Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Today, Man Does More Miracles Than Jesus Did - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today, Man Does More Miracles Than Jesus Did (466 Views)

Pentecostal Benny Hinn Says Catholics Have More Miracles, Credits Eucharist / Benny Hinn Says Catholics Have More Miracles, Credits Eucharist / Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today, Man Does More Miracles Than Jesus Did by RexBrita: 9:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jesus walked on water. And so does man today. Tonnes of metal (not just floating logs) bearing tones of load sit atop waters (lakes, seas and oceans) around the world. Jesus healed the sick. Humans, in numbers, with all manners of sicknesses get relief in our hospitals today. The blind saw? River blindness, for example, is treatable today. Artificial eyes, limbs, organs, are used today, and perfection is in the pipeline. Tonnes in weight criss-cross the skies every single day. Today we talk to people thousands of miles away whenever we want. We watch live events, almost to the second, of things happening anywhere on the globe. And there are millions of such miracles (small and mighty) that science and technology have permitted.

Anti religion?
Does religion have issues with these modern miracles? No, of course. Remember Jesus said, “verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do . . .” (John 14: 12, KJV). That’s why we pay to experience these miracles when we buy electronic devices; services from medical advancements; live or work in architectural wonders; use loudspeakers, microphones and projectors in religious centers; and the many other provisions of science and technology.

Any doubts
Do I intend to lead people away from Jesus? No. On the contrary, I will to lead people to him via truth. Jesus said, “I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE...”. When man seeks a WAY out of a problem or towards a certain goal, or Heaven if you choose, he will find the TRUTH and this TRUTH will give him life (wholesome satisfying results). Again Jesus said that “… men shall know the truth and the truth will set them free”. Jesus also said that we should seek to find since all who seek must find ( Mathew, 7: 7 – cool. Science only seeks to know the truth and then uses the knowledge to set man free from his numerous natural and imposed limitations – “my people suffer for lack of knowledge”.

Are they really miracles?
We can answer this by comparative assessment. Imagine what a man who lived 500 years ago (let me not go to 2000 years) would think if he were teleported (moved forward) to this millennium. He knew of birds flying. Today he will see ‘birds’ (planes and rockets) bigger than buildings, carrying hundreds of men from place to place. Common diseases that killed then are easily managed today. Preventive therapy keeps some diseases out completely. He will remember that moving from Egypt to the Promised Land was to take 40 days (I’m not so sure again). Today, a Ferari will do it in minutes. Jesus converted water into a beautiful wine. Today, thousands of wonderful bottles of premium wine (both alcoholic and otherwise) that will blow the wedding chairman away with pleasure are being produced by the minute. God created a miracle in man. And man has not disappointed in keeping the tradition. To ask why we cannot do it like the Lord Jesus did is like asking why Jesus did not make a phone call for his donkey to be sent to him. Everything is in its place.

The future
And tomorrow? The possibilities are endless. For example, todays transportation will be snail speed compared to the next 200 years. Then, one will enter a chamber in Lagos, press the codes for New York city and he will appear in another chamber located in New York at the speed of light. Good bye to Airplanes. There are thousands of universities, research institutions and laboratories around the world where new truths are being discovered to be tested and put to use for the benefit of humankind.

To God be all glory.
Re: Today, Man Does More Miracles Than Jesus Did by RexBrita: 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
Man in synch with the creative God
Re: Today, Man Does More Miracles Than Jesus Did by benosky(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

When Last Did I Pray For Nigeria? / Don’t Be Too Late / Prophecy For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.