Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran (1074 Views)

Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria / Obama Wins Backing From Key Congressmen For Strike In Syria / War Against Iran Will Trigger WW3 And Eventually Destroy Western Imperialism! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by RichyBlacK(m): 8:45am On Jan 11, 2009
[size=18pt]US rejected Israel's plea for strike against Iran: report[/size]

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President George W. Bush last year rejected a secret Israeli request for an air strike against the main Iranian nuclear complex using US bunker-busting bombs, The New York Times reported on its website.

But citing unnamed senior US and foreign officials, the newspaper said Bush had authorized a new covert operation aimed at sabotaging Iran's suspected effort to develop nuclear weapons.

The request was made last year by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who wanted US bunker-busting bombs and permission to fly over Iraq to attack Iran's major uranium enrichment complex at Natanz, the report said.

But top US administration officials led by Defense Secretary Robert Gates had convinced Bush that any overt attack on Iran would prove ineffective, lead to the expulsion of international inspectors and drive Iran's nuclear program deeper underground, the paper said.

Bush and his aides also discussed the possibility that an airstrike could ignite a broad Middle East war in which US troops in Iraq would inevitably become involved, according to The Times.

However, Bush opted for more intensive covert operations actions aimed at Iran, the report said.

They include renewed US efforts to penetrate Iran's nuclear supply chain abroad, undermine the country's electrical and computer systems as well as other networks on which Iran relies, The Times said.

The effort is aimed at delaying the day that Iran can produce weapons-grade fuel for a workable nuclear weapon, according to the report.

Source: AFP

Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss with President Ahmadinejad
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by RichyBlacK(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2009
Another article exposing the Zionist aggression towards peaceful Iran! The goons in Tel-Aviv planned to go bomb civilian targets in Iraq, to kill Iranian civilians.

Iran is exercising her right to develop nuclear technology for civilian use, but Zionists want us to believe that peaceful Iran (never invaded any country unlike US and Israel) is making nuclear bombs. And the fools running the show in Tel-Aviv, sent a request for aid to the US for "bunker-bursting missiles", and the Americans responded "your foreign policy is still trapped in 1967 [i.e., kindergarten-driven], please upgrade?" grin
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by olabowale(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2009
Thanks, RichyBlacK. The below is an extended version. I wonder what the pundits; the neo-nazis, ops, sorry; the the african zionists have to say about this? Start up your defense running propanda Engine.

Bush reportedly rejected Israeli plea to raid Iran

FOX News WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush rejected a plea from Israel last year to help it raid Iran's main nuclear complex, opting instead to authorize a new U.S. covert action aimed at sabotaging Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program, The New York Times reported.

Israel's request was for specialized bunker-busting bombs that it wanted for an attack that tentatively involved flying over Iraq to reach Iran's major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country's only known uranium enrichment plant is located, the Times reported Saturday in its online edition. The White House deflected requests for the bombs and flyover but said it would improve intelligence-sharing with Israel on covert U.S. efforts to sabotage Iran's nuclear program.

The covert efforts, which began in early 2008, involved plans to penetrate Iran's nuclear supply chain abroad and undermine electrical systems and other networks on which Iran relies, the Times said, citing interviews with current and former U.S. officials, outside experts and international nuclear inspectors who spoke on condition of anonymity. The covert program will be handed off to President-elect Barack Obama, who will deciding whether to continue it.

According to the Times, Bush decided against an overt attack based on input from top administration officials such as Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who believed that doing so would likely prove ineffective and could ignite a broader Middle East war.

Israel made the push for permission to fly over Iraq for an attack on Iran following its anger over a U.S. intelligence assessment in late 2007 that concluded Iran had effectively suspended its development of nuclear weapons four years earlier. Israel sought to rebut the report, providing evidence to U.S. intelligence officials that they said indicated the Iranians were still working on a weapon.

Gordon Johndroe, spokesman for the National Security Council, declined to comment Saturday.

