Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Focus: A Secret Of Successful Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Focus: A Secret Of Successful Students? (425 Views)

5 Things Successful Students Do, That You Don't. / Study Habits Of Successful Students - Do You Agree? / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Focus: A Secret Of Successful Students? by ShehuAba(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2015
Anything worth doing, they say is worth doing well. To that end, your life, career, studies, business, job etc. and in fact anything you do deserves more than enough. You might be wondering what this is all about, you might think that after all I do the best I could and I don’t need to do more. After all I make lots of sacrifices daily to keep me on top of my career, studies, business etc. In fact I do all within my means to lead a fulfilling life.

Yes friend, those are encouraging words from you but that is not just enough, those things you have been doing are helpful in whatever you do, but you still need to do more. I have always maintained that: in life, what actually matters is not working hard, but working smart too. What actually counts is doing things that really matters. It is not just enough to do what others do, but to do what you need to do.

What Do You Need To Do?

It is a known fact, that what works for Mr A might not work for Mr B. what a friend of yours did to succeed might be the same things you will do and fail. It does not mean that your friend has cursed you never to succeed in the same way he did. It is far from that, in fact no amount of inspirational stories could have done the magic. But the turning point is that, your friend did what he needs to do in life, and he got the right results. He unravelled a secret which you have not figured out for a while and the rest is history. He did what works always, yes he focused on his WORLD.

Focus On Your World

We all live in a competitive and challenging world; everybody is doing all he could to make it in life. But the secret which most people are yet to figure and utilize very well is focussing on their world. Many people are trying so hard to live another person's life, thinking that because he succeeded that way, they will too. Most youths nowadays have been configured to mimic the celebrities in such a way, that they now live a fake life. Some students imitate their friends too, all in the name of doing what works. Having a mentor is good, looking up to people is better, and in fact learning from others is the best. But all these cannot really materialize if you do not focus on your world.

As a student, you really need to focus on your world and do what works for you better to succeed. It is suicidal for you to read just because your friends are reading. You need to figure out the best time for you to read and follow it religiously. Some people assimilate better in the day, while others do at night, some can read in noisy places, while others need quiet serene to understand better. Some understand better when reading alone, while others prefer it in a group. These are the things you must really focus on, because it is your world. Do not read at night because your friends do, and do not while away your day because your friends do too. If you focus on your world and do what works for you, I assure you that, you will see amazing results.

On a Final Note:

In life, you have to focus on what works for you. "If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything" So friend, take a critical look at yourself, Are you doing the right things? Are you really happy with what you have been able to achieve so far? Do you really focus on those things that make you happy? Hope you are not living someone else's life? It is your world you know, you understand what matters and works for you, so focus on them. Remember always that it is different strokes for different folks.

http://naijainspirationalhub.com/focus-on-your-world/#more-173

(1) (Reply)

Register: International Competition Of Packaging Design 2015 / Notice To All Those Wrote Jamb At Etc Ilupeju On The 12th Of March / 2015 Free Jamb Result Checking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.