Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? (2911 Views)

Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
What should be the wise thing to do when a doctrine is not supported by scriptures ?

Or not even stated in the bible but propounded by men.

Should it be: manage the doctrine and teaching and tell oneself that it is well or to take decisive action and do away with such doctrines or teachings not consistent with the bible ?

Should the fear of God not push one to take decisive action ?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Orunto: 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do not be equally yoked with unbeliever. Also, remember that all Scriptures are from above and they are good for learning.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 6:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Orunto:
Do not be equally yoked with unbeliever. Also, remember that all Scriptures are from above and they are good for learning.

Welcome, ok.
Your concern is on unbelievers, fine.
but on the above topic, what's your take ?

For one to ensure God's approval, should one not make Hays while the son Shines, by rejecting doctrines that are in conflicts with Bible ?

What do you say ?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 6:19am On Mar 07, 2015
Hanging on to a doctrine that you have found to be in contradiction with the bible does raise the question why ?

Is it due to the fear of men ?
is it cause dady GO approves of it ?

Should one follow what the GO says or one should follow what the bible says ?

take note, lives are at stake on this.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Anas09: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2015
Ok let's start by mentioning dis coctrines then we can proceed from there. Is that ok? On ur own I'd say, follow the scripture, read the bible for ueself. Let's use the gift sight that we r blessed wif.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by urheme: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Anas09:
Ok let's start by mentioning dis coctrines then we can proceed from there. Is that ok? On ur own I'd say, follow the scripture, read the bible for ueself. Let's use the gift sight that we r blessed wif.

Good,
The doctrine of digging the dead from their resting places and calling it saint for the purpose of worship, is it crime or biblical

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by urheme: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2015
Orunto:

Above from where?

The word of God is uncorrupted, it has be written and placed in your heart. Heb 8:7-12.
Take note of verse 11,

The scripture in your heart and conscience is superior to the bible, the question is: are there any doctrine in there?. What are they?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
loveroftruth:
What should be the wise thing to do when a doctrine is not supported by scriptures ?

Should it be: manage the doctrine and teaching and tell oneself that it is well or to take decisive action and do away with such doctrines or teachings not consistent with the bible ?

reject whatever is contradictory to scriptures, but make sure it is really contradictory and you are not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by paulGrundy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
loveroftruth:

Loveroftruth/truthislight aka BERNIMORE How many of your watchtower doctrine that is not compatible with the bible have you done away with?
Let us learn to lead by example before throwing stones.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2015
Anas09:

It was a question. We should all individually give ourselves the answers.

Some people maynot think it is peudent to let go of their once cherished doctrines that has no direct fondation fron the bible/contradicts it.

Most are stuck with it in other to feel belong.

Key word, "in contradiction with the bible".
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 12:17am On Apr 14, 2015
urheme:

Good,
The doctrine of digging the dead from their resting places and calling it saint for the purpose of worship, is it crime or biblical

It is even worst if christians are to do what the bible does not even command them to do, that should be equalling = LAWLESSNESS.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Scholar8200(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
urheme:

Above from where?

The word of God is uncorrupted, it has be written and placed in your heart. Heb 8:7-12.
Take note of verse 11,

The scripture in your heart and conscience is superior to the bible,[i][/i] the question is: are there any doctrine in there?. What are they?
kindly substantiate the bolded statement in the light of Romans 10:17,14 15:4, Acts 17:10-13 1 Peter 2:2, Colossians 4:16 2 Timothy 3:16 Revelations 22:18,19. Regards

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by urheme: 8:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ubenedictus:

reject whatever is contradictory to scriptures, but make sure it is really contradictory and you are not mistaken.

Ubenedictus, tell us what is legal and biblical about the practices of digging people from their graves and calling it saint for purpose of worship

I am really sure it does contradict the law of God and universal principles undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by paulGrundy(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
loveroftruth:

It is even worst if christians are to do what the bible does not even command them to do, that should be equalling = LAWLESSNESS.

The early christains didn't call their meeting places kingdom halls instead it was called church. They didn't practise door to door preaching. Can we equal that to lawlessness?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2015
urheme:

Ubenedictus, tell us what is legal and biblical about the practices of digging people from their graves and calling it saint for purpose of worship

I am really sure it does contradict the law of God and universal principles undecided

hehehehe, we venerate(profundly respect) people and even the remains of Christians are treated with respect because they were once temples of the holyspirit, we do not "worship" them in the sense you mean.

