Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,311 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan (11741 Views)

Corruption In NNPC Overblown, Exaggerated — Buhari's Minister, Dr Ibe Kachikwu / Comments On Corruption Political, Overblown – Jonathan / Nigeria Corruption Rating Political, Overblown – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by KORLAR(m): 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Two syllable word.

Mu-mu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
midolian:
he just won't take blame for anything.

He doesn't know "Leadership isn't about making excuses when things go wrong. Its about taking responsibilities"
i Like Ur Signature

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Firefire(m): 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
ramdris:
I would av been surprised if the clueless one agreed. As usual, any bad thing in his government is cause by opposition. I can't wait to kick his butt outta office.

Kick him out with your one vote? Funny elements undecided
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by minister2015: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ shall have a date with Otuoke come may29.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Abayhormy(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
GMB Till JONATHAN openly Declares his assets & allows AIT runs a full and undoctored documentary on his assets home and abroad !!!
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Splashme: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
[size=14pt]Transparency International say Nigeria's
anti- corruption drive under Jonathan is improving.

APC and their media propagandists say No, it's worsening
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by ignis: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
There are some element of truth in that. ..
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
uzeba:
- Pastor: It shall be permanent in your life.
-Cripple: God Forbid!
lolzzzzzz...... U funny die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Adminisher: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
This man Good luck is stealing our money big time. Rumours everywhere of mindless doling out of millions of dollars to groups to facilitate elevation. Whatever is going to happen at the elections I don't think Jonathan's future is bright. God is being made angry daily and we shall soon see.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by midolian(m): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
i Like Ur Signature
thanks boss
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Codedworld1: 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
this jona knows nothing about the Nigeria economy. what a shame to the country.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by anigbajumo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
Even if fani kayode no fit knack iz wifey wella iz poltical........bunch of BASTARDs!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Can someone please explain what exactly the president is saying, because I don't understand all this nonsense defence. If this guy has been a lawyer, even charge and bail sef nor go fit am. Dull responses all because he has sold his conscience. That's if he has one in the first place

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
midolian:
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the perception that Nigeria’s corruption has worsened under his leadership is an overblown assessment with political undertones.

The President, who spoke Monday night in an interview with Aljazera, said despite the country’s position in the global corruption perception index, the perception that corruption has worsened under his administration is inaccurate.

In 2014, Transparency International ranked Nigeria was ranked 136th out of 175 countries and territories, with a score of 27.

According to TI, a country or territory’s score indicate the perceived level of public sector corruption on a scale of 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean).

The latest ranking, though better than its ranking of 144thout of 177 countries and territories, with a score of 25, recorded the previous year, still categorised Nigeria among some of the world’s most corrupt countries, including Cameroun, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon and Russia.

South Africa, ranked the second largest economy in Africa, fared far better, with a ranking of 67 and a score of 44.

Also, the Thabo Mbeki High Level Panel report on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa noted during the recent summit of the African Union Heads of State and Government in Addis Ababa that Nigeria accounted for about 68.1 per cent of the cumulative revenue Africa lost between 2001 and 2010 through corruption and illegal transfers.

But the President insisted that even with Nigeria’s dismal anti-corruption record, both globally and in Africa, its perception both within and outside the country was blown out of proportion for political gains.
“Yes, people talk about corruption now, because it has become a political issue,” Mr. Jonathan said. “And when you promote something to the level of politics, normally it is blown out of proportion.

“Yes, we have corruption cases, no doubt about that. Yes, we have cases of people stealing, no doubt about that. I always said call a thief a thief. I am not saying that in Nigeria we do not have these elements of corruption, or stealing.

He cited the controversy triggered by claims by the former Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Lamido Sanusi, now the Emir of Kano, that $49.8 billion oil money was unremitted by state-owned national oil company, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, between 2011 and 2012.

After various reconciliations by both the National Assembly, the Federal Ministry of Finance and the NNPC, the amount that remained unaccounted for was reduced to $20billion, but a forensic audit by PriceWater HouseCoopers ordered by government turned in a report in 2014 that government has refused to make public.

The President said he was yet to come to terms with what the real figures involved in the allegation were, apparently because of politics.

“If you start from my former CBN governor, who said initially that $49.8billion was missing. $49.8billion is a lot of money. What is the budget of this country for God’s sake? Our federal budget has been three point something trillion, that’s roughly on the average $18 to $20 billion a year.

