Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

2080 : The Last Battle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2080 : The Last Battle (1398 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
As the TH90 hissed in the sky above the quiet city, the pilot fought hard to stay in control of the plane. The whole city was asleep now and despite the fact that the plane was moving at a speed of fifteen thousand miles per hour, he felt bored. The traquil silence that enveloped the city was enough to cure insomnia. But he could not afford to sleep, not just for the sake of his own life but for the safety of whatever was in that box that sat at the corner. Commander had asked him to deliver it safely from New Jalingo to Lagos with utmost secrecy. Commander often said that though. With his thick accent and stern face, he would warn the pilot to transport this weapon, that book, this android, that crystal ball. All with utmost secrecy. But this time, Commander had seemed more serious. His voice had been laced with urgency and fear. Whatever was in that box, the pilot knew he had to get it to the base at Lagos safely. The plane would soon be out of the coast of New Jalingo anyway, and on to the more lively Delta city. He would soon have course to stay alert.

At this thought, he heard a loud bang at the top of the plane. He assumed it was probably just a mere rustling of objects which the TH90 had blown away in its speed. But he was not flying close to the ground at all. There was another bang. And another. And another. Until the plane spiralled out of control and spun round and round till it crashed in a very dark and deserted open field. He coughed loudly, the smoke choking him up and the metal shards peircing his neck thinly. He struggled to stand up. The door was yanked open by a huge man in a red monogrammed suit. The suit seemed odd. It was one of the suits he had read about growing up, studying the archaic fashion of the 2030s decade. He could barely make out the man's features but he looked dangerous and determined on a curious cause. The pilot gasped, "The box". He crawled fast towards the box, pulled out his Annihilator from his pocket and shot thrice at the strange man but the bullets seemed to vapourize as they touched the man. "Ironical," the pilot thought to himself. "Hand it over." Those were the man's only words. He looked round for another exit as the man had covered the door. But he soon felt the man's large arms tug at his neck. As the life drained out of him, he thought of the box, Commander. He had failed Commander. The box was in the wrong hands.
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 12:13am On Mar 02, 2015
Commander Olujide "Moody" Benson stared at his glowing wrist repeatedly. Rafael should have been back by now. It was unlike the young man to be so late. He had taken one of the fastest planes and he was still late. He tapped his wrist and a hologram-like screen appeared before him. He tapped on it twice and a computerized male voice spoke, "How may I help you today Commander?"
"Have you seen Agent Rafael Obi today?"
"Not since you explicitly ordered him to get the SHut Box, sir."
"I need you to locate him."
"Right away , Commander." There was a pause. "The TH90's signal is nowhere to be found."
"So, he's not flying? Check for its offline in-built signal then."
"Not found either."
"What does that mean?" He asked impatiently. "Answer me, George"
"Commander, it means the plane is not just out of flight, but also out of existence. Only a fatal crash could have done that."
Commander Moody was perplexed. "Crash?" He chuckled. "I think I have to return you. The TH90 can weather all storms. No sudden change in climate or heavy rain can crash it. Even if the pilot loses control, it is automatically programmed to self-fly back to its original base here in Lagos."
"I know that, Commander."
"Then tell me what the hell is going on!"
"It could have been mortally destroyed. On purpose."
"What?"
"If atttacked from outside by deliberate controlled forced, it could have been crashed."
"Are you saying someone intentionally hijacked him? The plane moves extremely fast."
"Not to be rude, Commander, but your enemies have faster planes that could have smashed it."
"Shut up!" He slapped his wrist and in an instant, the screen and the voice were gone. Commander Moody could not accept what his personal aid had just told him. Rafael could not have been attacked. No! The box couldnt be gone. But the super-computer could not be wrong. There were no traces of either Rafael or the plane. The New Jalingo based had confirmed that he left their place almost an hour before. The flight took only fifteen minutes. But he was not here yet. The box was not here yet. Commander Moody felt his heart drop. For the first time in his twenty-year rule, he panicked. If the box falls into the wrong hands, he thought.