In an interview with The Associated Press earlier this week, Stephen Hadley, Bush's national security adviser, said he believed that Iran is the biggest challenge Obama will face in the Middle East and that more sanctions will be needed to force Tehran to forgo its nuclear ambitions and support for extremists. He said the Bush administration has been trying to "shore up and store up leverage" to bequeath to the Obama administration.

Last month, Obama suggested that a combination of economic incentives and tighter sanctions might work. Tehran rejected the proposal. Obama also has said he would pursue tough-minded diplomacy.
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by RichyBlacK(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2009
olabowale:

Thanks, RichyBlacK. The below is an extended version. I wonder what the pundits; the neo-nazis, ops, sorry; the the african zionists have to say about this? Start up your defense running propanda Engine.

You're welcome. The Zionists is a zombified mind that will support Israel, no matter what!
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by Okijajuju1(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2009
If Iran succeeds in enriching their Uranuim to weapons grade, and finally make a nuclear bomb. who are they most likely to use it on??
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by olabowale(m): 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2009
@Okija_juju: You are a mind reader now. You know everything. I guess you are better than Jesus about knowing the future. please tell us. We don't know.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa! The madness of ignorance. What is the thought of an ignorant person when he believes he knows everything, including the future?
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2009
@Olabowale,
Ahmedinejad has always stated in clear terms the country he wants to be wiped off the map

Tehran, Oct 26 - Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday called for Israel to be "wiped off the map".
"The establishment of the Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world," the President told a conference in Tehran entitled 'the world without Zionism'.

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land," he said.

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," said Ahmadinejad, referring to the late founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Imam Khomeini

http://web.archive.org/web/20070927213903/http://www.iribnews.ir/Full_en.asp?news_id=200247

This is from the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by olabowale(m): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2009
@Dayokanu: And there used to be a time that no one in this USA could ever imagined a black man at the helm. Today, Barackallah Hussaine Obama, a Somali blood through Kenya, is now the incoming President. Now, tell me, what was said in the past, is that still valid today, considering what will be happening on the 20 of January?

If I live only by the past statement alone, I would not have asked if anyone knows the future? I would also have believed that the remnants of human tragedy known as holocaust would not be the group committing a modern day atrocity that even out lived South African Aparteid.

Okare, Baba Osun State. Omo Odua. Omo Lamurudu. Which one is correct?
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
Just show us where Iran has rescinded the statement that they are not scheming for Israel to be destroyed.

Or any positive statement said to israel
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by toshmann(m): 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2009
olabowale:

Today, Barackallah Hussaine Obama, a Somali blood through Kenya, is now the incoming President.

i though his name is barack obama and his father is from kenya?

how come allah has joined his name and somali found it's way into his ancestry?

anyway, thank God Bush refused to attack iran. Only God knows how many lives George has saved just by refusing to do that. . . . . . . that is, if this story is true
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50am On Jan 12, 2009
Olabowale

There is no need for you to blow a gasket over a very simple question.

"If Iran should succeed in enriching their Uranuim to weapons grade, who are they most likely to use it on??"

You could have simply called a country, or said you have no idea but rather you start talking about Jesus and his disciples. Well let me let you know that I am not a christian, I consider Isreal to be UN/US sponsored bullies and I have no affinity towards any religion. And wetin concern Jesus concern Nuclear weapons sef!!??

So please answer the question and stop beating around the bush.
Isreal/US/U.K/UN considers Iran a threat, and the US/UN/Isreal believe that the government of Iran is highly unstble and would use nuclear weapons (if he had one) against Isreal even with or without provocation.

If Afghanistan had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to use it on??
If Iraq under Saddam had nuclear weapons, which country was he likely to use it on??
If North Korea Had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to use it on??
If Cuba had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to us it on??
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by bindex(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2009
olabowale:

@Okija_juju: You are a mind reader now. You know everything. I guess you are better than Jesus about knowing the future. please tell us. We don't know.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa! The madness of ignorance. What is the thought of an ignorant person when he believes he knows everything, including the future?

