Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media (47250 Views)

Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by MORNDEW(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
–Journalism should come with Professionalism–

When the Buhari certificate saga began, i followed every bit of the news from all corners of news media in Nigeria. The Nigerian media realy showed that their profeesional take on some issues still need to be reviewed. The rate at which some of them stoop so low to give attention to some mischief makers needs a second look. Also, many capitalised on the undue attention given to them to continue pressing for something that they know does not answer the Nigerian question.

As we speak, there about 10 cases in court on the said certificate saga.

As the heat of the certificate issues raged,Mr. Buhari who the certificate issues centered around, granted an interview to Al-Jazeera after that, came the unexpected one with the almighty Christine Amanpour. When he got to the UK where he was billed to speak at a function organised by the Chattam-House, he granted an interview to a british media house. in all the interviews, i noticed a trend but kept quiet. The zenith of it was the speech at the Chattam-House and the question an answer session that preceded it. Last night i read his interview with the BBC.

After watching Mr. Buhari speak at the event and the questions and answers session, my friend said, they did not ask him about his certificate, i laughed, i said to him, have you noticed that none of the international media house has asked him about such issues? He said thats what he observed too. But why?

I told my friend its because the international media outfits sees it foolhardy and meaningless to question the certificate of a man whose profile of attending the prestigious US war college is still on Wikipedia.

A man who Cambridge confirmed sat and took the WASC exam in 1961.

To them its not by Paper qualifications as we have so coveted, that literacy skills is judged your ability to show such literacy skills. If a man does not have a certificate yet he can express himself in sound spoken English and Writting more than many of the so called B.sc, M.sc and even Phd holder, then is it not a surgeon in futility to start questioning his/her certificate.

Above all, to them the main issue now (which should make the where is your certificate hawkers hide their face in shame) is, what does a candidate have in stock for the people, how will he tackle the burning issue of insecurity, fallen oil price, poverty, unemployment, etc.

This is a lesson to the Nigerian Media, who paid too much attention to some mischief makers who made the certificate issue their daily dosage for their worying issues. This should teach them to know when to ignore some of such meaningless and unprofitable beer parlour discussion and focus on the real issues that affect the common man.

This should also be a lesson to the Nigerian populace to understand that its a futile venture to join those whose aim is to divert our attention to the real issues that bites us hard as a nation and join them in search of their lost human dignity and selling of their integrity to half plate of porridge.
Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/

534 Likes 52 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!

449 Likes 25 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

538 Likes 61 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by means(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Nice observation but we are not unaware of PDP scheme to 'purchase' a court judgment on March 19 to disqualify GMB. The plot is gathering momentum already. APC should brace up to it quickly.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by dokyOloye: 7:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Now,its 1964 he sat for Cambridge,
No longer 1961.
The earlier U ppl come out plain and admit he never sat for any exam,the better.

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by kay1one2(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
Op, you simply mean that Nigerian law should be bent because of Buhari. Get this straight: Because Buhari does not have school certificate but can express himself in spoken and written English does not in any way take away the fact that we have Nigerians who have suffered to study to acquire certificates and can express themselves in written and spoken English better than Buhari.

I have met many people who don't have school certificates but are good writers and speakers of English language. You cannot justify Buhari's disrespect for Nigerian law with such baseless analogy. That's how Buhari refused to appear before Oputa panel. Are you saying those who sat down to outline (in the constitution) the presentation of school certificate to INEC were fools?

Daz all!!!

179 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by atlwireles: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
Buhari is not a candidate of the international media. He is running for the Nigerian presidency.

248 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
berem:
Brilliant post!

What other propaganda can PDP cook up against Buhari that hasn't been busted? Now they have shifted their propaganda on Tinubu and Osinbajo.

The wind of change is coming very fast!!
God bless the General!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
On pnt

6 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by themilanway(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
I had to like the post,the author couldnt have aptly put it more.

That all kinds of columnist have written all kinds of absurd and defamatory things just to spite,mudsling,hate,cast apersion on a qualified and eligible candidate by law of the land,only shows that some of these so called"journalist and media houses"have sold their journalsim principles,tenets and ethics for a pot of porridge

That a well respected media house home and abroad could stoop so low as to air defamatory and a ridiculous lopsided documentary which defeated the three primary functions of journalism,which are:To inform,educate and diseminate informations to the public.

That a well respected media house conducted an independent online poll between two leading presidential candidates to the public,only for it turn around to"rig"the result in favour of a"special candidate",accused the"evil"candidate of manupulating the result,only for this"respected"media house lies to be busted.

Need i say more about our so called"journalist"?

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Splashme: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
This OP is a disgrace. . .

Even Obama was pressured to produce
his birth Certificate

210 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
Now,its 1964 he sat for Cambridge,
No longer 1961.
The earlier U ppl come out plain and admit he never sat for any exam,the better.
Thanks for observing 1964 too. Meaning saint Buhari lied under oath because he said 1961. It seems APC thrives in falsehood and violence.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by gists: 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:

Which Nigerian law are you bending for Buhari? Produce that law or forever keep quiet.
Stup!dity at its peak.

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
gists:

Which Nigerian law are you bending for Buhari? Produce that law or forever keep quiet.
Stup!dity at its peak.
You've just expressed one of the salient characters of APC - hooliganism. Indeed it's the party for your likes.