The bible has examples of great men whose graves are dug and their remain translated to a different location, it is biblical.

Ex 13:19
And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him; for Joseph had solemnly sworn "God will visit you; then you must carry my bones from here"

here is an example of the biblical practice of translating the remains of the dead. Catholics sometimes translate the remains of the dead if necessary from their previous graves to consecrated grounds.

There is nothing sinful about translating the remains of the dead.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by urheme: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ubenedictus:

hehehehe, we venerate(profundly respect) people and even the remains of Christians are treated with respect because they were once temples of the holyspirit, we do not "worship" them in the sense you mean.

The bible has examples of great men whose graves are dug and their remain translated to a different location, it is biblical.

And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him; for Joseph had solemnly sworn "God will visit you; then you must carry my bones from here"

here is an example of the biblical practice of translating the remains of the dead. Catholics sometimes translate the remains of the dead if necessary from their previous graves to consecrated grounds.

Have a nice day.

So because moses took bones it becomes a doctrine to remove the dead from their resting place even when half decayed, does it make sense to you
The verse you cited did not say by extention that christians should vandalise graves, it is rather an act of disrespect to the dead. An act of crime soto say undecided

I give up on you guys cry
Really
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
urheme:

So because moses took bones it becomes a doctrine to remove the dead from their resting place even when half decayed, does it make sense to you
The verse you cited did not say by extention that christians should vandalise graves, it is rather an act of disrespect to the dead. An act of crime soto say undecided

Really

why are you still crying?

You asked for biblical citations for the practice of traslating the remains of the dead, I kindly did so and showed you it isn't unbiblical as you claimed and yet you continue to cry?

What exactly is your problem?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by btoks: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
urheme:

Really

But the scriptures do not give a minute by minute commentary of everything that happened. He's given you a relevant citation. At least try to understand that there may be a lot more to it rather than dismissing all together.
I think the issue you should be looking at is one of authority i.e.how can you tell what is doctrine or not. E.g. is the consecrated bread and wine really the body & blood of Jesus or not.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by loveroftruth: 10:42am On May 13, 2015
Ubenedictus:

why are you still crying?

You asked for biblical citations for the practice of traslating the remains of the dead, I kindly did so and showed you it isn't unbiblical as you claimed and yet you continue to cry?

What exactly is your problem?

Are you supposed to be a "Christian" ?

If yes, is it then rational to do all that you heard that the Jews and their Jewish religion did ?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2015
loveroftruth:

Are you supposed to be a "Christian" ?

If yes, is it then rational to do all that you heard that the Jews and their Jewish religion did ?

are you the only Christian on nl who missed the passage that says " what was written in former times are for our instructiion"?

Or did you somehow forget that the old tesament is part of the christain bible?
Or you are not aware that the new t was writen by jews?
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by truthislight: 5:38am On May 31, 2015
Ubenedictus:

Have a nice day.

Yeah!

They were "Christians" while doing the above ^.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by truthislight: 5:47am On May 31, 2015
Ubenedictus:

are you the only Christian on nl who missed the passage that says " what was written in former times are for our instructiion"?

Or did you somehow forget that the old tesament is part of the christain bible?
Or you are not aware that the new t was writen by jews?

Where is my bull let me go carry out animal sacrifice. It is biblical! ASAP.

Aaahhhhh! grin
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Orunto: 10:00am On May 31, 2015
The OT is the History of the Hebrews, adopted and accepted by Greece, Italy, Roman Empire, USSR and the NT. The NT is an Extention, Expansion and a Development of the OT to give CREDENCE to the Messiah that arrived at the time He was expected. So the Gospel is just a Precis of His Life here on earth. The Bible is the summary of the Principles and Practices of the Legends' Actions, Interactions and Movements in us. The Jews(spirit of Abraham), the Islamists(spirit of Ishmael) and the Christians(spirit of Isaac) all accept the Bible as Directives from God. They believe that God inspired the writters and concluded that, "All Scriptures are from above and good for teaching". So when a Buddist quotes for you, relate such to Proverbs, to the entire OT and NT, using JC as your standards, if you are a Christian and to Quran which is a Scripture relevant to the Bible and also inspired from above. If you fear Him(God) and pray, He can in one second trance teach you all about Him in the Bible without you reading the Bible. In the NT, Jesus is the way, the truth and the Life, so when I say, "All tribes in Nigeria must be always proud to be Nigerians", am I not stating the Truth? Is this not good to inculcate to Yorubas, Igbos and Fulanis? Why should some tribes clamour for separation when they are simultaneously present with other tribes plundering them with reckless abandon? This is a satanic confusion that makes life on earth a hell for other religions.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:58am On Jun 01, 2015
truthislight:

Yeah!

