Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega (53238 Views)

Buhari Swears-in New INEC Commissioners (photos) / NNPC: Buhari Set To Replace Kachikwu, Shortlists Three Northerners - Daily Post / FG Makes List Of Four INEC Commissioners That Will Succeed Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Prof Jega had four years to prepare for this election but wasted it.

He had planned to rig not only the election but also 2016 census in favour of North-East and North-west by allocating unimaginable extra polling units to the zone until he was forcefully stopped by the Senate from applying his option A.

Then Jega decided to use inequitable distribution of PVC as option B to rig the election where he allow proxies to collect and distribute in the North while dumping that of the South in various INEC offices across the regions with a stringent set of rules.

To make the matter worst Prof Jega wants to use the loophole in our constitution and electoral law known as substantial compliance to legally deny millions of voters across South their PVC in order to reduce their regional voting power and population estimate

Jega has contributed negatively to fall in Naira against the dollar by repeated lying on the fathom readiness of INEC before 14th Feb, 2014.

God bless you bro...Sincerely, I am finding this forum a little boring with so many unintelligent and uninformed individuals ranting aimlessly around and about here...sentiments without brains...kudos again for this intelligent post...
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by xcolanto(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2015
Jega has been compromised! He must go... tongue

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by ceejay80s(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
Way to go.Since Jega is due for leave, someone else should step in
And who told u that gej isn't due to step down
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by fasbat(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[b]"Alleged terminal leave, illegal —Falana, Ubani

In their separate reactions, rights lawyers, including Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan lacked the power to either sack Jega, or send him on a terminal leave. A former chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. Monday Ubani, and Mr. Malachy Ugwummadu, also spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH in separate interviews.

They cited provisions of Section 158 of the constitution as providing that the INEC Chairman could only be sacked with the approval of two-third majority of the members of the Senate.

Falana also explained that Section 155 of the constitution conferred independence on the INEC chairman with immunity from any directive or influence from any person or authority.

The senior advocate said, “At his last presidential chat, the president gave the erroneous impression that he could hire and fire the chairman of INEC. With profound respect, that is not correct.

“By virtue of Section 155 of the constitution, the INEC chairman has a renewable five-year tenure. The appointment and removal has to be by the resolution of no less than a two-third majority of the Senate.

“Before the resolution is passed, the President will need to address the Senate and justify the reasons on the need to remove the INEC chairman on account of his inability to discharge his duties.

“On the issue of sending Jega on terminal leave, the President has no power to do that because once appointed, the INEC chairman is not subject to the control or directive of any power or authority by virtue of Section 158 of the constitution.”

On his part, Ugwummadu, said beyond the constitutional provisions conferring immunity against undue influence on the INEC chairman, Nigerians were paying close attention to any plot to remove the INEC boss.

He said, “The idea of sacking Prof. Attahiru Jega has been making the rounds and should be watched carefully just as we have remained circumspect regarding the further shift of the elections.”

Ubani threatened to personally lead a “nationwide crusade” against the President should there be any attempt by his administration to remove Jega, having earlier publicly promised that he (President Jonathan) had no such intention."
[/b]

Because Jonathan got away with illegality he did with Sanusi, he now thinks he can get away with this. The courts are there to settle this.
and annoyingly, e election might not hold because, APC will never be part of d election if d INEC chair is removed when d election is near, Can OBJ be right after all? But ,I hold my peace till GEJ and his wicked kitchen cabinet set d country on fire ,who be Jonathan? He no get d LIVER, I swear!!!!
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Elan83(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2015
toyoutoyou:
His mom will never be ashamed of him because his mom herself failed to raise him in a reasonable manner.They are all set of shameless people.
ur own mum's integrity is qustnable 4 raisin a goon lyk u!
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by rman: 11:58am On Mar 01, 2015
cutieemperorh:

What do u mean by an average nigerian is dumb, u must be a ghananian goat or chadian cow to say that... Seun should pls device a means to determine the nature of users before they can register cos more flea are infecting this beautiful forum daily...

So ur animal brain think the finance minister and CBN governor determine the rise and fall of the naira to the dollar... I'm happy to tell u that u are a more acute fool

You see, you just confirmed my initial assertion. Read the poster I quoted before coming online to display your abysmal ignorance.

