Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,087 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju (586 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by Baawaa(m): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2015
I think it won't be wrong if I open this letter by greeting you as the peoples general. I say this based on my observation of the level of support you have garnered amongst majority of the common masses, both those I have direct or indirect contact with and some others I read and hear about in the news.

I have observed on the social media how a sizable number of Nigerians preach you and I have heard of other instances where an old woman donated her life savings to support your presidential ambition. Just recently, I also heard of a man who gave you an envelope containing N2000 only, after he caught up with your campaign train in one of the northern state.

Sai Buhari and Change are now popular slogans in the streets of Lagos
where I reside and it is with these observations in mind that I felt there is a need to write you an open letter as a concerned and always affected Nigerian youth. Let me first state sir, that I have written an open letter to our current president and your major contestant, or will it be better if I say opposition, since to me lately, it seems their team plays the opposition role more than the major contender role.

Dear peoples general sir, at this point, I am almost lost for what to write since my writing is not forthcoming like it did when I wrote the current president. However, I know I must write, so it is with utmost humility that I beg you please read through this letter that may appear to be boring.

To start with sir, let me use this medium to appreciate you for how you have carried yourself thus far in the course of this campaign. From before the primaries that saw you winning the APC presidential ticket till date, I must commend you for the way you have carried yourself with high esteem. Considering the level of support you have gathered so far, another person may have put the nation into a difficult position now by their reactions to the innumerable slandering, dirty and campaigns of calumnies propagated against you.

Starting from the way you and your team reacted to the certificate issue, to the election postponement and especially to your address at Chatham house in Uk last week, I can not but respect your maturity and the way you address issues. Well some have argued that it is this your qualities and some that you have exhibited in times past that Nigerians need at this time in our political parlance. Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Like I have said earlier sir, I don't really know what to write, especially considering the fact that my letter to your opposition (apologies for using the word opposition again), I mean your major contender ran in pages. However, let me just say this much which I believe may also be the thought of some other youths like me:

1. I appreciate the team you have surrounded yourself with, and want to beg you that if and when eventually you are sworn in by May 29,2015, please maximize this team during your administration and contrary to what FFK said some days ago, this intellects you have surrounded yourself with should not be discarded for any other person.

2. Sir, if and when you win, please make it a priority not to just create employments for the youths, but gainful employments that will be commemorate with the amount of investment they or their parents have invested in them. I said this because I have observed that even majority of those who are actually employed at the moment are not working in any sense, rather they are slaving in every sense. I have seen able bodied youths who will have gladly worked for a consistent as low as N10000 monthly income, but because they can't get such job, they now survive as oil bunkers, touts etc.

3. The people's general, I was passing through Alausa the other day, and I saw a small bill board with a picture of you with the caption vote electricity. Sir, you are just a year younger than my father, and contrary to what your detractors are wishing you, I pray you will still live at least 25 more years or for as long as you still wish to, since this is my prayer for my dad too. Nothing will make my dad happier than to live the rest of his life not having to cope with pulling the ropes of his I better pass my neighbor generator and having to spend his nights without the disturbance of the noise from same. I believe majority of the youths like me, who were not privileged to be born with a silver spoon also want same for their parents.

4. Sir, I grew up being trained by my parents to always be honest and shun all forms of corruption no matter how under pressure I am. Living with this value is almost getting me alienated since the society in which we are is really putting me under pressure to join if I can't beat them. To this point sir, I am begging, although I hear the major reason your detractors don't want you in Aso rock is because of your intolerance to corruption, please if and when you're eventually sworn in by May 29, don't renege on your fight against corruption. Had to say this because I have had some say you're surrounded by some corrupt persons. If indeed what they say is true, do Nigeria a favor of not changing to be one of them, but them changing to be another you. This way, Nigerians will be confident to breed more morally upright citizens that will take after you and place us where we should be in the committee of nations.

Sir, I have stated earlier that I don't know what to write, but I want to end my letter to you by begging you not to enter a revenge mission against the likes of FFK and Doyin Okupe or whoever you see as your political enemies, but rather please ensure that all looters are made to return their loots without any vindictiveness against them. I know you said you'd do this at your Chatham House address, but I just had to say it again for record purpose.

