Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life (1552 Views)

Final Year UNIUYO Student In Lucky Escape As Ceiling Fan Falls Off While Asleep / How Has Nairaland Transformed Your Life? / 18 Children Escape Unhurt As Truck Falls On School Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2015
Safaris come with guides, fast-moving vehicles and general built-in safety precautions. But what if you’re that one person who gets lost from the group, and wanders into unsafe territory? It’s a big what if — too big not to be prepared for it. Here’s how to meet a lion and escape with your life.

Dress carefully-In preparation for your safari, wear clothing that makes you look nothing like lions’ typical prey. If you do not resemble a lion’s typical prey, it probably won’t attack you. Lions tend to eat buffalo, elephants, zebras and giraffes, so stay away from the stripes and polka dots. Try to look scrawny. If you could be Indiana Jones that would help, but taking a style cue from him is a good start.

When scrawny stops being good-When a lion is at a distance, if you appear scrawny, he’ll be more inclined to ignore you. However, if things progress to the point that the lion is noticing you, agitated by you, and considering attacking you, then appear as large as possible by taking a wide stance and hovering your arms up in the air. The more you look like a challenge, the less likely the lion will be to continue his pursuit. You can take off an item of clothing and wave it in the air to appear even larger.

Stay perfectly still-A lion doesn’t want to attack just because he sees you. He will only attack if he feels threatened or if your timing is really, really bad…like you caught him at a time when he was hunting already.

Do not acknowledge the lion-Do not look at the lion and definitely do not point at him.

Check the tail, harbinger of bad news-A tail that is doing a sweeping motion from side to side means the lion might feel threatened or upset. A stiff tail that is occasionally twitching could mean the lion is currently on the hunt. Either of these are dangerous for you.

Stand sideways-A lion does not want to fight you—he knows it could result in an injury for himself. So before making any big decisions, see what the lion is doing. Stand so your side is facing him so he knows you’re not trying to fight. If he makes a lot of noise, growls and/or paws at the ground, he is most likely just trying to scare you away. An actual attack will involve one long launch on his part, and one big growl.

Wave your arms, clap and shout-You might feel frozen in terror, but usually yelling as loud as you can, waving your arms and clapping them will make a lion turn around — hopefully facing away from you. For good. And never looking back.

Hide behind a termite mound-If the lion has backed off, stop shouting and stop waving your arms. Back away, still with your side facing the lion, into an open area. If you find a termite mound (they can be as large as pictured above) hide behind that but don’t go into a thicket. Do. Not. Go. Into. A. Thicket

Move only when he doesn't-Your movement upsets the lion. Only move away if he (or she) appears to be calm. If he (or she) begins to move towards you, freeze again.

Under no conditions are you to run-No matter what, do not run. Running ignites the lion’s predatory instincts. If you run — the very thing human evolution has been preparing you to do for just this moment — the lion almost certainly will attack. Usain Bolt, the fastest human alive, can run 27.79 miles per hour, according to the Smithsonian. A lion can run 50 miles per hour.

Light a torch-Lions are not afraid of fire, but that doesn’t mean they’re immune to it. If you have a torch with you, light it. Fire might be your only weapon should the lion attack.

Aim for the face-If it does come down to the lion fully charging at you, throw whatever you have directly at the lion’s face. Aim for the eyes or anywhere that will cause pain.

http://afkinsider.com/85664/how-to-meet-a-lion-and-escape-with-your-life/13/

Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by DanielNK: 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2015
Meanwhile, my name is Daniel grin
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
DanielNK:
Meanwhile, my name is Daniel grin

lol...
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by Vision4God: 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
Weldone OP
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 3:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
Vision4God:
Weldone OP

thanks...

1 Like

Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by ChikezieU(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2015
someone got lost in the bush, as he was searching his way he confronted a lion, at that point the lion started praying, the now less afriad guy asked the lion r u a christain and lion replied, dont u pray for a chop
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by ramdris(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Easier said op. Lion case no b hollywood movie oo. You can't remember half of all these when face with a lion. Guy ur brain go activate freezing mode.
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
ramdris:
Easier said op. Lion case no b hollywood movie oo. You can't remember half of all these when face with a lion. Guy ur brain go activate freezing mode.

lol...that one sef dey...freezing can save your life na...
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by Acecube(m): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
LORD NEVER ALLOW ME TO BE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION.... AMEN
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Acecube:
LORD NEVER ALLOW ME TO BE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION.... AMEN

just in case you are...my brother read up...
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by Acecube(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
sucess001:

just in case you are...my brother read up...
okay how about this prayer... Lord Never allow me to use this knowledge in practice amen
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
Acecube:
okay how about this prayer... Lord Never allow me to use this knowledge in practice amen

lol
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
After living in Nigeria wetin go make me go safari? The only animals I intend to see are the ones served on a plate.

This thread is for oyibo people. Na dem like that kind thing
Re: How To Meet A Lion And Escape With Your Life by sucess001(m): 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
hahn:
After living in Nigeria wetin go make me go safari? The only animals I intend to see are the ones served on a plate.

This thread is for oyibo people. Na dem like that kind thing

loool

(1) (Reply)

Is This NEW HORIZON Ict Scholarship For Real? / Do Or Don't: Studying While Listening To Music / Funaab Microbiology Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.