He walked round the base. The soldiers busy training in the first four floors, the scientists working on different experiments on the fifth and sixth floors, the computer nerds on the next floor, glued to their seats before their hologrammed computers, communicating with soldiers on the field in various parrts of the world, the field-preparatory department, training would-be agents in various accents, languages, acting and dressing occupied the eighth floor. The list goes on till it reached the one hundredth floor, which was Commander Moody's heavily-gaurded office. All of this would be gone in a flash. If they had it...if "they". He was confused and angry at the same time. He screamed at the ground and the workers around him dared not look him in the eye. Moody was always moody, but sometimes he could get...murdery. Commander Moody knew he had told no one of this box except Rafael. No one! He knew Rafael had not told anyone either. Someone must have listened to their conversation. An insider must have heard. He had no one to trust now. Except his two most trusted agents.

He tapped his wrist. He said to the super-computer, "George I have another job for you."
"What is that Commander?"
"I need you to find me Enan and Janet."

IN THE NEW KINGDOM OF PALESTINE
A SUNNY DAY IN MARCH, 2080

"I love you, Ramatoulaye" he said delicately, caressing her nak*d body which glistened as the sunlight shot through the window and onto her skin, wrapped loosely with the white bed sheet. Kazim stood up, unashamedly exposing his nak*d body. His prick dangled and his wife licked her lips, thinking of going another round despite the sleepless night of lovemaking they had just gone through. She wanted to grab him and pull him back to bed but she knew he had an important speech to make today, before the barons of the new kingdom. Being the queen meant sharing your husband wiith the world, she knew that. As he got dressed and planted a kiss on her cheek, she said good bye sultrily. He was fast out of the room. She stretched on the bed and thought of how to spend her day. She could not go on another tour of the capital. It was too dangerous. The democratic regime's loyalist still lurked in the dark, waiting to pounce on any member of the new royal family. She decided to make her hair instead. The same hair she had read about on-line. She had first seen it on Nina Kloshev, the beautiful actress who had paid the palace a visit the week before. She decided to spend her day doing just that.

As she sat on the vintage rocking chair while Alima washed her hair, the Queen was relaxed. "TNV," she said to the mulittelevision. "I hate that channel, the smell of the food is always repulsive, show me DNP. Next channel, next channel, stop. Next channel, next channel, next channel. Stop. Good. What's that smell?"
"The actor is on a boat out in the sea," Alima said.
"I see that but that smell is nothing like the sea or sea-food."
"I'm not sure," Alima shrugged. "May be it is just the boat engine emitting excess oil."
"Interesting observation."
"Yes," Alima said, wondering if her reply had been fit for the cicumstance.
Suddenly, the lights blinked thrice.
"Who did that?"
"Not me. It must be from the securiy."
"What's the time now?" The Queen asked suspiciously.
"Three thirty-three."
"Thank you," she said, masking her growing agitation. When she was done with the hair, she walked away from the palace hair room and rode her meta-elevator into her bedroom. The lights blinked four times. It was four forty four pm. She knew what was going on.