Finally sir and on a lighter note, in this remaining days to the general elections, please pacify your opponents in your campaigns by reiterating that you won't be out to witch-hunt anybody if and when you eventually move into Aso Rock and that you will accept whatever is the outcome of the election, so far its credible (though I believe all your supporters are sure you will win). This is because I see your major opponents probably have about 70% power and resources to make a mess of the election if they are sure of loosing at the polls.(Kaka keku ma je sese, afi sawada nu ni).

I am of this opinion because i think, if they are sure of a soft landing, there won't be need to make it a do or die affair and the democracy which is still growing won't be truncated so soon and maybe not ever.

I wish you goodluck in your political ambition sir.

Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 03, 2015
U will soon see dem trooping in dem numbers shouting sai baba sai baba wif dem smelling and odour packed mouth like tinubuz own.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by Ventura1: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2015
[s]
OREMUSSANCTUS:
U will soon see dem trooping in dem numbers shouting sai baba sai baba wif dem smelling and odour packed mouth like tinubuz own.
[/s]

Brainless post

[img]http://nggerwatonsuloyo.files./2005/11/brain-dead.jpg[/img]

[size=14pt]SAI BABA! SAI BUHARI[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by sammyj: 10:45am On Mar 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by blackfase(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2015
Op, nice one. No mind d yeyeku ftc..... Lol
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by abdul123(m): 10:55am On Mar 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Amadioha punish u and ur lineage odourless fufu consumer
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by abdul123(m): 10:55am On Mar 03, 2015
There are two kinds of people in Nigeria today,those who want
CHANGE and those who want CONTINUITY. If you want
change you are safe, if you want continuity there are two things
involved, is either you reside in LAGOS or you are in PDP. If
you are in lagos you are safe, if you are in PDP there are two
things involved, is either you are Jonathan's family or you are
naturally corrupt. If you are Jonathan's family you are safe cox u r
going back to Otuoke but if you are naturally corrupt, there are two
things involved, is either you leave this country before March 28 or
you remain. If you leave this country you are save but if you
remain, there is ONLY one thing involved, YOU ROT IN JAIL!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by minister2015: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2015
I'm speechless, the kind of cult-like followership GMB has is unprecedented in the political history of Nigeria. Pitching tent with GMB is enough for u to win election in most parts of nigeria. GEJ has broken guiness book record, for being the president to used ARMY to guard his billboards.
Re: Open Letter To General Muhammadu Buhari:by Obide Olanrewaju by Shubbylee(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2015
HERE ARE SOME VITAL STATS YOU SHOULD NOTE :
NUMBER OF PVCs PER GEOPOLITICAL ZONE
SOUTHWEST - 13,731,090
SOUTHEAST - 7,665,859
SOUTHSOUTH - 10,059,347
NORTHWEST - 17,620,436
NORTHEAST - 9,107,861
NORTHCENTRAL - 9,767,411
FCT ABUJA - 903,613
PREDICTED VOTE WINNING PERCENTAGES
SOUTHWEST - GMB 65%, GEJ 35%
SOUTHEAST - GMB 20%, GEJ 80%
SOUTHSOUTH - GMB 20%, GEJ 80%
NORTHWEST - GMB 90%, GEJ 10%
NORTHCENTRAL - GMB 60%, GEJ 40%
NORTHEAST - GMB 70%, GEJ 30%
FCT - GMB 40%, GEJ 60%
LOOK AT THESE FIGURES AND DO THE MATHS AND TELL
ME HOW GEJ WOULD WIN THIS ELECTION WITHOUT
RIGGING OR USING SOLDIERS TO INTIMIDATE/
DISENFRANCHISE VOTERS IN ZONES WHERE HE IS LESS
FAVOURED!!
EVEN THOUGH THE SOUTHEAST AND SOUTHSOUTH
(WHICH ARE HIS STRONGHOLDS) GIVE HIM 95% EACH, HE
STILL CAN'T WIN IF IT IS FREE AND FAIR. LET PDP KEEP
DOING RIDICULOUS DOCUMENTARIES AND WISHING
PEOPLE DEAD....MARCH 28 IS COMIMG!! CHANGE IS
COMING!!
SAI BUHARI!! LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!
OYA PDP and GEJ family and friends come and attack me
for saying the truth!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Inexplicably Missing, Nigerians Demand Answers / I Got Power In My Hand (pic) / Only God Can Help PDP Win Poll Now — Gbagi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.