Quick to insult and hide behind ethic and religious sentiments but VERY SLOW IN LOGICAL AND CRITICAL REASONING.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by dazdilijae(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2015
Our country is made up of clowns and nicompos sorry to say.
Why were laws and regulations made in the public service? Why do we politicise everything? We are killing this country in the name of personal political interest. Is INEC supposed to be about a person? I tot it is an institution made up of many people who ve collective decision making powers @ different levels, does it mean dat (God forbid) the head of a govt. Agency drops dead the work stops? What's the fuse in 1man who only signs papers while other do the job? We should build systems that lives longer than any political tenor. The politician should stop interfering in the public service making every action and inaction of a public servant who's stay in governance is designed to out live 4 consecutive 2terms politician. If the regulation says you are to go for a terminal leave 3mouths to the expiration of your term be it INEC or NNPC or Ministry of culture as long as you are a public servant you must obey the regulations and no amount of political noise making can change it. The only reason you can stay is if the 2nd tenor is approved. People should go and read the public service rule(PSR) which is the bible of public servants in Nigeria before quoting section this and that. Its not a sack neither a removal it is an end of tenor.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by anwo247: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
personal59:

My dear at least peoples opinion shouldn't be your headache cos I never mention ur name nor quote ur message to giv my opinion so y are u putting urself on d run when no one is running after u av given out my own opinion is for u to tk or lev. Just hear urself out until he pronounce 'psycology' my grand ma did nt atten any school whatsoever nd d manner she behave, the way she talk nd give advice, the way she do compose herself nd correct we d children shows that education in terms of going to school is not what we need moreover to my best of understanding education is all about knowing little about all and all about little so y do we av to kill our self just because of someone's tone my dear sincerely u also need EDUCATION

Nothing personal bro... only I do not see buhari as a man Nigeria can call his president of 21st century...really we are more than all he can think, given all the education he lacked and his antecedents

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by toyoutoyou: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
U are what u are because of ur source.U and ur people are all over here.
Elan83:
ur own mum's integrity is qustnable 4 raisin a goon lyk u!
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by onatisi(m): 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I created a thread yesterday based on discussion I head with prominent man ((name withheld) in Kebbi State. https://www.nairaland.com/2171244/pressure-jonathan-sack-inec-chairman

We are ready for Jonathan. Go ahead and push Jega out illegally and see what happens. Abacha and Babangida tried it but they failed. Jonathan will definitely fail. If you can win an election, you change the umpire. Jega has done nothing wrong.
siddon here for nairaland dey talk rubbish . If and when jega is removed, go and reappoint him urself .

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Globawatch: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
[quote author=etenyong post=31187364][/quote]
Ṣé Ohun Tí Ọlọ́run Fẹ́ Kó Máa Ṣẹlẹ̀ Nìyí?

KA ÌWÉ ìròyìn èyíkéyìí tó o bá rí. Wo tẹlifíṣọ̀n, tàbí kó o gbọ́ rédíò, wàá rí i pé ìròyìn nípa ìwà ọ̀daràn, ogun àti ìpániláyà ló gbayé kan. Ronú nípa ìdààmú ọkàn tíwọ fúnra rẹ náà ní. Bóyá àìlera tàbí ikú ẹnì kan tó o fẹ́ràn ló tiẹ̀ ń kó ìdààmú ọkàn bá ọ. Ó lè máa ṣe ọ́ bíi ti Jóòbù tó sọ pé, “ìdààmú bo [òun] mọ́lẹ̀.”—Jóòbù 10:15, Ìtumọ̀ Bíbélì The Holy Bible in the Language of Today.
Wá bí ara rẹ pé:
▪ Ṣé ohun tí Ọlọ́run fẹ́ kó máa ṣẹlẹ̀ sí mi àti sáwọn èèyàn yòókù láyé rèé?
▪ Ibo ni màá ti rí ìrànlọ́wọ́ tí màá fi lè kojú àwọn ìṣòro mi?
▪ Ǹjẹ́ ìrètí kankan tiẹ̀ wà pé àlàáfíà ṣì ń bọ̀ wá jọba lórí ilẹ̀ ayé yìí?
Inú Bíbélì la ti lè rí ìdáhùn tí ń tẹni lọ́rùn sí àwọn ìbéèrè wọ̀nyí.
BÍBÉLÌ FI KỌ́NI PÉ ỌLỌ́RUN YÓÒ MÚ KÍ ÀWỌN OHUN RERE WỌ̀NYÍ ṢẸLẸ̀ LÓRÍ ILẸ̀ AYÉ.
“Yóò sì nu omijé gbogbo nù kúrò ní ojú wọn, ikú kì yóò sì sí mọ́, bẹ́ẹ̀ ni kì yóò sí ọ̀fọ̀ tàbí igbe ẹkún tàbí ìrora mọ́.”—Ìṣípayá 21:4
“Ẹni tí ó yarọ yóò gun òkè gan-an gẹ́gẹ́ bí akọ àgbọ̀nrín ti ń ṣe.”—Aísáyà 35:6
“Ojú àwọn afọ́jú yóò là.” —Aísáyà 35:5
“Gbogbo àwọn tí wọ́n wà nínú ibojì ìrántí yóò . . . jáde wá.”—Jòhánù 5:28, 29
“Kò sì sí olùgbé kankan tí yóò sọ pé: ‘Àìsàn ń ṣe mí.’”—Aísáyà 33:24
“Ọ̀pọ̀ rẹpẹtẹ ọkà yóò wá wà lórí ilẹ̀.”—Sáàmù 72:16
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I created a thread yesterday based on discussion I head with prominent man ((name withheld) in Kebbi State. https://www.nairaland.com/2171244/pressure-jonathan-sack-inec-chairman

