Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President (1977 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Piddo(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2009
If the radical changes being undertaken by the Fashola government in Lagos is anything to go by, then he may be the messiah Nigeria has been praying for. The guy is bullying his way into the record books. No other governor can match his performance record in less than 2 years in office. As a matter of fact, he's done in 2 years what many could not do in 8 and in comparison to our "go slow" president?? Your guess is as good as mine!! Nigeria needs a radical reformer like Fashola and I think we should honestly start looking at that possibility if we want anything good to come out of this failed state called Nigeria.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Tsiya(m): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2009
what is d difference between his radical changes and that of el rufa'i in Abuja. Nigerians are quick in celebrating politicians. Gullible and Naive ppl
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2009
Tsiya:

what is d difference between his radical changes and that of el rufa'i in Abuja. Nigerians are quick in celebrating politicians. Gullible and Naive people

Thats true jare.
All of a sudden they have forgotten the likes of el-rufai, soludo, dora, ngige, ribadu, and the former finance minister.
I bet that in 3 years time, even this same poster will not remember the name fashola just like most people dont even know who tinubu is. By then, his mind must have been occupied by another abracadabra politician. tongue
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Piddo(m): 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2009
Tsiya:

what is d difference between his radical changes and that of el rufa'i in Abuja. Nigerians are quick in celebrating politicians. Gullible and Naive people

Gullible and naive you say? Then I strongly doubt you live in Lagos. I have lived in Lagos for almost 30 years and never in those 3 decades have I seen such change in so short a time. What is wrong in celebrating that? Gullible and naive are wrong choice of words. If a governor tries to fool me by making positive change where I live, then I am indeed gullible and naive (indeed stupid) for celebrating him. I guess you are the type that sees nothing wrong with the current president since its "only" been 2 years since he was sworn in. When El Rufai did what he did in Abuja, people celebrated him. The fact that he turned rogue does not make him a standard for assessing others in similar position. You might want to try being an optimist in life for a change.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by ow11(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2009
I will imagine Fashola as president as we were told to imagine Marwa as president. lol, @poster when he leaves office, we will see his trail of misdeeds sad
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Piddo(m): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2009
ow11:

I will imagine Fashola as president as we were told to imagine Marwa as president. lol, @poster when he leaves office, we will see his trail of misdeeds sad

Hard to understand why its diffcult to please Nigerians. Whoever said he was a saint?? Y'all are missing the whole point. Even in America where we are supposed to be taking examples from, we all saw what happened to Obama's seat in Illinois. But that doesnt mean there wasnt developmental progress in Chicago or elsewhere in the state. Politics is a dirty game to start with but if in the midst of it all, we have someone who is showing some promise, why not show some optimism? And make no mistake about it, Marwa was indeed a performer and we all know he ended up floating an airline after office. Except Jesus comes down to take a political seat, we will never have someone without a "trail of misdeeds" after office.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Eziachi: 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2009
Oh Yes! I can imagine it and I think I am seeing Shonekan and OBJ.
Another Nigerian governor blowing his trumpet of achievement in the media without any visible substance of it on the ground.
Do you remember a former governor called Donald Duke? Does the name ring a bell? It was the same for him for 8 years. He pull wool over the eyes of many gullible Nigerians that never learn from the past.
Then Duke was the action governor, tourism governor, educated governor and all the s**t his supporters in the press were echoing about. They even wanted to make him president. But when he left office and the wind blew and we now see the backside of a fowl and the action governor was a fake who form campany after company and awarded them billions of Naira worth of contract. Deducting money from the LGAs toward hi bigs elephant project of a glorified shopping centre called TINAPA.

They said it was a haven on earth and now the people of cross River may spend a generation paying off debt the shopping centre generated. from being built and no one shops there. Lagos under Fashola is still full of s**t. Refuse dump everywhere, beggars and homeless still every corner burning huge fires under the bridges, still no traffic lights or rules, raw sewage still spewing onto the streets.
Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Eziachi: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2009
Piddo:

Gullible and naive you say? Then I strongly doubt you live in Lagos. I have lived in Lagos for almost 30 years and never in those 3 decades have I seen such change in so short a time. What is wrong in celebrating that? Gullible and naive are wrong choice of words. If a governor tries to fool me by making positive change where I live, then I am indeed gullible and naive (indeed stupid) for celebrating him. I guess you are the type that sees nothing wrong with the current president since its "only" been 2 years since he was sworn in. When El Rufai did what he did in Abuja, people celebrated him. The fact that he turned rogue does not make him a standard for assessing others in similar position. You might want to try being an optimist in life for a change.

