Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import (811 Views)

NNPC To Publish Financial Transactions From September – Kachikwu / Kabir Akingbolu: Lawyer Sues Buhari Over Failure To Tackle Fuel Shortage / PWC Submits Forensic Audit Report Of Finances Of The NNPC To Jonathan. (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by jimmayoy: 12:03am On Mar 03, 2015
The Management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Monday began fresh measures to halt what it described as artificially-induced petrol scarcity noticeable in some parts of the country.
To this end, the corporation said it planned to import more than one billion litres of petrol in March to address the short fall in supply
TheNews Agency of Nigeriareports that the Group Managing Director, NNPC, Dr Joseph Dawha, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officers of the NNPC subsidiaries, began detailed monitoring of fuel stations in Abuja.
Others in the exercise were the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency, Mr Farouk Ahmed, and the Managing Director of Pipeline Products Marketing Company, Mr Haruna Momoh,
Also in the team was the Director of Department of Petroleum Resources, Mr George Osahon.
Dawha said the exercise was to checkmate hoarding and panic buying of petrol, particularly in Abuja, Lagos and its environs.
The GMD said there was enough petrol in the nation’s stock to take care of the need of motorists.
He said as the supplier of last resort, the corporation was doing everything within its mandate to alleviate the avoidable hardship caused by the situation.
The Executive Secretary, PPPRA, said the problem was more of artificial because there were enough products.
He said, “The problem we have is not really with the supply because there is enough supply .
“The PPMC has almost more than 800,000 metric tones that will be arriving in the month of March which is over a billion litres in terms of our daily consumption.
“Other marketers are also bringing in their cargo so by the end of the week, hopefully, everything will be clear.
“I think we should just encourage the people to desist from panic buying; things are going to be very okay.

Source.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-to-tackle-fuel-scarcity-with-one-billion-litre-import/
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by jaytee01(m): 12:08am On Mar 03, 2015
Another bazaar for fuel subsidy thieves!

Rushing to cash in before Buhari takes over!
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by Vision4God: 12:08am On Mar 03, 2015
Ds is great and encouraging.
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by clevvermind(m): 12:12am On Mar 03, 2015
apc will not use it to campaign against Jonathan again. i know apc have a hand in this scarcity.

i'm just joking o. before mumu people go start to insult me like one mad man. grin
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2015
clevvermind:
apc will not use it to campaign against Jonathan again. i know apc have a hand in this scarcity.
You called yourself "clevermind" but the truth is that you are not clever and also your "common sense"is nowhere to be found..

3 Likes

Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by clevvermind(m): 12:14am On Mar 03, 2015
jaytee01:
Another bazaar for fuel subsidy thieves!

Rushing to cash in before Buhari takes over!
takes over what?
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by MayorNaija(m): 12:15am On Mar 03, 2015
This is what actually puts pressure on the naira against the dollar.how can our currency compete with all this heavy importation.shame of a nation.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by clevvermind(m): 12:21am On Mar 03, 2015
wakacome:
You called yourself "clevermind" but the truth is that you are not clever and also your "common sense"is nowhere to be found..
grin i know apc is happy about the scacity. true or false? grin
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by rusher14: 12:43am On Mar 03, 2015
Where would they get the money?
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 03, 2015
clevvermind:
grin i know apc is happy about the scacity. true or false? grin
Actually APC is happy that your mental sickness is getting treated little by little.grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by agabusta: 12:50am On Mar 03, 2015
Nigeria it is time to kick out cluelessness once and for all and try change.

We'll be deceiving ourselves greatly if we think Jonathan will perform better than what we have seen in the last 5 years. He just doesn't give a damn.

It's only this election time that he made moves to give a damn. It is d elections that are spurning him into pseudo-action. Immediately the elections are over, he'll go back into hibernation and leave us again in the hands of his rapacious she-wolfs.

1 Like

Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by sammieguze(m): 12:53am On Mar 03, 2015
Someday very soon, i know things are going to #Change permanently for good
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by menesheh(m): 12:56am On Mar 03, 2015
Marketers are not happy as it is not business as usual,

Buy fuel
Creat artificial scarcity
Sell at high price tag
Bribe ur way in any spere in Nigeria
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by aresa: 1:07am On Mar 03, 2015
Last minute looting and sharing. Is this not their plan all along?
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by vintino(m): 1:43am On Mar 03, 2015
shocked
Re: NNPC To Tackle Fuel Scarcity With One Billion-litre Import by clevvermind(m): 7:23am On Mar 03, 2015
wakacome:
Actually APC is happy that your mental sickness is getting treated little by little.grin
i know you can't answer that.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Stop Multiple Taxation In Lagos Markets - Jimi Agbaje / PPA‬ Guber Candidate ‪Chikwe Udensi‬ Declares Free Education In Abia / Woman Pregnant With Twins Shot Dead At Ogwashi-uku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.