She quickly opened her husband's secret closet with the password she had crammed. She saw his android and immediately dismantled the two-feet robot. She kept its tiny pieces into her hand bag. As she made for the door, her husand hurried inside the room, smiling. "Ramatoulaye, they all loved my..." he suddenly stopped speaking when he saw his closet opened. "What is going on? Where are you going?" She swiftly kicked his groin and gave him a sharp blow below his jaw. He called out for his gaurds. Two armed men rushed in. Initially reluctant to attack their Queen, they fired at her when they saw what she had done. But she dodged their light-speed bullets and sommersaulted towards them. She swept them off their feet, literally, and they kicked off their weapons from their hands. She hit her high heeled shoes on Kazim's head. As she heard more footsteps coming, she jumped out of the window and landed on a race car. The driver popped out his head. He was Kazim's brother. He smiled at her and asked her to get in. He pressed down on the pedal and sped out of the palace. She did not have time to ask if he was one of them. If he was part of NISER. She did not have time to wonder if NISER recruited Arab-looking men too. She was focused on the tens of vehicles that chased them. But their race car was too fast for them. When it reached top speed, it sometimes even leapt up in the air for about three seconds. She urged him to drive faster. She noticed the XP33 hovering above them. She knew who it was. She pressed a button on the handbrake. The roof opened and the plane was almost entering the car. "Thanks, but the car would drive faster if allowed to drive alone. You drive like my aged grand ma," were her words of gratitude to the agent who had just saved her life. She jumped and caught the wings of the XP33 and climbed up into it.
The pilot, a clean-shaven short stout man turned to her and smiled. "Long time no see, Janet," he said.
"Dear Enan," she said playfully. "I've been busy spying on the king of Palestine. Pretending to be his lover was exhausting. Why the hell does Comamander need us anyway?"
"He says the world may end tomorrow."
"What?"
"Someone has it."
She knew what "it" meant.
"Oh, it may end indeed," she said. "We are all doomed."
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 10:14am On Mar 02, 2015
Should I continue?
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by HisMajesty1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
Continue, I'm loving your story.

1 Like

Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by rondo235: 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
First time i seen a nairalander adventure story.mehn dis man is core material in supersonic reality.abeg continue

1 Like

Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 12:27am On Mar 09, 2015
Janet and Enan climbed down from the plane. Everyone at the NISER base stared at them. The Commander had announced their death five years earlier to them all. He had feared that someone at NISER was giving information to their enemies and was blowing their cover as a newly-wed couple in Paris when they were stealing digital files from the German Nobel Prize winning scientist, Kon Hamman. Janet walked majestically and seemed to bounce as she walked. No one at NISER liked her, except Commander and Enan. She was arrogant and mean, but she was also exceptional at her job. She had just taken down ten armed war-robots all alone in the Zambian Deserts a year before. Enan walked slowly behind her, as if he were a bodygaurd. He had got used to feeling protective of her. Perhaps, it was because of their first mission together -which had lasted four years- where Janet had pretended to be a Ghanian princess looking for investment in top European companies while Enan was her bodygaurd. In actuality, they had been planting laser chips in the CEOs' necks so they could control all their behaviours.

Commander Moody came to them in his AERO-V(an air-bound chair that can float around anywhere,). "Hello agents."
"Hello, Commander," Enan said earnestly, crossing his hands behind his back at alert submission.
"I heart the SHut Box has been taken."
"Lower your voice, Agent Janet. The walls have ears, literally." Janet remembered that the walls of every room recorded all visual and audio occurences in that particular room. Those records where automatically archived in NISER's master database, accessible only to Commander Moody. "Yes it is true. Agent Obi failed to return with the object as directed."
"Who do you think has it?" Enan asked.
"I really can't tell. Our enemies are too numerous to start guessing. All of them would be willing to kill for it if they knew it existed."
"But you have suspects, right?" Janet asked.
"Oh yes, we do. George and I narrowed it down to a lower number."
"Geroge?" Janet looked puzzled.
"She doesn't know," Enan smiled. "George is Commander's new super-computer. He got it a year ago. God! You've been gone for so long. That Saudi Arabian guy is not that cute is he?"
"Shut it, Enan. And he's Palestine not Saudi Arabian. Commander, what happened to Max, you former computer?"
"He was inefficient, so to speak. I guess he got too old for me."
Jane held in her laughter. She knew what had happened. Max must have diagreed with him once and in a fit of rage, Moody had ordered for him to be dismantled and a newer one rebuilt. "George won't last," she said to herself.
"As I was saying, I have narrowed it down to a possible 3,680 organisations that could have stolen it."
"So, you narrowed it down? Down or up?" Jane said.
"Down! Our first quess was 12,856 but we've narrowed it down."
"Is there now tracker on it?" Enan asked.
"We could not afford to make it detectable through any signal," Commander Moddy said. "So, we did not track it."
"So, you want us to investigate all these three thousand organisations?"
"Yes, Janet. I want you to."
"I have an idea," Enan cut in. "Why don't we tap into the security system of all these organisations and then cut off their power supply. The SHut Box is a constant indestructible source of power. Wherever it is, when we cut off the power of thatt place, the SHut Box will automatically self-activate and become an energy outlet. We can track where such energy is coming from. Then boom! We have our answer."
"Brilliant idea," Janet said sarcastically. "But we can't just hack into three thousand world-class spy organisation's security systems all at once."
"What do we do then?" Enan asked, looking puzzled now.
"I have an idea. You will have to excuse me."