We are ready for Jonathan. Go ahead and push Jega out illegally and see what happens. Abacha and Babangida tried it but they failed. Jonathan will definitely fail. If you can win an election, you change the umpire. Jega has done nothing wrong.

I get irritated most times seeing sentimental, uninformed and biased comments like yours littered all over this forum...
1)Why threaten Jonathan as if you can withstand yellow fever bulala talk more of other paramilitary or military forces?
2) Is the topic about terminal leave or sack ? Is it a constitutional matter or an executive fiat?
3)Must Jonathan circumvent the constitution to please your lot and APC? Even if election is tomorrow; and Jega's tenure elapses today. He has to go otherwise any election conducted after then by him is illegal...Or you want Jonathan to contravene the law to make you happy Why is it that other officers before him went on such constitutional terminal leave without rancour except him Should we shift the goal post because of him & APC?
4) Should Jega still be talking about PVC distribution by this time; If he was unbiased and ready for the elections
5)How logical is it to you that Northeast with the insurgency and wanton deaths cum destruction from boko haram has over 70%PVC collection than the seemingly peaceful south
6)Is your rant a product of patriotism or perjured mindset?
7)What was Jega doing since 4years ago which he had to prepare for this election?

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Nazeeboy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass
madness is also when you type all this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by dazdilijae(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I get irritated most times seeing sentimental, uninformed and biased comments like yours littered all over this forum...
1)Why threaten Jonathan as if you can withstand yellow fever bulala talk more of other paramilitary or military forces?
2) Is the topic about terminal leave or sack ? Is it a constitutional matter or an executive fiat?
3)Must Jonathan circumvent the constitution to please your lot and APC? Even if election is tomorrow; and Jega's tenure elapses today. He has to go otherwise any election conducted after then by him is illegal...Or you want Jonathan to contravene the law to make you happy Why is it that other officers before him went on such constitutional terminal leave without rancour except him Should we shift the goal post because of him & APC?
4) Should Jega still be talking about PVC distribution by this time; If he was unbiased and ready for the elections
5)How logical is it to you that Northeast with the insurgency and wanton deaths cum destruction from boko haram has over 70%PVC collection than the seemingly peaceful south
6)Is your rant a product of patriotism or perjured mindset?
7)What was Jega doing since 4years ago which he had to prepare for this election?

God bless you I still ve hope in this country due to people like this who reason outside political lines on issues of Nation building and say it as it is nt painting 1side and show it to the world while hiding the unpainted side.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by poiZon: 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

na so dem de talk.
sanusi dem sack am nothing una do.
jega dem go sack am u esp wont do NOTHING!
abi hw u wan take do am, bomb or disappear?
nothng u fit do wey never happen bfor for naija, oh u will SPLIT d country?

that will be nice.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by SamMilla1(m): 12:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

i heard you shot Jonathan when the election was postponed.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by adepiero: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
@Sincerenigerian, I love all your response to all these clueless Jonathanians rant. your reply are as precise and meaningful as that of Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by aperture11: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
We are heading for a stalemate which favors PDP. The house will not approve the next person appointed if the allegations are true. And then we will have the interim Government that we are all saying is unconstitutional. I do not think people should be this desperate to hold on to power.

God help Nigeria the uncertainty that lies ahead favors no one.
The judiciary should be appointing electoral umpires not the Presidency as in other climes. The office of the President of Nigeria has too much unnecessary power.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by deletrue: 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Who are these riff raffs? Sincere, do not mind them.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by soludo93(m): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by mrtheo33: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
when it is natural for jega to go, then things will follow their natural course.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin
so lets watch why the game unfolds.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Mccullum: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2015
So, who is planning to rig between PDP & APC is it d one dt against cards readin machine or one dt accept d use of it, removing Jega wil only caused favorism for d incumbent & cause manupulation of againstin d use of card reader dt wil pave ways fo massive rigging & cause another postponement of election on xcuse for d newly appointed chairman to prepair for election.

Stil watching, may God help & guide us for better & rewarding future,

Nig, Good people
Great Nation.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by soludo93(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

To see an APC blind supporter who's even remotely knowledgeable and somewhat sound academically is naturally difficult, and you didn't make an effort to proof that wrong. What's illegal about Jega who was engaged on June 2010 going to terminal leave by March 2015 (three months to the official termination of his appointment) as constitution demands. You and your general should drop your lofty ambitions and go back to school.