Who give a f**k how many millions of years you had lived in Lagos?
The question for you "Mr Praise Singer" is this, how has your new wonderful Nigerian politician in Fashola changed your life for the better in past two years.
Do you still jump and jive from Molue to Molue that can send you to early heaven before you expect it?
Do you now wash/clean with tap water inside your house anytime you wanted or you still drink from a pit called borehole?
Do you still depart for work if you have one as early as 5 AM in the morning to bit the traffick or lose your job for being four hrs late?
Your street stills smell of raw human waste or flowers/urban trees planted by Fashola?
Is Your streets swept now or still the same old gutter image?
I will guess you now has a social security fund where Fashola helps the unemployed until get a job and the disabled too?
Surely Brand new trains now must be running all over Lagos including in areas like Ajegunle, Oshodi, Ilasa etc?
Surely They now perform live saving operations like liver, heart transplant in Lagos in hospital built and equipt for the 21st century, when he can't even pay doctors going on strike.

You gullible Nigerians will never learn that all Nigeria politicians, from bottom to top are rogues. They always come with meaningless sound bites, like Yar Adua's seven point agenda or his declearing emergency on power energy but absolutely means nothing.
Fashola has his own too, NO SIREN IN LAGOS STATE, sounds good but never put food or healthcare on ground.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2009
Eziachi:

The question for you "Mr Praise Singer" is this, how has your new wonderful Nigerian politician in Fashola changed your life for the better in past two years.

Do you still jump and jive from Molue to Molue that can send you to early heaven before you expect it?

Do you now wash/clean with tap water inside your house anytime you wanted or you still drink from a pit called borehole?

Do you still depart for work if you have one as early as 5 AM in the morning to bit the traffick or lose your job for being four hrs late?

Your street stills smell of raw human waste or flowers/urban trees planted by Fashola?

I will guess you now has a social security fund where Fashola helps the unemployed until get a job and the disabled too?

Surely Brand new trains now must be running all over Lagos including in areas like Ajegunle, Oshodi, Ilasa etc?

Surely They now perform live saving operations like liver, heart transplant in Lagos in hospital built and equipt for the 21st century, when he can't even pay doctors going on strike.

You gullible Nigerians will never learn that all Nigeria politicians, from bottom to top are rogues.

They always come with meaningless sound bites, like Yar Adua's seven point agenda or his declearing emergency on power energy but absolutely means nothing.

Fashola has his own too, NO SIREN IN LAGOS STATE, sounds good but never put food or healthcare on ground.

Very good Questions asked.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by SkyBlue1: 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2009
Eziachi:

You gullible Nigerians will never learn that all Nigeria politicians, from bottom to top are rogues. They always come with meaningless sound bites, like Yar Adua's seven point agenda or his declearing emergency on power energy but absolutely means nothing.

@Eziachi, while i am all for honesty and not jumping on praise bandwagons without substantial proof to show the merit of such, sorry to say but i honestly cannot make head or tail of your arguement when you use examples like the ones you used. Though Donald Duke may not been a saint, why do you think people were saying good things about him? Why don't we be objective here? Are you saying nothing worthy of note was achieved in calabar? I happen to be interested in developments, projects, buildings, etc that go on in Nigeria, and Tinapa is not a fiction of the imagination, neither is obudu ranch with it's cable car (apparently the longest in Africa) and neither is the fact that calabar while being situated in a state that is among those that get the lowest revenue allocation from the federal government, can boast of being the cleanest city, with good roads and aesthetic beauty. Tinapa was delivered. So why did Tinapa (Shopping comlex, hotel, fishing village and film studio, etc) fail?