He zoomed off with his AERO-V.

IJEBU LAND, 1634 AD

Bewaji ran as fast as he could. If they caught him, he would have to beg for death. No slave that escaped prayed to be caught again. His legs were giving way but he just could not stop. As he reached a river bank, he fell onto the ground. He could not run anymore. He heard the slavers coming behind him. He looked forward and saw a strange figure before him, clutching to something that looked like a stone of some sort. A rectangular stone. It was a box. A stone box. The strange figure was not human at all. It had a skeleton-thin body with flappy legs of fish and large arms. Its eyes were half the size of its small head. It looked even more alarmed and scared to see Bewaji that he was of it. As the noise grew louder, the stragne figure panicked and threw the box down, fleeing into the river. Bewaji watched it drown. Instinctively, he rose up to pick up the box. As he touched it, his whole body seemed to burn like fire. As the slavers drew nearer unto his sight, he held the stone like a shield and a surge of energy shot through the slavers, flinging them about two hundred metres in the air. They landed on the floor as dead men. Bewaji was shocked. He stared at the glowing stone and the energy seemd to throw even him into the river. He tried to swim out of the river to get the stone. But it was too late. It was gone.

PRESENT : 2080
IN A PRISON FACILITY
Commander Moddy walked with an air of superiority. The gaurds bowed down and directed him to Room 193. He opened it and smiled at the young man in front of him.
"Hello Bewaji, it's been a long time. Don't you think?"
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Shadowbean(m): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice. KIU

1 Like

Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
I love every part of this...Nna en you are the man..
Please continue...Bewaji oooo...Ise kan oo
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by rondo235: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
This man is a master of the science fiction in the advanced setting.being able to produce a scene of hugh complicated motion picture of neo african prediction in literature.u are worth recognising

1 Like

Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
rondo235:
This man is a master of the science fiction in the advanced setting.being able to produce a scene of hugh complicated motion picture of neo african prediction in literature.u are worth recognising
you are right
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2015
rondo235:

I'm genuinely flattered honestly. Thanks a lot. A new chapter will be posted today.
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Smooth278(m): 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nice one!!! Following
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
CHAPTER 2
Commander Moody scanned the prisoner repeatedly and said, "You look even better here in prison. What do they feed you?"
"Please help me, Commander," Bewaji pleaded. "Get me out of here."
"You know that won't happen, my friend. You do this every time. I come to see you, you ask me to get you out, I decline, I ask you for a favour, you hesitate but I still force you to do it anyway." He gave a sinister smile. "So Bewaji I need you to answer all my questions correctly. Is that understood?"
"Please, let me out just for a---"
"Is that understood?" Commander Moody repeated himself with more commanding emphasis now. Bewaji nodded. "Good. When last did I come to see you?"
"Exactly three years, four months, one week, two days and three hours ago."
"So your brain still works perfectly. Good. In that time, has anyone come to visit you?"
"You've seen the log with the guards. It's written clearly there that you are the last guard I've had."
"I know what the log says, damn it!" Commander Moody's eyes turned a sharp piercing shade of red. "Tell me, has anyone come to see you?"
"Do you think anyone could come here without the guards finding out?" Bewaji asked.
"Stop questioning me, you devil! Has anyone come to see you?"
"Go by the log, Commander."
"You are yet to answer the question. This is your last chance. Did anyone come to see you?"
"Yes," Bewaji conceded, taking a deep breath.
"Who was it?" There was silence. The Commander whispered, "was it The Ringer?"
"You should go, Commander," Bewaji finally said after a long silence.
"You need to answer me!"
"Why?"
"Because the world might come to an end soon!"
"What?" Bewaji was puzzled. But he knew Commander Moody would not give him the details. He swallowed hard and spoke. "The Ringer came to see me. He came through a hole in the prison."
"A hole?"
"Yes. There is a black hole in my cell, right beside my bed. It looks like a crack but I think it's more than that. The past prisoners- probably minions of The Ringer- must have done this to ensure he could access the cell without the gaurds noticing him."
"So what did he say?"
"I can't tell you. He will kill me. If I tell you, he can just come through the hole to kill me any time."
"I will have them transfer you to a different cell. Just tell me."
"Okay. He said he planned to steal the SHut Box and bury the planet beneath an armada of flames. I think he's doing it all just for revenge and..." he paused and looked up Commander Moody in shock. "Is the SHut Box missing?"
"Thank you for your time, Bewaji." Commander Moody began to walk away.
"Wait! Is it really missing? Come on! You promised to take me to a different cell!"
"Bewaji," Commander Moody said, while still walking away. "You have lived for half a century. I'm sure your life won't end in the hands of The Ringer. Figure out a way to survive."
"Don't do this to me! Please!"

A SECRET BASE IN ENGLAND
A couple of scientists in lab-coats are busy with their work. A gargantuan man in a dark coat walks around in strict supervision. He holds a small box which he now places on a table. He opens it and sees the SHut Box. He smiles. He announces "Now that we have the Box, let us get ready for Master's arrival. Get the solutions ready people. He will not be pleased with us if we are not done by the time he arrives." The Master he was talking about was The Ringer.
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Commander Moody walked into his office at NISER. He frowned. Janet and Enan were in his office. They had even helped themselves to his wine and food. Janet was looking suspiciously over his table. He did not like people being in his office without him. He regretted granting them permanent access seven years before, as a reward after they helped save NISER from crumbling. He coughed to signal his presence. They turned around and to his disappointment, they were not startled by his sudden presence. But he was still going to express himself. "I'm gone only one hour and you've colonised my office."
"It's every kid's dream," Janet joked.
"So where did you go to?" Enan asked with too much curiousity.
"I went to see an old friend."
"Friend? You have no friends, Commander. Nobody likes you," Janet said as the Commander gave her a scornful stare she added "except the two of us."
"What she's saying is that the nature of your position stops you from actually having friends. Your job is to hunt down bad people and keep the country safe forever. That comes with sacrifices."
"Thanks Philosopher Enan, I don't need the speech."
"So who did you go to see?" Jane was persistent.
"Agent Janet! You have no right to question me! I am your Commander! I question you!"
"Oh. I'm sorry. Didn't mean to offend you," she said, the fake remorse in her face perfectly hiding the mockery in her voice.
"Now, I believe Frank Good has the box."
"The Ringer?" Janet asked.
"Yes, The Ringer."
"Who is this ringer you're talking about?" Enan asked.
"The Ringer is a code name for a powerful thug that went about the world causing chaos some decades back," Janet rapped. "He was committing acts of terrorism just so his name could be known. According to rumours, he even started the Boko Haram and Al Qaseni just to trouble Africa and Europe. NISER finally tracked him down and they found out his true identity. He escaped before we could arrest him. We assumed he was dead because there was no mention of his name anywhere anymore. But he's obviously back for vengeance."
"Vengeance?" Enan asked.
"Yes. NISER killed most of his followers and his entire fortune was frozen. Now he wants vengeance on the whole world, I guess. I mean, why else will he take the SHut Box of all things?"
"But he would die with the whole world too, wouldn't he?"
"He won't Agent Enan," Commander Moody said. "He has a self-containment invincible shuttle. He can still survive with in it even if the whole world vanished into thin air."
"That sort of shuttle exists?"
"Yes. He stole it from NISER just before he disappeared," Janet said.
"But if Janet knows this, how come I don't? I've been here longer than her."
"Agent Enan, you were on the Bewaji case. I did not want to disturb you."