2 Likes

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Larriekay: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
PrinceMario:
And this is the dumbest post I've ever came across since I have been visiting nairaland.
Jega contributed to the devaluation of Naira? Is Jega the finance minister? is he the CBN governor? Was Jega the one who looted the $45b external reserve or was he the one who looted the $25b Excess Crude oil Reserve(ECR)?. What about the $25b unremitted NNPC fund.
My advice: Get all your certificates and return them back one after the other to the institutions you got them them,please start with your primary one result. And after you might have done all this,return to your parents and beg for their forgiveness for their money you've wasted in going to school.
Thereafter go to the top of a very high mountain to fast for seven days and seven nights telling God to restore your senses to your.

Come to thank me later.
lmao, see finishing
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by olexy4real(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
Vicotex:
What is madness?

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically turn you to a Mark Zuckerberg

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will automatically give you 24/7 hour electricity (Let there be light, and there was light) grin

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will land you a job in Shell

Madness is when you think voting for Buhari will eradicate your personal & family problems.

Madness is when you think voting a Buhari will automatically land GOODLUCK & FAYOSE in Kirikiri, while TINUBU & AMAECHI moves freely from Lagos to Bayelsa, Abuja to Delta. cheesy

What is madness?

Madness is YOU, if you've ever assume any of the above will come to pass

There real definition of madness is doing the same thing all over again and expecting a different result. That's madness.
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by butanep(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Prof Jega had four years to prepare for this election but wasted it.

He had planned to rig not only the election but also 2016 census in favour of North-East and North-west by allocating unimaginable extra polling units to the zone until he was forcefully stopped by the Senate from applying his option A.

Then Jega decided to use inequitable distribution of PVC as option B to rig the election where he allow proxies to collect and distribute in the North while dumping that of the South in various INEC offices across the regions with a stringent set of rules.

To make the matter worst Prof Jega wants to use the loophole in our constitution and electoral law known as substantial compliance to legally deny millions of voters across South their PVC in order to reduce their regional voting power and population estimate

Jega has contributed negatively to fall in Naira against the dollar by repeated lying on the fathom readiness of INEC before 14th Feb, 2014.
You are a bloody illerate. You don't know what you are saying? Is He(Jega) that will force people from their homes to collect their PVCS. INEC was ready but the security claimed, they are not ready. How did inec cause devaluation of our currency? Our economy have been down for years now...
Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by icedbreez(m): 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
The lesson here is: Never bite the hand that feeds you...some persons here can foam in the mouth all they want, they can threaten thunder and brimstone but the truth is they cant do anything. They ll protest and the security apparatus ll subdue them.
The moment Jega started hobnobbing with APC behind closed doors he lost the sympathy of most Nigerians, the Dubai accusations re still there. Some persons go die deaths wey dem nor suppose die foe this elections, others go bring death upon their own selves but Nigeria ll go on and politicians ll be politicians. ...a word should be enough for the wise. I ll only go out to the street with weapons to protest when I see Tinubu, Amaeachi, Saraki Jonathan or Okupe first sons in front of me.

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by tallceejay(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
sincerenigerian:

I thot you were quoting a top gun in the country .

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by sammiy: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Sir Abel Guobadia was confirmed as the Chairman
of Nigeria's Independent National Electoral
Commission by the Nigerian Senate in May 2000.
Guobada retired from this position in May 2005
becoming the first, and so far, only Chairman of the
Electoral Commission since Nigeria's independence in
1960, to complete his tenure.In
June 2005, maurince Iwu succeeded Abel Guobadia as Chairman of INEC. Iwu's tenure was due to
expire on 13 June, 2010. However, on 28 April 2010
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, who has
committed himself to pursuing electoral reform,
removed Iwu from office. So at no point have Inec chairman proceeded on terminal leave, 3months to the expiration of his tenure, And I wonder why a different rule hv to apply to Jega

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by micrep3030(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
Geja must go

1 Like

Re: FG Shortlists Four INEC Commissioners To Succeed Jega by Ngwakwe: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
rman:

The average Nigerian is dumb, otherwise, no one should sit in front of a PC and type the post above. In fact, the bolded part can only come from someone so sentimental and naive.

JEGA contributed to fall of naira against the dollar. Is he the finance minister or CBN governor?

Mr man, the uncertainty in today's market was created by Jega when he laid all blames on security forces and by extension the government for the shift in date of the election instead of accepting partial responsibility if not total.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola, Babangida, Jonathan & Yaradua Story / President Buhari Reacts To Super Eagles Victory Over Iceland / Buhari And Tinubu Pictured In Presidential Jet As They Leave For Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.