They were "Christians" while doing the above ^.

they certainly were the "true religion" at the time with the manifest presence of God.

In the wildest sense posible I may define Christian as one who attained salvation through Christ or whose sins were passed over in view of Christ sacrifice. So yeah, in that sense they were the true religion and the sacrifice of Christ did spill over both forward into history and backward into the past. Justifying the old testament saints and bringing salvation to us in the new t.

That is why I am not suprised that even the early Christian practiced exactly the same thing moses did. When a christians was killed in persecution, the early Christians made a point of translating the remains from where ever the pagan put it and reverent bury that temple where the holyspirit was dwelt in hope of the resurrection, but unfortunately d so called modern christians are not taught Church history.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by urheme: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ubenedictus:

they certainly were the "true religion" at the time with the manifest presence of God.

In the wildest sense posible I may define Christian as one who attained salvation through Christ or whose sins were passed over in view of Christ sacrifice. So yeah, in that sense they were the true religion and the sacrifice of Christ did spill over both forward into history and backward into the past. Justifying the old testament saints and bringing salvation to us in the new t.

That is why I am not suprised that even the early Christian practiced exactly the same thing moses did. When a christians was killed in persecution, the early Christians made a point of translating the remains from where ever the pagan put it and reverent bury that temple where the holyspirit was dwelt in hope of the resurrection, but unfortunately d so called modern christians are not taught Church history.

Boring sad

truthislight:

Where is my bull let me go carry out animal sacrifice. It is biblical! ASAP.
Aaahhhhh! grin

Animal sacrifice is nolonger appealing to the christian god.
You need to grab Jesus but unfortunately you can,t

btoks:
. E.g. is the consecrated bread and wine really the body & blood of Jesus or not.

Good question
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by truthislight: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by truthislight: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Ubenedictus:

LOL GUY, ARE YOU ON DRUG OR WHAT ?

YOUR MENTAL ARRANGEMENT THAT CAUSES YOU TO ATTEMPT TO UPTURN THE TRUTH IS DISTURBING.

THE TERM "CHRISTIAN" IMPLIES FOLLOWER OF CHRIST. SIMPLE!

SO, HOW CAN YOU ANSWER THAT THE JEWS THAT LIVED BEFORE CHRIST WERE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST ? (HENCE, CHRISTIANS).
IS THE ISSUE ABOUT WHO IS PRACTICING TRUE RELIGION ? OR IF THEY OF OLD PRACTICE TRUE RELIGION ? NO! RATHER, THE QUESTION WAS IF THEY WERE CHRISTIANCE.

STOP YOUR TWISTING HERE PLEASE AND FACE THE POINT.

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY ANIMAL SACRIFICE FOR CHRISTIANS IN AN EFFORT TO JUSTIFY YOUR LIES AND SUPPORT FOR TRADITION ?

IS IT THAT YOU DONT KNOW THE IMPLICATION OF STILL OFFERING ANIMAL SACRIFICES IN THIS NEW DISPENSATION ?

WHY HAS YOUR MIND BEEN SO ENBOLDEN TO TWIST THE WORD OF GOD ?
OR, DONT YOU KNOW WE ARE IN A NEW DISPENSATION ?

HAVE YOU EVER ASKED WHAT MAKES THIS OUR TIME A NEW DISPENSATION ?

PLEASE, IT WILL DO YOU A LOT OF GOOD TO START READING THE BIBLE AND BE GUIDED BY IT AND LEAVE TRADITION OF MEN ALONE.

LEFT TO YOU, AS LONG AS IT SUIT YOUR TRADITION, YOU WILL ASK ME TO CARRY ON WITH ANIMAL SACRIFICE.

