Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? (2392 Views)

Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / How To Answer the terrific "Tell Me About Yourself?" Interview Question. / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by donald1010(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
If an interviewer ask you " WHAT IS YOUR STAFF STRENGTH"? What will be ur ans
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by mayorchelsea(m): 9:25am On Mar 03, 2015
The interviewer most likely want you to market yourself by stating your competencies or skills.I'll just tell him,"I am a people oriented person, I possess excellent communication skills written and oral, I have keen attention to details and I'm an highly organised person.I'm also computer literate and proficient in use of MS-Excel,Word and Internet".Just state the ones relevant to the post you're applied for

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Wait a minute. Were you asked that question or you just imagined it? Because that question is meant for an employer NOT an employee.

Staff strength means the number of people (staff) an employer has under his employ.

14 Likes

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by sonssyo: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
mayorchelsea:
The interviewer most likely want you to market yourself by stating your competencies or skills.I'll just tell him,"I am a people oriented person, I possess excellent communication skills written and oral, I have keen attention to details and I'm an highly organised person.I'm also computer literate and proficient in use of MS-Excel,Word and Internet".Just state the ones relevant to the post you're applied for

misleading answer ,dat question is for HR

1 Like

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:
Wait a minute. Were you asked that question or you just imagined it? Because that question is meant for an employer NOT an employee.

Staff strength means the number of people (staff) an employer has under his employ.
Thank you! Why peeps are so quick to bring anything up in here, baffles me sad

Imagine the fuckericology cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by donald1010(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina is actually correct....staff strength means number of staff in a company..

2 Likes

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Olutola88(m): 5:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
Op, I believe you now get the gist. If you are still confused, check online for the meaning of “Staff Strength”. THREAD CLOSED
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
chimkaire:
Thank you! Why peeps are so quick to bring anything up in here, baffles me sad

Imagine the fuckericology cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy maybe the guy is a business owner and came to interview for the post of CEO. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
mayorchelsea:

Let's say, it is actually an opportunity to sell yourself at an interview, this line of answer will NOT make you stand out because it is the usual answer given and it really doesn't show any evidence that you are ALL of the attributes mentioned.

Always give exceptional answers that imprints the memory of you in the mind of your interviewer. wink

1 Like

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

cheesy maybe the guy is a business owner and came to interview for the post of CEO. lipsrsealed
lol
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by akinsadeez(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2015
Buhahahahahahahahahaha. grin grin grin grin Imagine an interviewer asking you your staff strength and you saying you are good in Ms Excel and Word. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by sholay2011(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
akinsadeez:
Buhahahahahahahahahaha. grin grin grin grin Imagine an interviewer asking you your staff strength and you saying you are good in Ms Excel and Word. cheesy grin
grin grin grin grin

Stewpeed question by the interviewer in the first place though.

I get my own company and I come interview for your place or wot?

The posters above me have finished answered the OP.

OP, you too should imagine more feasible questions na.
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by tolutweety(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

Always give exceptional answers that imprints the memory of you in the mind of your interviewer. wink

Like...

What would be your reply if you were to sell yourself to the interviewer?
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
akinsadeez:

cheesy please be nice. angry
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
tolutweety:

Like...

What would be your reply if you were to sell yourself to the interviewer?

There is NO, one correct answer to your question.
It depends on the direction of the interview and the post you applied for.

I have never sold myself the same way, at any interview.
Let me share an experience I had in 2010 at an interview with a Human Resources consultant, recruiting for one of the telecoms organization in Nigeria.

It was the first stage and there were quite a number of people to be interviewed and also a number of interviewers. One of whom, was a stern looking, thick, dark lady whose face looked like it would fall apart if she dared smiled. A lot of us prayed NOT to be interviewed by her.

But then, when it was my turn, I was ushered to a seat in front of madam "smile not". She barely acknowledged my greeting, asked me to sit and before my buttocks could hit the seat, she said, "look! As you can see, there are so many people to be interviewed. So I don't have the time to be bored. I have seen your CV, tell me something that is not in your CV. She was not even looking at me!

Choi! The woman wan dampen my moral mehn. cheesy
I smiled and said. One of my favorite quotes is, "attitude is everything". I consciously strive to put on the best attitude that will generate the outcome I desire in any given situation. She looked at me just then, and cracked a smile for the first time then said, "hmmm, tell me more".

So, my next angle was to sell my skills in such a way that reflects my suitability for the job. It was a customer service role.

I said, I am a passionate peoples person. I am at my best when I find myself in situations where I have to interact with, serve or influence people. That is why inspite of my educational background in accounting, I have chosen to build a career that is people focused.

Then I narrated a past work accomplishment that reflected my exceptional customer service skill. wink

The interview ended with her saying, " wow, you are a breath of fresh air" I will definitely recommend you for the second stage.

I said something funny (funny I know because at least it made her laugh) thanked her for the opportunity to interview with her and strutted out of the hall. Lol. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by rattlesnake(m): 7:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
donald1010:
If an interviewer ask you " WHAT IS YOUR STAFF STRENGTH"? What will be ur ans
ode
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by akinsadeez(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
sholay2011:

grin grin grin grin

Stewpeed question by the interviewer in the first place though.

I get my own company and I come interview for your place or wot?

The posters above me have finished answered the OP.

OP, you too should imagine more feasible questions na.

hmmmmmm, dats true........... but bro imagine dis scenario, a man who claims to be working as a branch manager in a company is being interviewed for d post of MD in another company. Can't they ask him for d staff strength in d branch he was heading in order to judge his suitability? For example a man who heads a mega branch of a co with 100 staff will be preferred for such a post to another man who heads a branch with ten staff.

just trying to find a plausible scenario for d OP's question sha.
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by tolutweety(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

It depends on the direction of the interview and the post you applied for.

