Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. (604 Views)

Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / A Comparison Between The Benin People And The Igbo People Based On Nigerias Hist / Disheartening: Nigerian Woman Assaulted On A London Buss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. by StunnazJay(m): 9:10am On Mar 03, 2015
Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it or who does it, I can't remember who made that statement, but it aptly describes what Nigeria is going through at this moment.

Straight to the matter, corruption in Nigeria did not start in President Jonathans' tenure. But you would agree with me that it has evolved during his tenure into a creative expression.

His tenure has been characterized by an ample load of promises to the citizens, with little or no concrete object for them to hold onto as a dividend of his 6 years in office.

His tenure has been fraught with one corruption scandal after another. Many of which were publicized by the media, but none of which was thoroughly investigated and swiftly prosecuted. Eventually these cases, were swept under the carpet.

Some of these scandals did not need further investigations as such, for there were incontrovertible proof that the malfeasance had being perpetrated.

All that was required was the exercise of Nigerias' judicial and prosecutory muscle as mandated by the constitution so that these individuals would have been formally charged, and taken to a law court and subsequently sentenced to serve time.

Many of these scandals, would have made honest men cringe largely due to their wantonness. The large-scale misappropriation, misdirection and gross embezzlement of funds, all happening under his watch. A true leader would have stepped down, tender an apology to the teeming populace that supported his election in 2011 for thoroughly failing them.

Not so our president, instead he continues to wine and dine with 'corrupt' politicians, not so recently he was quoted as saying 'stealing is not corruption'. Ride on sir.

What amuses me the most is the gusto with which he borrows, gradually digging a trench that Nigeria would spend the better part of her years getting out of. Not forgetting his various economic faux pas, incessant devaluation of the Naira and a general lack of an economic road-map for Nigeria to follow.

Further entrenching himself in history as the most inept C-In-C to ever rule Nigeria.

On the one hand, he has carried out various revolutionary projects across the nation, I cannot deny him that, while on the other hand his 'rulership' has been characterized by an increase in the skills and brilliance with which corruption is now being perpetrated. Gradually pervading the system in a trickle down effect, because like the saying goes 'A fish rots from its head'. Its no news that corruption in Nigeria has become systemic.

Money grabbing, economic miscalculations and the misleading of the Nigerian public.

I don't want to go into the security issues currently bedeviling Nigeria, an issue that would have been stamped out before it became the menace it is now.

I do not want a leader with a questionable integrity, I do not want a leader that pats 'corrupt people' on the back. I do not want a petty man at the helm of affairs in my country, a man who takes every constructive or not so constructive criticism as the work of his political detractors. Every statement by the citizens or the opposition is taken as a personal affront.

I say NO! to such a 'leader'. I say enough is enough

4 Likes

Re: The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. by blackfase(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2015
Check out the comment below & tell me what else you would expect from someone with such level of intelligence, mindset & orienation....

Re: The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. by StunnazJay(m): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2015
Nothing worth learning, unless what I learn would be how not to be like him when I lead men.

blackfase:
Check out the comment below & tell me what else you would expect from someone with such level of intelligence, mindset & orienation....

1 Like

Re: The President's Stance On Nigerias' State Of Affairs Is Disheartening. by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 03, 2015
And ya feel tinubu can change dis country lipsrsealed? Ogbenni, I wld prefer a dead man dan allow dat idiot dat has mouth odour rule us.

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan, PDP Are Angry With Jega – Investigation / Why There’s Fuel Scarcity –APC / Uruguay Bids ‘pauper President’ Mujica, Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.