“And you are saying we lost $49.8 billion. If we lose $49.8 billion, the federal and state governments will not pay salaries. I don’t know how he came by that figure.

“The next moment, he changed from $49.8billion to $12billion. The next day it was $20 billion. Up to this time, I don’t know which is the correct accusation,” he claimed.

According to the President, the Senate employed the services of financial consultants to probe the allegation, and it turned out that only about $2 billion was found not to have been properly balanced.

“There was no evidence to show that it was stolen, but just that it was not properly balanced,” he declared.
The President had in one of his media chats insisted that stealing is not corruption.

In another outing, he tried to explain further what he meant by “stealing is not corruption”.

He says most of what are perceived to be corruption in Nigeria are mere cases of petty stealing by officials.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177847-nigeria-corruption-rating-political-overblown-jonathan.html

[size=28pt]
Femi Fani Kayode: “Jonathan Govt Is the MOST CORRUPT Nigeria Has Ever Seen!”

Unbelievable! Femi Fani Kayode bares his mind on President Jonathan. He says the Jonathan Govt is the MOST CORRUPT and WORST GOVT Nigeria has ever seen! He went furher to say that a second term for Jonathan will lead to the break-up of Nigeria due to Jonathan’s desperation to hold on to power.

Even more unbelievable, Femi Fani Kayode made very serious allegations about Jonathan’s plans to rig the 2015 Elections.

All these sound stranger than fiction from a man who is now the mouth piece of the Jonathan Government. So you should watch his inerview in living colors and decide for yourself if he was serious or not about these allegations.
http://hardtalknaija.com/femi-fani-kayode/[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Ahmeduana(m): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
ramdris:
I would av been surprised if the clueless one agreed. As usual, any bad thing in his government is cause by opposition. I can't wait to kick his butt outta office.
CAN'T YOU SEE THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING BORED ABOUT YOU GUYS, YOU SHOULD FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by sucess001(m): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
[size=18pt]oga jona...dont worry yourself about the figures. just make the PwC report public. we will calculate the missing figures for you...thievery![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Xslaze3xd(m): 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2015
midolian:
thanks boss
you welcome... But U dah Bo$$

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Kezsman(m): 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nigeria is a joke
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Mccullum: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
That's dodging of responsibility, better still destiny of d nation is at d hands of d people.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by xpressword: 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2015
Who is this AREGBESOLA.... Tell him to pay my parents 4months SALARY na #payoursalary #OsunGov #Aregbesola
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by nijanigga: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2015
atlwireles:
When the CBN chairman goes on business news networks to accuse his country's primary oil company of stealing or not accounting for $49.8B, why are we surprise everybody in the world thinks Nigeria is made up of only corrupt people.
Sometimes when people ask me here, where are you from? I just lied to them, that I'm from Ghana. I have other prominent Nigerians who do that too.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by cleric(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by bbjummy: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Why won't GEJ say that when stealing isn't corruption undecided?
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Akinsz: 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ok... Our stealing is not corruption president.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Abayhormy(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
Abayhormy:
GMB Till JONATHAN openly Declares his assets & allows AIT run a full and undoctored documentary on his assets home and abroad !!!
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by rhymestech: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2015
GboyegaD:

That's the funny part. He's never taken responsibility for anything under his aadministration.

All he ever wanted is the privileges of the office and never the responsibilities. So pathetic. You better brace up for the CHANGE is inevitable if you continue like this.
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by TristanReveur: 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
Let him lie to the world. That's his job. Let him do it. Then let him come back to Nigeria. If he knows, like we all do, that its a lie then let him try his sincere possible best, until the end of this presidential term at least to fight the menace. If he really believes his lie however........
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by freshdude99(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
gameboy727:
Mr Man it isn't. There should be no cases of corruption sef at all. All those thieves should be rotting in jail right now if not for your weakness to fight corruption.
How many prison yard u wan build for 170million thieves bcz dats exactly wat Nigerias are. Believe it or not, ders no point spending d little we have on fighting corruption why people are hungry
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by andepower: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Mr President hardly own up to short comings under his watch. Is there any sector that you go for services and not pay more than the official amount? Can someone please list
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by yahayamnur(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2015
Diarissss god oooooooooooo juna
Re: Nigeria Corruption Rating Is Political, Overblown – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
YES! I agree with joe, after all STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION but CHANGE is INEVITABLE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Northern Elders Warn Govt Over Imposition Of Curfew, Restrictions / FG Begins Oil Bloc Bid Rounds In May / The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.