Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue (15211 Views)

Bloody Protest In The University Of Portharcourt(graphic Photos) / Students Reveal Jamb's Secret Ploy; Over 500 Jambites Protest Today... / Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by kaywizee(m): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
JAMB candidates protest over unwillingness by officials to provide them with registration printouts scheduled for collection today.

The protest which lasted for almost an hour caused heavy traffic along the Makurdi International Market Road as protesters barricaded movement of vehicles to and fro the area of the board.

It took the intervention of the Police who exchanged teargas with stones from protesters to restore normalcy, even as over four Hilux full of arrested candidates were seen being conveyed to the station by the Police.

Correspondent Samuel Orahii learnt that, trouble started when teeming candidates gathered for over 6 hours at the Makurdi Zonal Office of the Board unattended to by the officials whom they alleged were not concerned about their several hours of standing under the sun.

Speaking with one of the protesters who identified himself as Terfa accused the board of neglecting the plights of candidates, some of whom have travelled from different parts of the state to collect a document which the board officially slated by text messages to them.

In a similar reaction, another protester said the board was using security officials to intimidate complaining candidates. In his words, "for how long will they continue to use security operatives to shade them from a difficulty they caused over a thousand number of candidates?"

It would be recalled that the board earlier slated 21 February, 2015 for collection of printouts which witnessed massive turn up of candidates who were later addressed by JAMB officials to return home due to unpreparedness of the board.

Efforts to speak with officials of the board to get their side of the story proved futile as entrance into the office vicinity was sealed by the police.

Source: http://oyiidoma..com/2015/03/jambites-protest-in-makurdi.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Pr0ton: 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
JAMB is not serious and concerned with Nigerian education. They are just after our money. Scrap them! Ban them! Employ better means!

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by tbagjames(m): 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
so true. Make i hear say anybody/student is asked to pay damages. I heard Jambites were seriously beaten in the mix of the turmoil. 2nd to comment anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Misogynist2014(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
Serious students, its time to make sure that these exam bodies know that they have to be accountable.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by ugosonic1: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
what will happen wen dese pple gain admission

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by gameboy727(m): 7:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
Okay undecided
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Misogynist2014(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Pr0ton:
JAMB is not serious and concerned with Nigerian education. They are just after our money. Scrap them! Ban them! Employ better means!
Schools should be the ones conducting exams.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by adtiezy1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sipping my kunu.. Vote change vote buhari...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by nnanyereugo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Wich way naija, chaos evrywia
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
I c.
Jamb, thank God I wrote u once.
Jamb should go if that is the case, let schools conduct their entrance exam
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by enet1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
This is Nigeria where people who are supposed to care abot the welfare and advancement of students turn a blind eye.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Paspane: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
jamb......i remember those days

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Go home jambites....

And apply for Ghana admission grin....

BTW.....Someone stood in front of plane today because of poor service delivery. Now...we have students protesting because of poor service delivery. One thing I know...none of those people woke up this morning thinking...I will get angry today.

Nigeria has a service delivery problem. Time we Nigeriasn complained more....and more. Perhaps people would wake up.

After all....it took me six years after graduation to get my university certificate. Meanwhile...graduate of oyinbo university gets his certificate on the same day.

Which way Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by J4parry(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
I hope those arrested will be released in time for the scheduled exam.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Misogynist2014(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
adtiezy1:
Sipping my kunu.. Vote change vote buhari...
If to say we have another viable option, what is good about Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by asala1: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Jamb candidates not Jambites.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
JAMB jamming Nigerians since 1969. Dunno why it hasn't been scrapped out. angry... inec postpones, jamb postpones,, guess its a season of postponement

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Bsc(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
Coming up with protest @ this stage...I think is good..we are getting civilize!
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Isiterere(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
PDP will soon blame this on APC

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by wise7(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
just pray the exam holds.all the best to the jambites

1 Like

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by victorazy(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Pr0ton:

Jamb surposed to be scrap since. Go to the schl of ur choice let them give u exam, if u make it up to their cut-off mark fine.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Babyboy1986(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Ndyoo(m): 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
I think the government should recruit two more bodies to oversee the entrance of candidates into the university and what's this stupidity of taking post-ume after Jamb. Make the exam a once and for all exam and scrap any possibilities of exam irregularities and malpractices which will be a way forward towards a better education in Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by davemike1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
see lie, so u wan tell me say na all dis ppl wan write jamb jst for the state

hw dem take gather demslves?

abi dem gt union wey create d awareness say na today dem wan protest undecided
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by mohammad11: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Election posponement? security?

Jamb posponement? Security?

Let pray for the best solution to it all...
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by englishmart(m): 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
no need protesting. Jamb wants to cancel this year's jamb exam and grant every candidate automatic admission
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by okwynet: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
coolInitially candidates do print this from cafe' but now greediness is in display. They want to collect the money all alone. Let's see how long it will last.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Anikulhapo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
JAMB ARE NOT SERIOUS ABT THIS FORTCOMING EXAM AT ALL,THEY NEED COMPETITION LIKE NECO IS GIVING WAEC.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
victorazy:

Jamb surposed to be scrap since. Go to the schl of ur choice let them give u exam, if u make it up to their cut-off mark fine.

Good idea....but the problem is that bias in admission would become worse.

Bring back A-Levels I say.
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Photo: Jambites Protest In Benue by baysmith(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
education in Nigeria... getting from bad to worse...

Hope Saibuhari revamp d situation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG To Resume January 25, 2021 / Olaolu Femi Jailed For Defending Self Against Racism In Ukraine / Anambra Commences On Air Teaching Of Pupils, Students Today On ABS Radio 88.5FM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.