Blaming the failure of Tinapa squarely on the government of cross rivers is equivalent to blaming Fashola for Lagos not having constant power supply while in fact whatever power is generated by states does not go to state but to the whole country. When Tinapa was officially opened, for a period of over a year vendors were not allowed to sell anything? Did you now this? Vendors who paid for rent were not allowed to sell anything because customs where not allowing them to (despite the fact the Tinapa is meant to be a free trade zone), and the federal government which is the power that handles such things failed to act. You had a situation whereby people were turning up to see a shopping complex which had some shops opened just for opening sake because they were not allowed to sell anything. These vendors were businesses that had to pay rent for the spaces and could not sell and this is how it was for over a year till Yara Adua saw it fit to finally address the issue (if it was him who even addressed it). The vision of Tinapa is a huge and economically sound one. According to the project information it is meant to be completed in phases (four phases) and only the first phase now is completed but it was designed to be working from the completion of phase one. The project has the poetential to generate a lot of revenue for calabar, revenue which can be further used to improve the city and the whole state, provide thousands of jobs, attract foreign investments, increase tourism which is meant to be the mojor industry of the state. Such to me is not stupidity but economically sound and jthe structure was delivered and so was the environment. Tinapa might need a relaunch to get rid of all the negative perceptions about it and attract business again.

While i know it seems to be a past time for people to crucify Nigerian government (and rightly so when it is warranted), let us at least keep some objectivity and substance behind it while we do so as opposed to blind pitchforking.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by oderemo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2009
our country Nigeria is one of the countries where paid govt. official do what they are paid 2 do and everyone jump up and down as if they are Messiah. na wa oh.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by asha80(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2009
One the problems with nigerian person is that his mind has been bruised and brutalized that he rejoices whenever a goverment does what ordinarily it is supposed to do.I can confidently say that most nigerians do not know the basic functions of government.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by lucabrasi(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2009
Eziachi:

if you dont see how fashola has changed the life of the average lagosian,then you either have not been to lagos in years like your "supporter" or you are intentionally being mischievous.
molue?so you expect fashola to phase out molue immidiately he introduced the brt scheme right or you reckon he is a magician ,do you know the population of lagos state at all
Eziachi:

hmmmn,so they dont use borehole in other parts of nigeria going by your assertions?i  guess fashola is the only governor who has not made all these things available to its citizens,is fashola meant to use his own personal funds to do these things which the allocation is not covering
Eziachi:

and fashola is meant to provide social security funds?? grin
apart from the united kingdom which is a totally welfare state/nation,where else in the world do they pay the unemployed?unless you r comparing fashola's 2 years with the united kingdom or other western democracies which is laughable.

go and find out how much the trains will cost to sort out, i hope you realise that  in many engineering jobs of epoch scale like the metro line scheme, 60/70% of the stages to the finishing stages is all about design,construction,building the rails e.t.c installation,training,test running e.t.c constitutes 30/40% this is there online for you to read and enlighten yourself,besides the fashola regime have made it known and its also on record that they r at an advanced stage for the metro rail,

yes,i agree with you, fashola should perform a feat the totality of the federal government/nigeria has not being able to do, if need be,he should even mortgage his property and get enough money to build the hospitals, after all what is ayinke house that he renovated to standard!!bet you didint know that
Eziachi:

while fashola still has a long way to go,i think people like you and your supporters on here who are quick to condemn anything and everything nigeria even though they have not been back there in years should criticise objectively,
fashola is not super human so dont expect him to solve all the problems in 2 years, when he tried to clear ladipo people like you shouted
same as compter village,same as the tax issue in lagos state yet, you want him to transform lagos to london overnight, is he getting the same budget as abuja??
is he getting more than other states in nigeria?
how come they have not being able to match his feat??
what is the population in other states of nigeria compared to lagos state?

do you even know why he is advocating for lagos state being elevated to the status of a "special state"or whaever, i bet you dont,maybe you should go find out, ,in a country with a dearth of conscentious politicians and leaders with a genuine love of its people at heart,fashola has done considerably well considering the limited resources and the huge traffic of nigerians trooping to lagos every single day to "make it like their brother who brought toyota open and close eyes to the village at xmas"
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by asha80(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
@lucabrasi
Nobody is criticizing Fashola.What we are against is noise by praise by the otimkpus(praise singers).We should not allow sycophants swell his head with all these noise because he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2009
Those dreaming a Fashola Presidency should defer it till about 40years time
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by lucabrasi(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2009
asha 80:

