Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,330 members, 7,954,337 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

Okada Ban In Portharcourt - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Okada Ban In Portharcourt (2029 Views)

No Going Back On Okada Restriction ─ LASG / How Will The Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Vehicles Affect Car Dealers? / Okada Ban In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Ban In Portharcourt by becky4real(f): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2009
Okada ban in potharcourt River state how do you see it? okada as the most viable means of transportation in Nigeria even though it is a very risky means of transportation like every other means of transportation in Nigeria, was baned by the present state government in River state, Without providing any alternative to that, there by turning people into camel "Jacky" people had to trek with their load through the long street to their houses which has never been easy.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by iukpe: 3:18am On Jan 22, 2009
No more bike accidents- Good
No more abuses on the roads -Good
Less noise- Good

Bike riders were unsafe, untrained, arrogant, irresponsible, dirty etc etc

Lets think of what next to do about getting people from one place to another without bringing back the bikes.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by Seun(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2009
Why is this in the recycle bin? Moved to Autos.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by Tonyet1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2009
well this ban in Port Harcourt i swear has made lives so miserable, commuters now have to treck long and unimagined distances to work, infact u have to see how our ajebota bankers dey camel with slippers to work while their shoes dey inside the bag

its that bad

also, life in PH is a two way thing, FROM HOUSE >>> WORK, WORK>>>>>>HOUSE, no branching again, all spots and bars are really suffering it

pls post this on the front page, make u hear our PH folks they really suffer
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2009
Bikes are dangerous, not really designed for commercial purposes, so I feel the ban's good.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by echelon(m): 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2009
tonye-t:

also, life in PH is a two way thing, FROM HOUSE >>> WORK, WORK>>>>>>HOUSE, no branching again, all spots and bars are really suffering it
Hehehehe!!!

Na true you talk.

Advantages of the ban:
1. Most people now wake up on time to go to work to beat time. Imagine slaughter bridge getting blocked by 6:30am in the morning!
2. A lot of people now trek to work. This will lead to improved physical fitness for most  cheesy. See some people panting!
3. No bike to a great extent reduced motor vehicle accidents. Some of these bikers don't even train to ride before jumping on a motorcycle. I once boarded a bike and driving was unstable, swaying from side to side. The following conversation ensued between I and the okadaman.

I: My friend, e be like say you neva sabi how to drive okada?
Okadaman: Oga, e neva sabi me well well!

I immediately got down and gave the man N20 for the few meters he carried me

4. It brought an end to robbery by bikes.

5. It has made it possible for people to plan their movement before embarking. Unlike before they just jump on a bike and off they went!

It's numerous.

Disadvantages:
1. Increase in motor traffic on the road. Lots of old cars finding their way into the streets - more people buying new cars
2. The ban was not well planned. People are really suffering it.

9ja for life
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by Gifo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2009
The ban itself is a welcome development; only that the palliative measures are a bit short coming. The government-promised buses should be made available to ease the stress.

Meanwhile, we can help give lift to our known neighbours.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2009
Nice!
Let them all go back to the farm and trust me, there will be more food in Nigeria
!! grin
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by echelon(m): 9:41am On Jan 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nice!
Let them all go back to the farm and trust me, there will be more food in Nigeria
!! grin

Are your own palms blistered
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by UNLEASHED(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2009
echelon:

I wonder
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by carnal: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2009
banning the okada at ph was a welcome development but i think what Amaechi govt. didn't remember was to provide an efficient alternative e.g (keke napep )though taxis has been provided but never will be enough and moreover he is yet to finish all the road project he began since last year and that's also an issue.Imagine okporo road in artillery blocked even before 6.30a.m,yes people now to go work very early,infact PH people now wake almost like the lagosians.

My advise-finish the road on time as the rainign season is fast approaching, provide KEKE NAPEP and not taxis or buses as keke napep cannot do all the swaving and manoveuring okada does,with keke napep accident compare to okada is far lesser ,keke napep cannot be use for robbery compare to bike and with keke napep all these trekking and suffering will reduce
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by echelon(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2009
Keke Napep is NOT the solution to the problems. Solution = Roads. Hasten ongoing works and build more roads. Keke Napep will still increase the traffic congestion.

Issues will come to a head when the rains fully arrive.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by MrCrackles(m): 8:05pm On Jan 25, 2009
echelon:

Yes they are, okada man!! grin cheesy
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by femzy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 25, 2009
These governors are kinna going crazy!!

What would happen if thesame thang were to happen in Lag undecided
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by DonSegmond(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2009
How about private motorcycles? Is that banned too? How do they know if someone is an owner of a private bike taking his wife to work?
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by carnal: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
private bikes are not banned,i have come across a number on our roads but you must be able to identify that yours is truly privately owned.
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by echelon(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yes they are, okada man!! grin cheesy
Lol. I'm crackled  cheesy

May I ask what blistered them? Looks like you're already farming grin
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by MrCrackles(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2009
echelon:

Lol. I'm crackled  cheesy

May I ask what blistered them? Looks like you're already farming grin

Tilling the soil of course
Next year's new yam festival has to be impressive so been working extra hours on the farm
Get those retired Okada men down to my village, farmland is abundant
!
grin
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by echelon(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Tilling the soil of course
Next year's new yam festival has to be impressive so been working extra hours on the farm
Get those retired Okada men down to my village, farmland is abundant
!
grin

Crackled some more  cheesy

Look out, I saw a trailer load of motorcycles headed your village.
Just make sure you've enough hoes and matchets for the men coming with the bikes.

My only pondering is what's gonna become of the bikes. hehehehehe
Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt by carnal: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
[quote][/quote]echelon (m)
Océan Atlantique

Re: Okada Ban In Portharcourt
« #11 on: January 24, 2009, 02:34 PM » 

Keke Napep is NOT the solution to the problems. Solution = Roads. Hasten ongoing works and build more roads. Keke Napep will still increase the traffic congestion.

Issues will come to a head when the rains fully arrive. 

i am not saying that keke napep is the final solution oo but all i am saying is that keke napep is going to be part of the immediate solution because i have come to realise that the ameachi govt. is having some challenges as per the vendors they choose to carry out the road re-constructions as it has now become almost impossible for us to see any one of the road completed.

(1) (Reply)

2005 End Of Discussion vin report and pictures included / 2003 Toyota Camry (registerd) Just Like Tokunboh For Sale----***REDUCED***1.25m / Nissan Primera Invitation Toks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.