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by Dannyset(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
If our media outlets had talked about the EkitiGate issue the way they talked about Buhari certificate issue, we would have uncovered a lot by now. Even the food we eat in Nigeria these days is politicised.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by CyberWolf: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
All this kaboo kaboo bloggers self..Buhari said 1961 and you are saying 1964, which one are we gonna believe now?..Simply refund the money paid to you because you did a very bad job..You don't worth it at all..Idiootic OP..

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by EdCure: 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
You've just expressed one of the salient characters of APC - hooliganism. Indeed it's the party for your likes.
I was expecting you to refer him to the law.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by EdCure: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Dannyset:
If our media outlets had talked about the EkitiGate issue the way they talked about Buhari certificate issue, we would have uncovered a lot by now. Even the food we eat in Nigeria these days is politicised.
Bless you!

41 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by henrysam(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
This is Nigeria where we believe so much in certificates
Buhari is not going to be president of united kingdom or the us but Nigeria so we need to ask him
Meanwhile he swore on oath on this.
Op why is there a dichotomy between hnd and bsc in Nigeria.
You can as well go and use your certificates to get job in the UK.
Upon all na pohpoh flushing or plate washing or dead body cleaning they will give u

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
EdCure:

I was expecting you to refer him to the law.
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
MORNDEW:
–Journalism should come with Professionalism–
When the Buhari certificate saga began, i followed every bit of the news from all corners of news media in Nigeria. The Nigerian media realy showed that their profeesional take on some issues still need to be reviewed. The rate at which some of them stoop so low to give attention to some mischief makers needs a second look. Also, many capitalised on the undue attention given to them to continue pressing for something that they know does not answer the Nigerian question.

As we speak, there about 10 cases in court on the said certificate saga.

As the heat of the certificate issues raged,Mr. Buhari who the certificate issues centered around, granted an interview to Al-Jazeera after that, came the unexpected one with the almighty Christine Amanpour. When he got to the UK where he was billed to speak at a function organised by the Chattam-House, he granted an interview to a british media house. in all the interviews, i noticed a trend but kept quiet. The zenith of it was the speech at the Chattam-House and the question an answer session that preceded it. Last night i read his interview with the BBC.

After watching Mr. Buhari speak at the event and the questions and answers session, my friend said, they did not ask him about his certificate, i laughed, i said to him, have you noticed that none of the international media house has asked him about such issues? He said thats what he observed too. But why?

I told my friend its because the international media outfits sees it foolhardy and meaningless to question the certificate of a man whose profile of attending the prestigious US war college is still on Wikipedia.

A man who Cambridge confirmed sat and took the WASC exam in 1964.

To them its not by Paper qualifications as we have so coveted, that literacy skills is judged your ability to show such literacy skills. If a man does not have a certificate yet he can express himself in sound spoken English and Writting more than many of the so called B.sc, M.sc and even Phd holder, then is it not a surgeon in futility to start questioning his/her certificate.

Above all, to them the main issue now (which should make the where is your certificate hawkers hide their face in shame) is, what does a candidate have in stock for the people, how will he tackle the burning issue of insecurity, fallen oil price, poverty, unemployment, etc.

This is a lesson to the Nigerian Media, who paid too much attention to some mischief makers who made the certificate issue their daily dosage for their worying issues. This should teach them to know when to ignore some of such meaningless and unprofitable beer parlour discussion and focus on the real issues that affect the common man.

This should also be a lesson to the Nigerian populace to understand that its a futile venture to join those whose aim is to divert our attention to the real issues that bites us hard as a nation and join them in search of their lost human dignity and selling of their integrity to half plate of porridge.

Curled from: https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/02/28/the-international-media-on-buharis-certificate-saga-and-lessons-to-the-nigerian-media/
You mean Americans and the British citizens would stomach the insubordination of a man who refused to appear before a reconciliation panel and allow him contest election even for a councillor seat?

A liar should have good memory but you don't because you forgot that Americans demanded for birth certificate of Obama and he presented it.

Next time, look for a better way to package the unpackageable.

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by midolian(m): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
IsaAbubakar:
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till 2019
you are as fake as your paymaster..FAKE MOFO.

24 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by EdCure: 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
nationwide1:
You support his insulting me so that I refer him to the law? Birds of a feather flock together.
You shouldn't have said anything. You're not cut out for a debate of this nature.
It is better for you to keep quiet and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubts.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by agabaI23(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
@morndew,

You took your time to write all these just because of certificate? It shows that you are worried about it and you are seeking international media endorsement to make your position appear reasonable.

Give it up already!

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by nationwide1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
EdCure:

You shouldn't have said anything. You're not cut out for a debate of this nature.
It is better to keep quiet and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubts.
Have you ever thought of how silly you appear when you assume that another person is a fool?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by parkhurst: 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
...Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President Jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

17 Likes

Re: The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media by owobokiri(m): 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Who is this paid goon? So if there are available facts to suggest that a candidate aspiring to the highest position in the land lacks the requisite qualifications, we shouldn't ask questions simply because your foreign opinion moulders, the cnn and bbc refused to question him? Silence/inaction are now the epitomes of journalistic excellence?? What a convoluted logic?! Absolute bunkum!!

66 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Cancels Lagos Visit Over Ear Infection - Sahara Reporters / Toyin Saraki Spotted With 50cent - Pictured / Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.