Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy (736 Views)

Is This The Latest Campaign Strategy Of PDP? / Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy? / Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy by freeR1: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
Every year preceding a leap year, the citizens of Nigeria are tasked with the job of choosing their leaders for the next four years. The year 2015 is one of such year and from all indication, majority of Nigerians are eager to perform the duty of electing their leaders. As part of the election process, Nigerians are feed with a lot of information which should help them make informed choices. The 2015 political campaigns have been an interesting one. I will make a quick review of PDP campaign strategy from the angle of its Directorate of Media, Presidential Council.

What is the role of the media wing of a Campaign? In my opinion, the primary role should be to sell the candidate's product and also align the product whit what is needed by the general public. The GEJ/Sambo campaign organization's media wing has not been be able to accomplish this task. Instead, it has been transformed to a Buhari/Osinbajo hate campaign group. I think this is a huge disservice to Mr. President. The product the media wing seems to be marketing is fear, bitterness and hate. Sincerely, I don't think Nigerians will vote or not vote based on such things. This strategy I dear say is ill-informed and to be kind; silly.

This became much more evident on Thursday with Buhari's visit to Chatham house and The President's visit to Mubi, Baga and other warn torn towns. In my opinion, the focus of the Media Directorate should have been marketing and packaging the President's visit. The visit should have been sold as a show of leadership, control and love for every Nigerian territory, being presidential and commanding the armed forces and so on. To my greatest surprise, what we got from the Directorate was another bitter statement and accusations of what Buhari did not say; seriously!? The President's visit was not even the headline on the front pages of Nigeria's major newspaper, rather at best it was a rider while Buhari and Chatham house occupied the headlines. The reverse should be the case. Virtually all tv stations debated on Buhari's speech at Chatham house while Mr. President's visit only came as comments. This is terrible PR at its best. Further to this, instead of getting back to work, the Directorate issued a conspiracy theory on how Tinubu wants to be President from the back door and loads of "crap" like that. This is really unfortunate as the Directorate have again failed in helping the President score points. Considering the fact that by PDP's own words, Tinubu has a terminal illness, he is really sick and probably die soon. What should we believe? Have you heard about consistency in PR?

Fear cannot determine Nigeria's future. Hope is what Nigerians yearn for. Hope is the only thing that keeps us sane is this country. We hope to have electricity when we get home, we hope their won't be terrible traffic and so on. A candidate that can give Nigerians hope is for sure who they will follow. It is the job of the media wing of the campaign to market its candidate as the giver of hope. This is surprisingly a task PDP has failed to do. Please get your focus right. There are a lot of groups and individuals who are affiliated with Mr President that can play the fear card if you strongly feel this will help your candidate.

2 Likes

Re: A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 28, 2015
Fear cannot determine Nigeria's future. Hope is
what Nigerians yearn for. Hope is the only thing
that keeps us sane is this country

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy by DelGardo: 11:25am On Feb 28, 2015
Not surprising when their campaign is driven by the likes of Okupe and Fani-Kayode.
Renegades looking to make some money.

Change is coming to your town.
Sai Buhari.
Re: A Review Of Pdp's Presidential Campaign Strategy by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 28, 2015
Typing...........

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Crisis: How Have Nigeria's Militants Become So Strong? BBC NEWS / Fantasy Of Crushing Insurgency In 24 Hours -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / NA Preparation To Retake Bama (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.