@lucabrasi
Nobody is criticizing Fashola.What we are against is noise by praise by the otimkpus(praise singers).We should not allow sycophants swell his head with all these noise because he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.
check the dude eziachi's comments, as you ll have noticed,i neither contributed nor advocated for fashola as president because i dont support that as well because i sincerly believe we nigerians are quick to ascribe accolades pre maturely,however completely dismissing or boderline ridiculing fashola's achievements is being mischievous to say the list as he is inffering in his comments above
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
Eziachi:

eziachi is probably one of the traders at alaba/pc village, bitter at having to pay tax that cut into his projected profits

lagos did not become the mess it is in two years , but he lambasts fashola for his ' failure' to immediately reverse the effects of decades of mismanagement. i wonder how you can compare yarduas grammer with no action to what fshola is doing. it was his governement that initiated the donation of vehicles to the police - perhaps you cannot remembr how out of control robbers were in the aftermath of the elections; lagos stae govt is doing what the fedaral govt has failed to do ; repairing the roads in festac.

the real problem fashola will face is not ne'er do wells who cannot see good in any effort to do do better, but in the establishment of continuity. i beleieve fashola is in some part executing his predecessors blueprint(which could not have been executed with obj in power) all it takes is a typical nigerian governor succeeding him, and we're back where we were before.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2009
ode remo:

our country Nigeria is one of the countries where paid govt. official do what they are paid 2 do and everyone jump up and down as if they are Messiah. na wa oh.

asha 80:

One the problems with nigerian person is that his mind has been bruised and brutalized that he rejoices whenever a goverment does what ordinarily it is supposed to do.I can confidently say that most nigerians do not know the basic functions of government.

asha 80:

@lucabrasi

Exactly !
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by olanajim(m): 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2009
Fashola as President of Nigeria? That is impossible as long as every right thinking man know that he is not a man of his own. At least, not 100%. El rufai did better than Fashola in term of infrastructural development.

What I keep saying and will continue to say is that: something must be wrong with the mentality of people who praise a "talking dog" to high heaven, while neglecting to even think of her trainner."

Fashola may not have achieve much without the efforts of all past governors of Lagos. During Lateef Jakande, he was compared to Awolowo. Some even gave him the title of "Baba Kekere.". He was praised to high heaven on account of ground breaking reforms he brought to lagos. The man is somewhere in lagos eating palp and bean cake now! No one even remember that he was supposed to be the next Awolowo again!

Marwa did his own "reform." And compared to other governors, he was outstanding. It was upon that credential that he opted to contest the last presidential election. Lagosians have forgoten how he helped fight the crimes etc. The only thing that refuse to go away is KEKE MARWA. Even with the Obj's renaming it as KEKE NAPEP, we still find the relics of his initiative but he is now history.

Tinubu carried on from where others have stopped and he also recorded his own achievements. So much that he was told to declare interest in the last presidential election.

And now, another man in the saddle, doing his works is being turned to a demi-god just because he builds on other people's achievements. I hope that one day, he will leave office and take stock. If the number of people he affected negatively outweight the number of people praising him, no matter what monument he left behind, he will forever to regret his tenure.

I am still studying him though. I have a feeling that he may outdo himself if he let praise singers block is sense of reasoning.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2009
I can picture Fashola as the president but only after an Igbo man has been there first.
If an Igbo is not the president after Yar' adua(what a name I can't spell it) I fear unrest. Lets just give these people what they want and let them feel a sense of belonging to Nigeria. If an Igbo man is made president, the pressure will be on him not to disgrace his people so he must perform well.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by hajifaty: 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2009
Fashola or whoever the president is, all we want is a bete naija ooooo
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2009
9jaganja:

I can picture Fashola as the president but only after an Igbo man has been there first.
If an Igbo is not the president after Yar' adua(what a name I can't spell it) I fear unrest. Lets just give these people what they want and let them feel a sense of belonging to Nigeria. If an Igbo man is made president, the pressure will be on him not to disgrace his people so he must perform well.

You guys have come again. angry

Why should the pressure be on an Igbo president cos of his tribe instead of the fact that nigerians are going through hell and a lot has to be fixed?
Were there such pressures on the past and present presidents cos of their respective tribes?

