "Hate Campaign"!
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by tompat86(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2015
phorget:
Tell 'em to help us locate our Chibok girls pls!!!!...
grin
phorget:
Tell 'em to help us locate our Chibok girls pls!!!!...
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Idrismusty97(m): 8:00am On Feb 28, 2015
MrEverest:
Are you sure you know Nigeria's geography very well? From the map, the only illuminated area in the S.west is the Lagos region. In fact, offshore, S.south & S.east are more illuminated than S.west! S.west starts after the boundary of Edo state, you then get Ondo but S.east areas of Aba & Onitsha/Asaba region are more illuminated than S.west bar Lagos!
Off shore? Doesn't that tells you something? Those lights are freaking gas flaring! Well i see you are happy despite your environment is getting polluted because it puts some lights on NASA map cheesy. Make sense!
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by emamos: 8:05am On Feb 28, 2015
SmooshCHN:
Actually that photo has more meaning than just a map. Shows the light pollution in the 36 state. Poor power supply wide across the whole nation. Everyone thinks it's a beautiful photo. embarassed
u get sense my bro,some are evn blind 2 c wot u pointed out n tnk it s beautiful photo wen its not.
Re: An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA by Chulex(m): 8:37am On Feb 28, 2015
The many lights in the South South is not electricity but rather gas flares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Get Softwear For Decoder Strong/: / High Definition Receivers(hd) / Help The Moderator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.