Can you for once think for yourself and stop spewing nonsensical Islamic drivel? Is this all you know? Jesus is man and not God, God has no son etc who told you that your Imaginary Allah is Superior to Jesus or Jehova? Apart form the convoluted set of beliefs you have what other evidence do you have to show that Allah is that which you believe he is?

olabowale:

@Dayokanu: And there used to be a time that no one in this USA could ever imagined a black man at the helm. Today, Barack[b]allah [/b] Hussaine Obama, a Somali blood through Kenya, is now the incoming President.

Why are you adding the name of your killer God to the name of Barack? are you completely insane? Somali blood through kenya grin grin why not a Saudi blood through Kenya? the next thing we are going to hear from you delusional goons is that Barack was born beside the ka'aba, must you keep on deluding yourself for as long as you live? What the Bleep is wrong with this misrable salves of Allah? your insanity knows no bounds.
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by bluespice(f): 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2009
i opened this thread intending to rain firen brimstone on anyone who wouldnt atleast credit the pig-head yes bush for this singular act of 'humaneness' yes its a word now! but i ended up reeling with laughter at the responses
honestly speaking when we get our heads out of the religion/anti-semitic books and make informed and unbiased statements, the problems of the world will be greatly reduced and easier to solve grin grin
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by Lagosboy: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
What is Israels problem for Gods sake. Isrtael has nuclear weapons so why does Iran not have the right to nuclear weapons. Are some countries better than others?

Pakistan has nuclear weapons so does India. US is friends to both of them so why all this double standard. The nuclear facility has been there befroe Ahmedinjad came to power so this excuse of Ahmadinjad wiping israel of the map doesnt hold water.

As a matter of fact he spoke in allegory
Is yugoslavia still on the map today?
Is checkoslovakia still on the map today?
Is USSR still on the map today?

Exactly what the geeza meant and the whole world twisted his words. The middle easter people often speak in allegory and metaphor and he said it in a farsi which didnt imply the literal interpretation.
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by bluespice(f): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2009
do us the honor fair sire n tell us what it was then that he meant
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by olabowale(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2009
@Dayokanu: Yesterday at 11:26:10 PM »

Just show us where Iran has rescinded the statement that they are not scheming for Israel to be destroyed.

Or any positive statement said to israel

Saying something positive about Israel is not the barometer of goodness or civility or sanity.
Saying something negative about Israel is not the yardstick of madness, insanity or stability.

If the above were to be the truth, then we will have to question Bush, Chaney and others.

@oshmann (m):« #9 on: Yesterday at 11:28:14 PM »

Quote from: olabowale on Yesterday at 09:56:14 PM
Today, Barackallah Hussaine Obama, a Somali blood through Kenya, is now the incoming President.

i though his name is barack obama and his father is from kenya?

how come allah has joined his name and somali found it's way into his ancestry?

His grandfather's blood is from a tribe in Somalia. They migrated to Kenya. Just like your children and my children. They are still Nigerian Yorubas. Right? My children have Yoruba mother and am obviously a yoruba boy. I also pray that they would at least marry Nigerian women. Is there a doubt that my children are Yoruba in their genetics, regardless of their being born outside Nigeria? Google the paternal ancestry of Obama. You will find more than kenya in there. I thought you knew, man. This is common knowledge, blood.

And Barack is synonimous to Mubarak, or Barak or Baraka. The one that gives baraka is Allah. Hence the true name must contain Allah. Is just like those who call themselves abudu in Yorubaland. It is actually AbdAllah. See o ti yee e?

anyway, thank God Bush refused to attack iran. Only God knows how many lives George has saved just by refusing to do that. . . . . . . that is, if this story is true

Good things can come from a bad source. This remind of a man who was awoken by Satan so that he can make his prayer on time. So after his prayer, he asked satan, why would you do this for me? Satan gave all kind of lame excuses, until he was forced to speak the truth (In the same tradition that Shaitan (Lanatullah) spoke the truth about Ayatul Kursi). He had to comfess that if that believer were to have missed his prayer time, he can not stand to see how many, many prayers will make trying to praise God.

truth hurts

Where do you feel the pain, today? Go to Allah for relief. There is no relief, except from Him, alone.