Igbos; you are on your own. - Biko
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Eziachi: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2009
@LUCABRASI,

I have said my bit and that is my opinion that I am entitled to express, you don't have like it or even read it. If you like, you can kiss Fashola's backside or any other Nigerian rogue called politican, that is your business and not mine. You guys set such a low expectation of your rulers and that is why you always get rubbish rulers. They give you what rightly belongs to you, you give them national honours and sing praise them.

Two years is enough to do certain things like facing out MOLUE if he is willing, able and with brain. It always take time when it come to the public issues and matters but for them and their own things, it always come in an instant. It doesn't take them time to replace their official cars and equipt their houses with the latest stuff of the world but when it comes to the public amenities, they develop fiscal resposibility all of a sudden.

My point is that you should never sing praise a politican for doing a job he is handsomely paid to deliver. We give them free cars, free housing, bulging salaries, legion of house helps and keepers,for them to do one single thing, use our money and tax to give us simple amenities. That is not too much to ask, so why praising a politician for doing his job with your money?

If you know what has change since Fashola becomes a governor in Lagos, just name it. You said it take a million years to have train running, fair enough, how long do you think it take to equipt a hospital or even at least put some paint on the walls of a hospital for a start?
How long will it take to establish a full running emergency ambulance services for example?

@SKY BLUE,
Like I said people like you are responsible for Nigeria rubbish rulers. TINAPA you are harping about is not just a waste but a misplace priority. Responsible governments all over the world do not build shopping complex, a car on a cable as you called it. That is the job of the private sector. The govt job is to provide all the incentive that will bring private investors to do those things. Things like good tax breaks, 24 hrs running water, electricity, good roads with modern drainage system, train lines/services and well organised and equipt airports and boat jetties.
Donald Duke borrowed millions with massive interest to build TINAPA and now no shop is opened there and no one is shopping there and your excuse lies with customs and excise but if you have brain and had ran a business, their is something called business plan, where you first do all your feasibility studies and know what you can do or cannot do in relation to your plan.
How can you build a navy base inside the Sahara desert and then realise that their no water in Sahara except sand?
How much does Mr Duke knew about custom's import allowances before he start his meaningless shopping mall?
How many Blue chip companies pledged their rentage of a space before he starts building or does he expect to sell shoes and socks as well?
How many people goes to Obudu cattle ranch except PDP rogues for ther so called retreat? Obudu should had been leased to leisure companies willing to invest and that is the way it's done all over the world.

Tourism start from home, how many Cross Riverians had climbed into that cable car? Go to Jamaica or Tobago and see thousands of this so called cable cars as tourist business and they all has nothing to do with govt but private investment, especially by hotels.
If you want to see Duke's real achievement, come to the town of Surrey in South East England and I will show you his multi million worth pounds masion inside the Surrey Surbub that the likes of people you are praise singing about.
No matter how many times or years, Many Nigerians will never learn.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Eziachi: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2009
oyb:

eziachi is probably one of the traders at alaba/pc village, bitter at having to pay tax that cut into his projected profits

lagos did not become the mess it is in two years , but he lambasts fashola for his ' failure' to immediately reverse the effects of  decades of mismanagement. i wonder how you can compare yarduas grammer with no action to what fshola is doing. it was his governement that initiated the donation of vehicles to the police - perhaps you cannot remembr how out of control robbers were in the aftermath of the elections; lagos stae govt is doing what the fedaral govt has failed to do ; repairing the roads in festac.

the real problem fashola will face is not ne'er do wells who cannot see good in any effort to do do better, but in the establishment of continuity. i beleieve fashola is in some part executing his predecessors blueprint(which could not have been executed with obj in power)  all it takes is a typical nigerian governor succeeding him, and we're back where we were before.

