Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student (17823 Views)

DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) / UNIZIK 300L Student Dies In Fatal Accident (photos) / Crowd Of Students In Night Class At Unizik, Nnewi Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by nairaarea: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Students of College of health sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe university, Nnewi campus are currently awaiting the intervention of the school authority over a case involving a popular landlord nicknamed ‘Youngest Landlord’ and a student of the department of nursing science, Kosi Nwoye. It was reported that the said student was beaten by the landlord on Friday 28 February, 2015 after a dispute that ensued why the later was about to fetch water at the tap. According to an eye witness, after the dispute, the landlord went into his room and took his belt and ran into the student's room and started flogging and hitting her. It took the intervention of some other students to stop the battering of Kosi. The student, who is currently writing her semester exams is now experiencing terrible pains as a result of the inhumane and barbaric treatment she got on Friday.

You may ask: Is the landlord remorseful? My answer is NO. He was said to have told the school security that he will give the girl her money and evict her out of the lodge for calling him an idiot and also promised another tenant called Mimi that she was next. The Student Union Government (SUG), has called on students not to take laws into their hands as due process will be followed to ensure that the landlord is brought to book. The Chief security Officer and the Sub Dean of student Affairs have been briefed about the issue and students are waiting for them to take necessary action to forestall any further harassment of students.

ABOUT THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES UNIZIK
College of health sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi campus is a relatively unknown branch of UNIZIK with a population of about 3000 students with 3 faculties and eight departments and just about 6 classrooms. Students lamented that this catastrophic shortage of classrooms make it difficult for students to receive lectures. Students even have to jump through window while hustling for a space in class while others who cannot struggle, receive lectures through the windows. A particular student also said 340 students were recently admitted into the college to study environmental health sciences without any classroom to accommodate that number. It was a common sight to see students studying under the few trees on the campus. The road inside the school were also said to have been abandoned by a certain contractor. The road leading to the college is also in a terrible state, sport facilities are dilapidated. We hope to get more information about the happenings in this college soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2015
this is bad cry why would a sane person beat up a lady with belt? can he do this to a guy? we need gender equality in Nigeria.#feminist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:35am On Mar 01, 2015
That man fvck up need to be freezed very mak e no sour.. Sori to the Beatee, get well soon if wounded& to oga Beater; na tonda go faya u 1st b4 d gods bigin reason ur matter..

1 Like

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by nairaarea: 11:59am On Mar 01, 2015
Cc: seun, obinoscoppy
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by nairaarea: 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
THE SCHOOL SHOULD NOT SWEEP THIS MATTER UNDER THE CARPET

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by PHgirl(f): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
The landlord should be reported to the police. And does the school have any landlord-tenant relationship law? If so, he should face the full wrath of the law.
#My2Pounds.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Wuuworld(m): 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Something is fishy here....are u sure the babe wasn't pay by the Youngest landlord and she refused to delay the product?.....OP,ask well..
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by nairaarea: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
Wuuworld:
Something is fishy here....are u sure the babe wasn't pay by the Youngest landlord and she refused to delay the product?.....OP,ask well..

WHAT THE LANDLORD DID IS UNCIVIL
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by nairaarea: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
I HOPE THE STUDENTS WILL NOT PROTEST
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by AMAKAVIOLA: 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mods Front Page oh!!!!
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by ifex370(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
space
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by freecocoa(f): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
Just imagine.

Just sue the hediot, I don't know why people just beat up anyone they feel they can in this country, it's really annoying.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by xmich(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
Oga landlord! Oga landlord!! Oga landlord!!! how many times wey i call you,for your mind you now you go be like nothing in happen,but one thing wey i asure be say one day one day monkey go,go market ino go return,you see this st kind thing way you do so no try am for Aba ooh,because if you do any thing wey happen no talk say i no tell you oh,
Abeg make i ask you,that girl wey you rush enter house go carry belt nack black and white they poss na your sister,abi your house girl even if na your house girl even you no get the right,for this 21st century na im you dey beat person Pikin,you no dey fear hmm na because say you be my brother na im make i dey yarn am give you so because say if naija police gam you for that action my guy na another case be that oh on the case you got killed the kind allegation wey they to level ontop your head eh,+including the spicies wey we journalist add i no sure say shame go gree you return this world again,

a word is enough for the wise gringringrin;

1 Like

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by steppin: 7:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Kosi dey do stingy for pomo, landlord come vex!

1 Like

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by ozoigbondu: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
UNZIK students do something about it.It is a slap on your face
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by englishmart(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
it's either the student was too respectful, or the landlord is a wrestler
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Ilekeh(f): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ekiti students would have whopped that landlord to tenant status.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by hensben(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Vickydera2:
this is bad cry why would a sane person beat up a lady with belt? can he do this to a guy? we need gender equality in Nigeria.#feminist
U well so?...sorry nor be for this country una wan for do feminism.the man is wrong but I can categorically tell you that the girl was disrespectful....no sane man will beat up a girl for no reason.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
unizik again
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by afolwalex20(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2015
My landlord no fit try am sha!!!
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Laid2001: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
the guy is mad na.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Wuuworld:
If we 'ask well' and discover the answer will that then now warrant his behaviour??

1 Like

Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by kcsider: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
Barbaric! To say the least. But wetin the student do am na?
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
No funds= No hostel.

Thanks PDP. grin

Your lecturers go on strike in this country so that they can get excess funding for universities....but since PDP can no longer source extra funds thanks to the drop in oil prices....expect more students to be at the mercy of Youngest landlord types.

The sad thing is that APC too is no different.

Nigeria MUST industrialize....so that we can have the GDP needed to adequately fund education....or we face reality and charge every student fees of N150000 and higher.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Stay Updated with latest news & gists on ur BBM
Add Up Pin: 3334CA66
DailyTimes:
[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/naira.jpg[/img]
ALSO READ: > GET PAID FOR JUST POSTINg COMMENTS [READ DETAILS]
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by money121(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Seelahray94(f): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Dat so-called landlord needs jesus
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Viktor1983(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Mba nu! Yea sure ladies sabi how to get on a brothers nerves but still There's no justifiable reason to assault a woman. He F'd up
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Unizik again
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by AreaFada2: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
Vickydera2:

Same reason I have said elsewhere that at least 50% of people in 9ja have one kind of mental imbalance or another.

There's just too much aggression, violence, thug things and so on. embarassed
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by eightsin(m): 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
This story is not complete. What did the girl do? The story is one sided. We need every available details.
Re: Landlord Beats Up UNIZIK Nnewi Student by IVORY2009(m): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
englishmart:
it's either the student was too respectful, or the landlord is a wrestler

what is the meaning of this again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady accuses Madonna University of getting her brother locked up over a Facebook / Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% / Unilag Transcript Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.