@Okija_juju: « #10 on: Today at 03:50:29 AM »

Olabowale

There is no need for you to blow a gasket over a very simple question.

"If Iran should succeed in enriching their Uranuim to weapons grade, who are they most likely to use it on??"

Thanks man. I promise you not to blow any gasket. I will, inshaAllah return whole to Nigeria. And about Iran; I simply do not know the future. In the days before the over throw of Shah of Iran; Iran was the darling of America and the west, Israel and Iraq's shia group. After Shah's regime, Iran became the singular enemy of the west. And when Reagan became president, the war between Iran and Iraq became the means of punishing Iran, in addition to the embargo. And the Iraqi military under Saddam used WMD, chemical, etc to decimate th Iranian people. Mind you, no one cried foul then. I hope you were at least alive then.

If I were to name a country, Israel will not be the country I would name, for many reasons. At least, I know that America, under Bush, carrying the mantle of the Christian rght will support or pre-emptively strick at Iran. Russian in the effort to undermine USA, during the coldwar era, did not strick at USA. You see, just because a nation has Nuclear weapon, it does not mean that it will be the first weapon, used!

And when 2 years ago, Ahmadenijah went to give a lecture at Columbia, in NYC, you saw how talked down the President of that University spoke, in a mere introduction of the president of a soverign nation.

An official spoke person of Iranian academic society had to remind the President of Columbia University that Iran had more than 1000 Universities and they have seen civilization many many thousands of years before the west, indeed a young country known as USA.

I am saying all of these, while I disagree with Iran and her government, but her people are people of honor. This statement is irrespective of their religions; Islamic shiaism, with minority sunni, Jews, Christians, and others. Would a civilized people kill people enmasse? You answer that question, considering that all human genocides have not come from Islam, but Jews before they settled in Palestine, Christians from its inception. Definitely, in the Crusades and Inquisition, world wars, the genocides of the native Indians in America. And even now we see a lot of killings in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. All of that has Christian crusade mentality as its base.

You could have simply called a country, or said you have no idea but rather you start talking about Jesus and his disciples. Well let me let you know that I am not a christian, I consider Isreal to be UN/US sponsored bullies and I have no affinity towards any religion. And wetin concern Jesus concern Nuclear weapons sef!!??

So please answer the question and stop beating around the bush.
Isreal/US/UK/UN considers Iran a threat, and the US/UN/Isreal believe that the government of Iran is highly unstble and would use nuclear weapons (if he had one) against Isreal even with or without provocation.

Do you see that Israel is the reason that we are talking about this issue. I imagine 200 years ago. Was there a problem between UK, or US and Iran or the any nation or people from Islam? Aramco, the official Saudi Oil company is formed with american involvement (Arab American Company). I do not read the mind of anyone. I do not know the future. Maybe you are better than me.

If Afghanistan had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to use it on??

Afghanistans? When, where and under whom? When Taliban were running the country; they dare not try to do any stupidity against america. I remember that before 911, a public relation officer of this notorious group was a guest in the US. I think he remained behind and was at Yale University.

If Iraq under Saddam had nuclear weapons, which country was he likely to use it on??

Saddam who was the lapdog of America? I remember the weak Iran-contra scandal. What a farce.

If North Korea Had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to use it on??
If Cuba had Nuclear weapons, who are they likely to us it on??

I remember the bay of pig and the Russian effort to even cooperate with Cuba during the time of President Kennedy.
Re: United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran by thehomer: 9:58am On Jan 17, 2009
A positive point for Bush since Israel has done it before and their ally is already in control of Iraq.
Iran's ties with terrorist groups seeking the annihilation of a nation makes the acquisition of nuclear power by her suspect. It could easily be passed to the groups in Gaza and Lebanon (smuggling). We should remember that there are many modes of delivery of nuclear weapons and the waste products are also harmful.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Is A Sellout. Blacks Should Not Support Obama / Nigerian 11-year-old Girl Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania / Top 5 Reasons Washington Has Already Decided To Go To War With Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.