Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Must I Go To Church On Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Go To Church On Sunday (856 Views)

Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Go To Church On Sunday by sugarcanebaby: 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hello all,
I'm a Christian and I believe in the word of God. Though I'm not there yet as I would consider myself a baby Christian. Due together nature if my job I work six days a week and Sunday is my only free day. Sundaybis when u get to do my laundry, cook, read and have a good night rest.

As a result of this, I have decided to be more active in the weekly services so I can have time to do other things on Sunday.

My question is this, is it a sin to do that? I ask cos I'm still growing in the faith. Is there any particular reason why I must worship in church on sunday. Even God Rested on Sunday and since we are made in the image and likeness of God, I want to rest also.

Please I need constructive and well thought out comments please.

Nb: don't get me wrong, I love the presence of the Lord and I love to worship himself in spirit and truth but sometimes my jobs takes away from my spirit and there s little left to worship God with.

This is an interactive post and I ll also be reading comments and reply as well.
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by skylane: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
sugarcanebaby:
Hello all,
I'm a Christian and I believe in the word of God. Though I'm not there yet as I would consider myself a baby Christian. Due together nature if my job I work six days a week and Sunday is my only free day. Sundaybis when u get to do my laundry, cook, read and have a good night rest.

As a result of this, I have decided to be more active in the weekly services so I can have time to do other things on Sunday.

My question is this, is it a sin to do that? I ask cos I'm still growing in the faith. Is there any particular reason why I must worship in church on sunday. Even God Rested on Sunday and since we are made in the image and likeness of God, I want to rest also.

Nb: don't get me wrong, I love the presence of the Lord and I love to worship himself in spirit and truth but sometimes my jobs takes away from my spirit and there s little left to worship God with.

This is an interactive post and I ll also be reading comments and reply as well.
its good u go to church but not a must,as far as u tell people about the word of God,evangelise,reach out to the poor and the loSt souls(this is the main duty of a born again christain),u truely worship God ijn spirit and in truth,then I Don't think if its a sin,it will become a sin wen u work on sunday
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
When u miss the message on Sunday, how would u get it back? Hebrews 10:25, urges us not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together. With proper planning, u can still do your chores on Sunday. Except ur church service is usually drab, long and boring.
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by iphanyiuma(m): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Must you eat everyday, must you wear cloths, must you sleep Rectories
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by zyzxx(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
It not a sin but u will be missing alot

How is ur mid week program
Are u consistent in bible study prayer, evangelismm vigil and co?
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by tpiah01: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by Horus(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
sugarcanebaby:
Hello all,

If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound. God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day, try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working or sleeping? You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have, but you are in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.

1 Like

Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by paxonel(m): 1:50am On Feb 28, 2015
sugarcanebaby:
Hello all,

you say you are a baby Christian that you need to learn?
now learn this and be wiser than all pastors and church goers in Nigeria and set yourself free.
as much as going to church is important to learn, God is not interested in church going.
infact, there is no church in heaven.
so, whether you go or not it is still the same thing, don't feel bad that your job is taking your time.
that your job is far more important than church.
you believe in Christ and love your neighbor that's all, you don't have any problem
you don't need church
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by thoth: 10:55am On Feb 28, 2015
Horus:

If God went to sleep on the seventh day and Christ is worshipped on Sunday then who are they (Sunday churchgoers) praying to? Because God is sleeping, unless you are trying to wake him up and serve him on his day of sleeping . . . God worked a whole six days and now on Sunday morning he’s laying in his bed. This is how he makes this sound. God is sitting in his chair, or laying in his bed he goes to sleep on Sunday morning, and you go to church on Sunday morning and go, “oh God, oh God, oh God.” Then you’re wondering why your prayers are not being answered. The reason why your prayers are not being answered is quite simple; because God sleeps on Sunday. You have to change the day, try Wednesday when God is up working. Have you ever tried to disturb your mother and father when they were working or sleeping? You don’t thank God for health and the gifts that you have, but you are in church on Sunday begging for more stuff.

Good one, i like your sarcasm.

1 Like

Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by sugarcanebaby: 11:43am On Feb 28, 2015
vfactor:
When u miss the message on Sunday, how would u get it back? Hebrews 10:25, urges us not to forsake the gathering of ourselves together. With proper planning, u can still do your chores on Sunday. Except ur church service is usually drab, long and boring.

Yes I know what the bible says conceding that but I'm not forsaking the gathering of brethren totally. I ll be doing that during the week. Twice.
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by sugarcanebaby: 11:45am On Feb 28, 2015
paxonel:

you say you are a baby Christian that you need to learn?
now learn this and be wiser than all pastors and church goers in Nigeria and set yourself free.
as much as going to church is important to learn, God is not interested in church going.
infact, there is no church in heaven.
so, whether you go or not it is still the same thing, don't feel bad that your job is taking your time.

that your job is far more important than church.
you believe in Christ and love your neighbor that's all, you don't have any problem
you don't need church

Really?
Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by sugarcanebaby: 11:46am On Feb 28, 2015
Horus:

This is confusing but you bring a lighter angle to it though.

1 Like

Re: Must I Go To Church On Sunday by paxonel(m): 6:29am On Mar 03, 2015
sugarcanebaby:

Really?

yeah!
Jesus says, the greatest law is not going to church,the greatest laws are love.
1 thou shall love God (by believing in Christ in the context of Christianity the new covenant which you have already done by being a Christian and not a Muslim, because we are justified by our faith Christianity ).
2, thou shall love your neighbour(everybody ) as yourself (keeping the 10 commandments or the law ) it's for our own good.
no 1 has nothing to do with no 2.
we are saved by no 2, not no1
think over it and be free from church going or religion

(1) (Reply)

Stories Of Divine Intervention / Disciple Of Christ Or Church Member? / 25 Extremely Strange Wedding Traditions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.