When people talk, you can measure them really. So this is the best you can come out with? Calling me a disgruntled Alaba market trader in a demeaning tone as if it's a bad thing or crime to be a trader.
Pin Head!!
In a progressive nations, those traders are taken care of, protected and encouraged, they are at the heart small business entreprise, the engine of every capital economy. But in your estimations and mind, it's something to be laughed as a reference to make a point. The sorry things is, there are thousands those of your like minds running Nigeria and that is the way they view this traders, forgeting that their taxes paid your little salary every month.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Ilelobola: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2009
I agree with Eziachi's questions and some comments posted on here. I am neither for nor against Fashola especially as I've not been to Lagos in almost a year now. I believe he was governor when I was there and from what I could see, all he's done is continued to paint the edge of pavements black and white, planted a few trees here and there, BRT (which I seem to remember was started by Tinubu but good on him for seeing it through) given the hospitals a new lick of paint. Judging by the current doctors etc strikes, all's not well. Have the basic human needs of all or most Lagosians been met i.e. food, clothing and shelter? A lot can be done in 2 years, a 2 year child achieves so much in that time. And take Dubai as an example, it was built in 18 years, somehow, I don't believe Lagos can be like Dubai in the same amount of time but miracles do happen!

Please what else has the man done that makes him deserve all the accolade that's been given by so many posts on here (NL)? Perhaps there are some people in the inner circle that can enlighten us. And please avoid mentioning the alleged train projects etc as our leaders know how to promise heaven and earth but they never see anything through.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Muza(m): 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2009
i can imagine demolitions grin
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by jaso1(m): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2009
The problem with us in this country is that we have been deliberately wicked by our leaders and this denied us the sense of knowing right form wrong. So to say, some Nigerian are gradually growing senile it's a pity! we lack common knowledge of changes. This is a man that openly declared that if you and i noted any mismanagement in his regime he's ready to resigned. from what this man (BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA TRULY SON OF YORUBA. BIBI IRE KOSE FOWORA =good pedigree can never be bought with money, May God keep supporting you, You will definitely be in the right hand of God) uttered i sincerely know that this is the type of leadership that befit this nation at this stage. His first year was not celebrated despite his enormous performance, he keep gearing the spirit of hiscabinet member for motre effort not relent. for somebody to now come out with dirty word from dirty mouth is ridiculous and people of valuable worth will not allowed that.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2009
Whats your point
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by jaso1(m): 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2009
:-x :-x.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by jaso1(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2009
You won't see point as enemy of progress never associate or recognised positive changes.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2009
I don’t see maturity in a person not being able to separate criticism of a persons work from the person in question. Like @Asha80 rightly pointed out, and I have tried to drum on for so long now, criticizing government, eg Fashola’s government has nothing to do with dislike or non-support of the man at all. I think we should strive to separate those two before we can clearly see the argument from the other side.

There are some valid questions to be asked. Sure there has been some improvement in Lagos, but there are questions such as how the many improvements, the state has spent money on in the past two years, has affected the lives of individual Lagosians. @Eziachi asked some really good questions. Instead of direct and straight forwards answers being provided, all I see is the usual ridiculing, and putting-down that is typical of some here on nairaland when their lovely god is criticized or opposed in anyway. Will it ever be possible to get direct answers on how the face lifts have affected ordinary lagosians. Instead of rhetoric, why not give real life and straight to the point answers?

It has been two years now, and I am sure we can at least sit and consider the improvements and how much of an effect, be it positive or negative it has had on the lives of the average Lagosian.
Re: Imagine Fashola As Nigerian President by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don’t see maturity in a person not being able to separate criticism of a persons work from the person in question. Like @Asha80 rightly pointed out, and I have tried to drum on for so long now, criticizing government, eg Fashola’s government has nothing to do with dislike or non-support of the man at all. I think we should strive to separate those two before we can clearly see the argument from the other side.

There are some valid questions to be asked. Sure there has been some improvement in Lagos, but there are questions such as how the many improvements, the state has spent money on in the past two years, has affected the lives of individual Lagosians. @Eziachi asked some really good questions. Instead of direct and straight forwards answers being provided, all I see is the usual ridiculing, and putting-down that is typical of some here on nairaland when their lovely god is criticized or opposed in anyway. Will it ever be possible to get direct answers on how the face lifts have affected ordinary lagosians. Instead of rhetoric, why not give real life and straight to the point answers?

It has been two years now, and I am sure we can at least sit and consider the improvements and how much of an effect, be it positive or negative it has had on the lives of the average Lagosian.

It doesnt matter how you guys try to put it; you will soon be labeled an enemy of progress so far the topic is about the "almighty" fashola.
You are dealing with typical nigerians for god's sake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar'adua Cartoons / Amnesty International Indicts Nigerian Government / Student Riot In Kwara Poly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.