I have never sold myself the same way, at any interview.
Let me share an experience I had in 2010 at an interview with a Human Resources consultant, recruiting for one of the telecoms organization in Nigeria.

It was the first stage and there were quite a number of people to be interviewed and also a number of interviewers. One of whom, was a stern looking, thick, dark lady whose face looked like it would fall apart if she dared smiled. A lot of us prayed NOT to be interviewed by her.

But then, when it was my turn, I was ushered to a seat in front of madam "smile not". She barely acknowledged my greeting, asked me to sit and before my buttocks could hit the seat, she said, "look! As you can see, there are so many people to be interviewed. So I don't have the time to be bored. I have seen your CV, tell me something that is not in your CV. She was not even looking at me!

Choi! The woman wan dampen my moral mehn. cheesy I smiled and said. One of my favorite quotes is, "attitude is everything". I consciously strive to put on the best attitude that will generate the outcome I desire in any given situation. She looked at me just then, and cracked a smile for the first time then said, "hmmm, tell me more"

Good one!

Nice response btw. Hope you eventually got the job?
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by akinsadeez(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

It depends on the direction of the interview and the post you applied for...........

Hmmmm. Actually I picked something from ur story......but it also takes a dose of luck or better still providence. You could have said exactly the same thing to anoda person on anoda day and she wouldn't be moved. If she didn't find your statement intriguing, what would you have done?
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
akinsadeez:

hmmmmmm, dats true........... but bro imagine dis scenario, a man who claims to be working as a branch manager in a company is being interviewed for d post of MD in another company. Can't they ask him for d staff strength in d branch he was heading in order to judge his suitability? [/b]For example a man who heads a mega branch of a co with 100 staff will be preferred for such a post to another man who heads a branch with ten staff.

just trying to find a plausible scenario for d OP's question sha.

Nope! Not a suitable question. What he is likely to be asked is, his accomplishments, what profits he turned over. Etc.

The CV of a BM should already reflect those information anyways and should also state the number of number of people he [b]managed

Note: managed. They are team members, whose results he is accountable for. They are NOT his staff. So the question about his staff strength is dumb! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
akinsadeez:

Hmmmm. Actually I picked something from ur story......but it also takes a dose of luck or better still providence. You could have said exactly the same thing to anoda person on anoda day and she wouldn't be moved. If she didn't find your statement intriguing, what would you have done?

I do NOT believe in luck! I believe in favor yes! I also firmly believe in preparation and confidence.

Also, remember I already mentioned that I do NOT sell myself the same way in every interview. The way I sell my brand and skills, is dependent on the job I am applying for and the direction of the interview.

With ALL sense of modesty, I MUST state that I have never failed to impress in any interview.
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by akinsadeez(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

I do NOT believe in luck! I believe in favor yes! I also firmly believe in preparation and confidence.

Also, remember I already mentioned that I do NOT sell myself the same way in every interview. The way I sell my brand and skills, is dependent on the job I am applying for and the direction of the interview.

With ALL sense of modesty, I MUST state that I have never failed to impress in any interview.

But was that case really about preparation? Well, if not luck at least Providence but you did not answer my question. I am not talking about saying d same thing in another interview. In that example you gave, if you look at it critically the situation was actually out of your hands. You made a statement in answer to her directive which she (luckily?) found intriguing. Now another interviewer in her position that day might have found your statement uninteresting. So let's assume she did not react positively like she did, what would you have done?
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by sholay2011(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

Ride on gurl. Nice post in response to that of Tolutweety.

Your head dey dia.
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2015
sholay2011:

Ride on gurl. Nice post in response to that of Tolutweety.

Your head dey dia.

smiley wink gracias

1 Like

Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Pamcrest(f): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
Evina:

Precisely! No employer will ask u that unless u are applying to be their supplier/contractor.
Maybe d op misunderstood d question he was asked
My humble submission
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by Evina(f): 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Pamcrest:

Precisely! No employer will ask u that unless u are applying to be their supplier/contractor
My humble submission

Nice insight wink
Re: What Will Be Your Response To This Interview Question? by musicwriter(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2015
akinsadeez:

But was that case really about preparation? Well, if not luck at least Providence but you did not answer my question. I am not talking about saying d same thing in another interview. In that example you gave, if you look at it critically the situation was actually out of your hands. You made a statement in answer to her directive which she (luckily?) found intriguing. Now another interviewer in her position that day might have found your statement uninteresting. So let's assume she did not react positively like she did, what would you have done?

She said she'll answer depending on the "direction" of the interview. This includes being able to read the body language and mind of your interviewer as much as you can. She have the skill and she'll use it when necessary. So, the question you're asking do not arise. She passed the interview!.

This reminds me about sometime ago when I had a business deal that led me going to a government department in Abuja to clarify certain things to get paid my money or lose it. My colleague in Port Harcourt was scared about the outcome and I told him relax, wait for me I'm coming back with the money. When I arrived Maitama and assessed all of them I let loose Queen's English and bombarded them with questions they had no answer for. They quickly told me they just wanted to see me and that I can have my money with immediate effect. One of them even offered to drive me to the bank and waited for me to finish so I could tip him. I'm overly an over-confident person and I can't see such a person failing an interview.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Only HND & OND Holders Who Are Ready To Start Work In November 2016 / Skyline University College Fresh Job Recruitment (18 Positions) / Npower: Good News For 2017 Nteach Applicants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.