SMH FOR YOU.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
paulGrundy:

The early christains didn't call their meeting places kingdom halls instead it was called church. They didn't practise door to door preaching. Can we equal that to lawlessness?

you dont study your bible with patience..
the early christians went everywhere preaching the word,that will include door to door,house to house,street to street..etc
Acts8:1-4
vs4[b]they that were scattered abroad went every preaching the word[/b]
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by truthislight: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
@OBENEDICTUS

JESUS AND APOSTLE PAUL SAID THAT FALES CHRISTIANS WILL ARISE ON THEIR LEAVING THE EARTH.

TO YOU. THAT IS NOT TRUE, ALL THE MEN THAT CAME AFTER THEM ARE SAINTS.

HOW CAN THEY ALL BE SAINT ?

WHO DECIDES WHO IS A SAINT ? HUMANS ? NO.

HUMANS WERE ASK TO ALLOW THEM TRUE CHRISTIANS AND FALSE CHRISTIANS TO GROW TOGETHER TILL THE TIME OF THE END.

IT IS ANGELS THAT WILL SEPERATE WHO IS WHO, TRUE FOLLOWERS FROM THE FALSE ONES.

THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE IN TIME PAST DECIDED TO BURN THERE FOLLOW HUMANS IN TIME PAST, THAT SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THOSE PEOPLE HAVE NO REGARD FOR JESUS EXPRESSED INSTRUCTIONS STATED ABOVE.

IT IS HIGH TIME YOU START SHINING YOUR EYES. LEAVE TRADITION ALONE SO THAT TRADITION WILL LEAVE YOU.

@OBENEDICTUS.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by paulGrundy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
sportsmaster:

you dont study your bible with patience..
the early christians went everywhere preaching the word,that will include door to door,house to house,street to street..etc
Acts8:1-4
vs4[b]they that were scattered abroad went every preaching the word[/b]

You didn't read my quote with patience..

I will requote it, I want you to note the bolded

paulGrundy: :

Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
truthislight:

LOL GUY, ARE YOU ON DRUG OR WHAT ?

YOUR MENTAL ARRANGEMENT THAT CAUSES YOU TO ATTEMPT TO UPTURN THE TRUTH IS DISTURBING.

THE TERM "CHRISTIAN" IMPLIES FOLLOWER OF CHRIST. SIMPLE!

SO, HOW CAN YOU ANSWER THAT THE JEWS THAT LIVED BEFORE CHRIST WERE FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST ? (HENCE, CHRISTIANS).
IS THE ISSUE ABOUT WHO IS PRACTICING TRUE RELIGION ? OR IF THEY OF OLD PRACTICE TRUE RELIGION ? NO! RATHER, THE QUESTION WAS IF THEY WERE CHRISTIANCE.

STOP YOUR TWISTING HERE PLEASE AND FACE THE POINT.

HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU ATTEMPT TO JUSTIFY ANIMAL SACRIFICE FOR CHRISTIANS IN AN EFFORT TO JUSTIFY YOUR LIES AND SUPPORT FOR TRADITION ?

IS IT THAT YOU DONT KNOW THE IMPLICATION OF STILL OFFERING ANIMAL SACRIFICES IN THIS NEW DISPENSATION ?

WHY HAS YOUR MIND BEEN SO ENBOLDEN TO TWIST THE WORD OF GOD ?
OR, DONT YOU KNOW WE ARE IN A NEW DISPENSATION ?

HAVE YOU EVER ASKED WHAT MAKES THIS OUR TIME A NEW DISPENSATION ?

PLEASE, IT WILL DO YOU A LOT OF GOOD TO START READING THE BIBLE AND BE GUIDED BY IT AND LEAVE TRADITION OF MEN ALONE.

LEFT TO YOU, AS LONG AS IT SUIT YOUR TRADITION, YOU WILL ASK ME TO CARRY ON WITH ANIMAL SACRIFICE.

SMH FOR YOU.

i never said anything about human sacrifice. You are on your own? I won't argue against a stawman.
Re: Is It Not Prudent To Do Away With Doctrins That Are In Conflict With Bible ? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
paulGrundy:

You didn't read my quote with patience..
I will requote it, I want you to note the bolded
what of "they dint practise door to door preaching".? Oya explain that one na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus And All Of The Prophets Before Him Pray The Same As Muslims Pray Today / Is There Anyone Here With A Prophetic Gift That I Can Speak With? / How To Cure Yourself Of The Christian And Muslim 'God'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.