Enan remembered the Bewaji case twenty years ago. It was his fiercest mission. As an eighteen-year old, he had been very excited to go undercover in order to find a 400-year old man who knew a lot about the SHut Box. It turned out Bewaji had found the SHut Box almost immediately after he had fallen into the river. In fact, it had found him. After searching endlessly for it. He had settled down in a cave where he found the SHut Box lying on the ground. He kept it with him for years, hoping to sell it when he found out what it could do. He began living in a far away town. When a herbalist saw it, he decided to buy the mysterious box from Bewaji. Bewaji had hesitated at first bt the offer was to good to refuse: Get extra 500 years to live in exchange for the SHut Box. He gave the box away and took long life. After a brawl with some witches, the herbalist was killed. Bewaji heard of this and began looking for the SHut Box, praying the wrong people had not found it. Word went round about a box which the herbalist had loved so much before his death. The whole town began to search for it. Bewaji found it and escaped. He went unnoticed for a long time. But the box was more dangerous than he had thought. The Americans found out about this and they started hunting him down. He once blew up a building in America by error and the government, ashamed to admit it was done by an ordinary man, blamed it on a fake terrorist organisation they had created in order to direct the people's anger towards the organisation. The building he blew up was very famous and the event was celebrated as 9/11 every year.

Enan had been instructed to find Bewaji and take the box from him. For some time, the Russian army found the Box and announced its existence to the world. They had used it to denote a third of the US territory, causing a major all-out war that wiped out Russia, Ukraine, Japan and other old countries. Bewaji was arrested by Enan who mysteriously realised the location of the SHut Box. He had handed both Bewaji and the SHut Box to the Commander. Bewaji helped the Commander to find out how to use the Box and when he once tried to escape, he was locked up permanently. Commander Moody did not hate Bewaji. He saw him as an unfortunate man who had been caught up in a twisted fate. But he still had to keep him in prison to live out his days and die peacefully.

But what Commander Moody did not know, was that it was not going to happen. The world was about to end it. With a bang.
Enan walked towards Commander Moody and said, "You didn't want to disturb me? This is a very important issue. The Ringer needs to be found."
"I know the location of his lab," Commander Moody said. "Get your weapons ready. The three of us leave now. The final battle for the survival of this planet has just begun."

What do you guys think?
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by rondo235: 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mehn thumbs up to this man-of-the-moment...meanwhile i can connect u to hollywodd..imagine the millions of silver American dollar u cn make by turning this story into hard copy.meanwhile,thumps up

1 Like

Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Danpersie31(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
nice 1 bro ...keep it up.more update pls
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by MasterKtops(m): 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Danpersie31:
nice 1 bro ...keep it up.more update pls

A new one coming by tomorrow
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by rondo235: 10:19am On May 02, 2015
great man
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Dekatron(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2015
this is what i love . . .not reading romance & crime ALWYS.

FIRE on bro . . .i dey follow
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Dekatron(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2015
this is what i love . . .not reading romance & crime ALWYS.

FIRE on bro . . .i dey follow
Re: 2080 : The Last Battle by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 02, 2015
Hurry up with the update before you become my new target.

(1) (Reply)

Pics:how "Classcaptain" Valentine Tragic Story(valencry)reliefed Som1 Of Boredom / Entertainment Industry Calling / Downtown Fairy Tale. genre( urban-fantasy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.